My Milestone with US

trvlr64

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
FLL
www.usaviation.com
Today, 4/7/07, marks my 11th anniversary of weekly travel on USAirways. As a customer that's a lot of miles and money spent on this airline. Did I rejoice at the thought that I have spent that much time on a plane away from home? NO. Do I like the "new US" when compared to the original US? NO. Over these past years, employees and customers have put up with a great deal of change. Some good and some bad. And recently just mind boggling.

I was talking with the A F/A, Ruth, about flying US for this many years as a customer. We expressed the same frustration and longed for the days when it was actually a joy to fly as often as I do. But those days are gone and I dread flying anymore. Between the current state of affairs with the reservations fiasco, witnessing the exhaustion of the gate agents because of this change, the diminishing of the DM program, the increase of MA, PA and Kettlettes flying. Increasing delays, weather and mechanical. Today, airtravel is just plain frustrating at times.

I laugh to myself when I meet people who are envious of my type of job. Weekly travel has taken it's toll on my soul.

PS.......it was astounding to see that FC was filled with 5 adults & 7 children today. I thought I was in ROMPER ROOM. But then again it was a Saturday and most business people are at home, unlike me.

Today, 4/7/07, marks my 11th anniversary of weekly travel on USAirways. As a customer that's a lot of miles and money spent on this airline. Did I rejoice at the thought that I have spent that much time on a plane away from home? NO. Do I like the "new US" when compared to the original US? NO. Over these past years, employees and customers have put up with a great deal of change. Some good and some bad. And recently just mind boggling.

I was talking with the A F/A, Ruth, about flying US for this many years as a customer. We expressed the same frustration and longed for the days when it was actually a joy to fly as often as I do. But those days are gone and I dread flying anymore. Between the current state of affairs with the reservations fiasco, witnessing the exhaustion of the gate agents because of this change, the diminishing of the DM program, the increase of MA, PA and Kettlettes flying. Increasing delays, weather and mechanical. Today, airtravel is just plain frustrating at times.

I laugh to myself when I meet people who are envious of my type of job. Weekly travel has taken it's toll on my soul.
PS.......it was astounding to see that FC was filled with 5 adults & 7 children today. I thought I was in ROMPER ROOM. But then again it was a Saturday and most business people are at home, unlike me.

I know a few 20 year first officers that feel the exact same way.......

From this USAirways household we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your years of support.

we truly appreciate FF that are hanging in there with us!! It may not show all the time, but the front line thanks you everyday... : :D :D

The feeling is mutual. You front liners are in many cases the ONLY reason many of us have stayed as long as we have...something I pointed out repeatedly in Tempe.

This coming week is make it or break it time for us----stay tuned.

If we leave, just understand it is not due to anything you front liners did......

My best to you all...

Thank you for all of you FF's who have stuck by us through thick and thin. We truly appreciate you! Happy Easter to you and all of my co-workers who have stuck with it !

The feeling is mutual. You front liners are in many cases the ONLY reason many of us have stayed as long as we have...something I pointed out repeatedly in Tempe.

This coming week is make it or break it time for us----stay tuned.

If we leave, just understand it is not due to anything you front liners did......

My best to you all...

So this is it for us? I am awaiting your news/update...

Today, 4/7/07, marks my 11th anniversary of weekly travel on USAirways.
Dude,
Thanks for helping to pay my mortgage over the last 11 years.....I admire the fact that you ahve stayed with US for this long with the way our company treats FF. Bless You.

My MILESTONE UPDATE.........as of today, April 9, 2007, I have quit my job. My last flight on USAirways will be this Friday, April 13, 2007. I have had enough of the weekly travel and I've found a job that will keep my feet on the ground. In FLL of all places!! I will miss seeing all of my US friends, but it's time to say goodbye.

My MILESTONE UPDATE.........as of today, April 9, 2007, I have quit my job. My last flight on USAirways will be this Friday, April 13, 2007. I have had enough of the weekly travel and I've found a job that will keep my feet on the ground. In FLL of all places!! I will miss seeing all of my US friends, but it's time to say goodbye.
Congrats Trvlr, Enjoy some Rum Runners at the beach for me! :up:

:up: You will be missed by those of us who remember the FF's through the years. My husband has a job, much like yours, where he flies more miles than most Flight Attendants. Perhaps that is why he married me, a flight attendant. Now I am finally getting the opportunity to fly again and see hopefully some familiar faces in my return (yet to be determined.) Congrats on the new job, you'll be missed. I'm jealous of the whole FLL locale.

Forever your super stew! :up: