More Flights Out Of Charlotte?

I'll get back with you tomorrow with actual loads...sheeesh I didn't think it was all that difficult to answer a simple question about PIT-ERI service...maybe you can check on the TOL-PIT loads and we'll compare notes :rolleyes:

USFlyer stated-most people probably drive ERI-PIT not much O&D traffic.

I simply stated a fact that the PIT-ERI flights are always full...I don't care about yields and neither do most people on here unless you are some CCY bean counter.

orville said:
USFlyer stated-most people probably drive ERI-PIT not much O&D traffic.

I simply stated a fact that the PIT-ERI flights are always full...I don't care about yields and neither do most people on here unless you are some CCY bean counter.
Oops, I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I meant I doubt many people starting in ERI stop in PIT. I'm sure there's lots of connecting traffic originating in ERI, just not traffic destined to PIT and only PIT.

700UW said:
Charlotte is the #2 gateway city to the Caribbean only behind Miami.
I don't think so. JFK is second. ATL, ORD, and EWR are probably bigger as well. As a concrete example, JFK-SDQ traffic alone is greater than 50% of CLT's TOTAL international traffic, using 2002 DOT data.

In 2003, there were about 200 passengers that flew from ERI to PIT. About one per business day. Certainly not enough to provide scheduled service at the current asking price.

mweiss said:
In 2003, there were about 200 passengers that flew from ERI to PIT. About one per business day. Certainly not enough to provide scheduled service at the current asking price.
I wonder how many of those people were on multi-leg itineraries, where flying from ERI to PIT (i.e., meeting in ERI then a meeting in PIT) was more cost effective than having an open jaw.

700UW said:
Go check your information, CLT is NOW the #2 gateway city to the Carribean.
100% accurate. And if you've ever used MIA as your connecting point to/from the Caribbean, you'll probably agree that CLT is a FAR superior option for getting to the sunny spots! US's service to the Caribbean using CLT is a great asset (and rumored to the only place US makes money).

• Banned
PHL is the #1 money making station because of all the europe flights.

I think the ERI PIT O&D is low, the value for US is the stage length. moving from PIT to PHL would help with Europe and ERI to CLT will help with the south and the carib. I noticed ERI traffic is up 20% from 9/11 days. It is unfortunate that DL came in and grabbed alot of that traffic.

700UW said:
Go check your information, CLT is NOW the #2 gateway city to the Carribean.

http://www.usairways.com/about/corporate/p...s/caribbean.htm
I'll do half the work. Based on information at:

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/traffic/coverfram.HTM

For the year ending March 2004 JFK pax to the Caribbean+Bermuda totaled 2.79 million, Mexico totaled 449 thousand.

For the same period EWR pax to Caribbean+Bermuda totaled 873.3 thousand, Mexico totaled 404.7 thousand.

Tell us about Charlotte.

I don't think we're looking at the same stats. CLT O&D traffic to the Caribbean is not higher than JFK or MIA. However, what I think is happening is total passengers traveling THRU CLT to the Caribbean is probably greater. Neither JFK nor MIA has as many connecting opportunities as CLT's rather large hub with feed from lots of small and medium-sized cities. JFK is mainly point to point and MIA, while AA does have feed from many cities, is simply not a hub on the order of DFW or ORD, for example.

I'll be glad to concede if someone will provide the data. As Cuba Gooding would say, "SHOW ME THE NUMBERS!"

:)

Back