Money Flowing Out The Door

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
Does anyone know how our arrangements with the Express are set up regarding delivery and baggage expenses? Are they paid by US or the Express carrier?
The reason I'm asking is that back in Nov, 5 months ago (or more) I posted a warning to nonrevs about flying the Beech 1900s thru Florida that were showing seats available because we were having a problem with weight/balance problems and leaving people and/or bags off. Well nothing has changed and we continue to do this to this day. One day last week we left off over 35 bags on three continuous flights to PNS and tonight we could only take 15 people and 0 bags. Thats right 0 bags. So we paid out 3 dbs AND have the bags set up to go in the am. Only thing is the flight is booked to 14 already AND its the same plane as tonight so lets see how many of the 17 leftover bags (in addition to those being checked tomorrow) actually make it to EYW.
All the while the manager says no one at Air Midwest wants to do anything about lowering the inventory so we could actually get bags there MOST of the time with the people and it seems that people above local manager level arent aware of a problem. I find this hard to believe with the number of bag claims on a weekly basis being taken in all of the Florida cities due to Beech w/b issues.
The best part is, its not Air Midwest (who are they?) getting the blame for the problems, its USAirways. I would think that US would have some say over this since its our name on the side. Air Midwest supposedly does their own inventory and wont drop the aus to 16 or 17 on the flights, hence the problems.
Anyone reading here from CCY have any contacts that can get this situation corrected (now that Spring Break is over!)? We are paying DBs and $$$$ out that wazoo for this and there is a CURE! Quit throwing away money and creating bad PR at the same time!!! Someone grow some and take some action. Enough is enough!
:rant: :censored:

AirMidwest gets their revenue regardless of what they carry (fee for departure). Therefore they could care less about what actually goes to PNS. If the plane was completely empty, they would still make the same revenue as a full boat :eek: ! Just one of the deep dark secrets about contracting out the work.

flyin2low said:
AirMidwest gets their revenue regardless of what they carry (fee for departure). Therefore they could care less about what actually goes to PNS. If the plane was completely empty, they would still make the same revenue as a full boat :eek: ! Just one of the deep dark secrets about contracting out the work.
Wrong!! Air Midwest is not Fee for departure. They split the rev with U just like the old days. Every pax does matter. Get your facts stright before you post. -Cape

Looks like your on to part of the "Plan". Why try to improve the profit picture when contracts are being renegotiated? Would n't look to good if things improved without the peons giving back. Why would a company sign a contract which is in essence cost plus to a operator when you do the same thing. Until CCY lays the Contract to non contract CSM on the table with a detailed 10K from the W/O's. The babbling from CCY concerning costs is the same as Chippy lecturing the peons about pay cuts and layoffs as long as you don't ask questions or demand fact he's a genius. Once the subject is breached it's instantly quiet.

Capecod said:
Wrong!! Air Midwest is not Fee for departure. They split the rev with U just like the old days. Every pax does matter. Get your facts stright before you post. -Cape
That's true and because of that, Air Midwest takes on the costs of the DBs.

I have heard so many bad things about this Mesa Company, not only in TPA, but other stations. Why isn't management looking into this? Many of the reasons they could save money instead of coming to the employee. Looks like someone isn't doing their jobs.........

Cause Johnny O and Siegel are buddies, US Airways biggest expense is probably ALL the money that flows to Mesa, would not surprise me if seigel and o and some kind of secret arrangements going on.