More Dash-8s Needed at US Airways

FM2436

Veteran
Jan 8, 2003
As Delta begins the pull out of many mid-atlantic non-hub markets it seems opportunities from US Airways/US Airways Express would present the need for a larger/growing fleet of Dash-8s with Piedmont. Either a larger/growing fleet of 300's or 400's.

http://www2.newsadvance.com/business/2010/oct/28/us-airways-add-another-lynchburg-flight-when-delta-ar-613733/

As Delta begins the pull out of many mid-atlantic non-hub markets it seems opportunities from US Airways/US Airways Express would present the need for a larger/growing fleet of Dash-8s with Piedmont. Either a larger/growing fleet of 300's or 400's.

http://www2.newsadvance.com/business/2010/oct/28/us-airways-add-another-lynchburg-flight-when-delta-ar-613733/

Although would be great news to see a wholly owned get more and newer aircraft, It just does not seem all that likely. Wow, even the airport authority seems to shed only negative light of the whole situation. Only the news reporter is somewhat positive. Kind of strange to see the news reporter more upbeat than the airport authority.

As a frequent traveler myself in that area, I would love to see the dash-8 fleet grow. I actually prefer the dash eight to the RJ. I guess I am probably in the minority on that one but I always enjoy the ride on a dash-8.

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder why US didn't add a once daily PHL flight (timed to connect with the evening transatlantic departures) in lieu of another CLT flight.

One flight a day makes it really hard to handle anyone that misses a connection or in the event of a cancellation. It's really asking for trouble.

That would be nice! We really need to replace some of these aging aircraft with newer planes anyway.
I'm with Onestep, I'll take a ride on a Dash over an RJ any day.
I'll take anything that will come back here to RDG. I hate having to drive to PHL, MDT or ABE to fly. The drive before and after are dreadful. I believe RDG can support 2-3 RJ's to CLT/day.

Latest posts