Milestone anniversaries

Shafted

Advanced
Feb 1, 2012
US management has put an end to those great milestone anniversaries that AA employees have been accustomed to. No longer will we be getting out little lapel pins with varying colored stones on them and our certificates with the amount of years served printed on it. The US team is taking even the littlest of things away from the employee. They could care less about our years of service to this once great airline.     

Reactions: 1 person
Where's your information coming from? Just saw a coworker get his 30 year pin last week.

A good friend just got his 30 year pin last week too, here are his pics of his pin:

1012706_1576626252651666_5277533043114605293_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Some guys i work with were getting the 15 and 20 year pins last week and our supervisor said that the USair people said it was ending. The people that the stuff had been ordered for their upcoming anniversaries would be the last. We will see what happens next month. 

Maybe they'll implement a better program? Nothing personal to people who may have enjoyed the tiny little Chinese pin and form letter congratulations, but I never knew what to do with mine.

Reactions: 2 people
Shafted said:
Some guys i work with were getting the 15 and 20 year pins last week and our supervisor said that the USair people said it was ending. The people that the stuff had been ordered for their upcoming anniversaries would be the last. We will see what happens next month. 
Me thinks you are FOS

Reactions: 3 people
Worldport said:
Me thinks you are FOS
That's fine. I was just passing a little info along that i was told. We, including myself will have to wait for the next month or two to see if things change. I don't know how far in advance they get the pins or certificates but time will tell. 

It's not like 3D printing is expensive anymore... I'm sure it won't be long before some enterprising person makes a casting of the classic Eagle service pins and starts selling them on eBay.

I still have my service pins, as does my wife, but the reality is we never had a reason to wear them after Crandall retired.

Suits and formal dress are no longer in style for traveling, and it's even rarer in the workplace unless you're working in Special Services or wearing a uniform jacket.