More Good News; This Time From Bos

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
In a much more refined approach than some other recent press releases, AA strikes back against last night's B6 release announcing some new flights to FLA from BOS.

More Flights From Boston to Sun and Ski Destinations - Only on American Airlines

Friday December 12, 7:00 am ET

Best to the West and Everywhere Else From Boston's Largest Airline

FORT WORTH, Texas, Dec. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Whether you want to ski the West or bask in the sun, American Airlines has just the ticket for Bostonians, with new and expanded service to sun and ski destinations and an additional West Coast nonstop, all beginning Dec. 15.

American will launch additional non-stop service to the sun from Boston to Cancun, Santo Domingo, San Juan and St. Thomas beginning Dec. 15. American also begins connecting service the same day to some of the best skiing in the West: Vail, Steamboat Springs and Montrose, Colo., and Jackson Hole, Wyo.

And to the West Coast: American adds a fourth nonstop to Los Angeles Dec. 15, leaving at 2:30 p.m. and arriving at 5:48 p.m. Sunday through Friday. A fifth Boston-Los Angeles daily nonstop flight begins March 2.

American's new Dec. 15 flights complement expanded service launched Nov. 1 from Boston to Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, and West Palm Beach in Florida; Aruba, Port-au-Prince, Turks & Caicos and St. Thomas in the Caribbean; Cancun, Mexico, and New Orleans.

In January, American makes sun destinations easier to get to with additional daily nonstop flights to Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031212/daf006_1.html

More excellent news from the world's largest airline. Finally through running from the LCCs like a scared animal - now it's time to put the screws to them. B)

I agree. Did they can the guy/gal who was coming up with the "mine is bigger than yours" style of press releases? They were comical.

All these additional flights were announced months ago. Yesterday jetBlue announced expanded BOS-FLL/MCO service. AA protecting thier turf. Good for them.

MAH4546 said:
All these additional flights were announced months ago. Yesterday jetBlue announced expanded BOS-FLL/MCO service. AA protecting thier turf. Good for them.
Yes, I remember that these flights were announced earlier this year. One reason I posted this press release was to highlight the change in tone of AA's press release, seeing how it was triggered by the B6 release the day before. It lacked the childish "me-too" attitude that so many complained about last month when every other day AA issued press releases in response to competitors' announcements. B)

That, and to remind all of the continued (but slow) recovery of AA.

Happy holidays, all.