More Lies from TWU

Bob Owens

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
http://www.twu.org/organize/drives/contine...inental_MTC.pdf

Well we see where the TWU is putting out more disinformation.

We could easily take that same cartoon and replace "Continental Profits" on the upward rocket with "TWU officers pay" and "Ramp wages" on the downward rocket with "TWU members pay".

The fact is that if you get the TWU and the company returns to profitability you will probably get nothing, but without the TWU you will probably get back more. In the past hasnt Continental had the best profit sharing plan in the industry? Over at AA the profit sharing plan is capped and TWU members get nothing unless the company clears over $500,000,000.

The fact is that TWU represented workers at AA lost more than non-union workers at AA.

Get a union, just not the TWU! Why not just go IBT like your mechanics?

http://www.twu.org/organize/drives/contine...inental_MTC.pdf

Well we see where the TWU is putting out more disinformation.

We could easily take that same cartoon and replace "Continental Profits" on the upward rocket with "TWU officers pay" and "Ramp wages" on the downward rocket with "TWU members pay".

The fact is that if you get the TWU and the company returns to profitability you will probably get nothing, but without the TWU you will probably get back more. In the past hasnt Continental had the best profit sharing plan in the industry? Over at AA the profit sharing plan is capped and TWU members get nothing unless the company clears over $500,000,000.

The fact is that TWU represented workers at AA lost more than non-union workers at AA.

Get a union, just not the TWU! Why not just go IBT like your mechanics?
gee bob,
while the TWU is not my 1st choice, no one else has put forth any effort to organize us! at this point, i would take anyone over noone. management at continental preyed on nonunion workers and hit them the hardest. i had 18% stolen from me with no say or input!!!!! 9.8% paycut and reduced vacation, sick time etc...... to top all this off, Continental is giving snapbacks to the other workgroups but, only a 4% snapback to the sr. people whom were hit the hardest! the mechanics pay was cut 4% across the board but management saw fit to screw the sr. agents on the ramp, and cut the pay of those who are topped out by a higher percentage!(you sound like a member of Cal management to me)

gee bob,
while the TWU is not my 1st choice, no one else has put forth any effort to organize us! at this point, i would take anyone over noone. management at continental preyed on nonunion workers and hit them the hardest. i had 18% stolen from me with no say or input!!!!! 9.8% paycut and reduced vacation, sick time etc...... to top all this off, Continental is giving snapbacks to the other workgroups but, only a 4% snapback to the sr. people whom were hit the hardest! the mechanics pay was cut 4% across the board but management saw fit to screw the sr. agents on the ramp, and cut the pay of those who are topped out by a higher percentage!(you sound like a member of Cal management to me)
also, continental has induced such a climate of fear on the ramp, (veiled threats to contract out our jobs) and demoralized the employees to such a degree many are too afraid to unionize........ like i stated previously, "anyone" beats noone as far as a union goes!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

I had 18% stolen from me with no say or input!!!!!

Those of us at NW had 19% taken with no say either...and we're represented (I use the term loosely) by the IAM. The permanent cut is 11.5%-more than your 9.8%.

9.8% paycut and reduced vacation, sick time etc

Every major carrier except WN has had the same thing. The only difference is we're paying anywhere from $35-70/monthly to experience it.

Careful what you wish for; you just might get it....

Those of us at NW had 19% taken with no say either...and we're represented (I use the term loosely) by the IAM. The permanent cut is 11.5%-more than your 9.8%.

Every major carrier except WN has had the same thing. The only difference is we're paying anywhere from $35-70/monthly to experience it.
Careful what you wish for; you just might get it....
"i would take anyone over noone when it comes to dealing with CAL management"...... if you have financed your own house, car etc........ would you rather have a written contract and know your finance terms? or, would you rather have a non-binding open ended agreement amendable at the whims of the finace company? (wait, i may need to work on this one myself) :unsure: there is not a perfect labor union.........grow up!!!!! twu, teamsters, iam all have checkered pasts! what exactly happened with you and lonnie chambers? your attacks are on more on a personal level! :bleh:

"i would take anyone over noone when it comes to dealing with CAL management"...... if you have financed your own house, car etc........ would you rather have a written contract and know your finance terms? or, would you rather have a non-binding open ended agreement amendable at the whims of the finace company? (wait, i may need to work on this one myself)

I would prefer a binding agreement that isn't riddled with side letters of agreement(s), or subject to revision at the whim of my union's leadership. I would prefer a union whose answer to any contractual question is "they can do that."

:unsure: there is not a perfect labor union.........grow up!!!!! twu, teamsters, iam all have checkered pasts!

No argument here. You guys at CO are in the enviable spot of being able to choose what union you'd like to represent you. Don't squander the opportunity. Why pick one of the worst ones? Why not join the IBT or another stronger union?

what exactly happened with you and lonnie chambers?

Not a clue. I have no idea who that is...

your attacks are on more on a personal level! :bleh:

What attacks? I (and other posters here) are trying to help you a little; to open your collective eyes as it were. Ignore the advice at your own peril.

If nothing else, educate yourself before casting a representational vore.

gee bob,

I can understand your fustration but with the TWU I had 25% stolen from me 17% paycut, lost vacation, holidays etc, with the help of the TWU and I had to pay them for that!!!

You brought up the fact that you would rather have a contract, this way you could manage your finances accordingly, thats perfectly logical. Well a TWU contract will not provide you with that because we had one too. We had a contract in place but the TWU decided to open it because the company told them to "or else". The "or else" included terminating $3million a year that the company paid to TWU officers. We had system protection for layoffs, so guys figured they had a job, however the TWU rolled the date back and allowed the company to lay them off anyway. So our contract was worth nothing. The company took everything they wanted to. When a local president brought up the idea of making non-economic changes to the contract that the members wanted the International said that we could "not ask for anything".

Last year the TWU agreed to another $20 million in cuts and this year agreed to another $95 million in cuts from just the line mechanics.No votes, no voice, the TWU dictates to us just like the company. Two years ago the mechanics tried to get rid of the TWU but the company inflted the eligibility list by including dead people, retired people and people who never worked for the company on the list. AA loves the TWU, because having the TWU on the property is like not having any union and it makes it harder for the workers to get a real union.

Like I said, get a union but dont go for the TWU, you will regret it. Sure the TWU may have expressed an interest but thats only because they desp[erately need more dues to cover the payroll, pensions and other perks for International officers. Why dont you try for the Teamsters like your mechanics? After all if you are going for an industrial union then you should have the structure for it. In industrial unions they usually try and get all the workers in a company into one union. Why would you want to go TWU when you already have the IBT there? Its like mixing oil and water, it wont work for you, buuuut the TWU doesnt care, 7500 new members will pump in some desperately needed dues to pay for all the Internationals perks!

I can understand your fustration but with the TWU I had 25% stolen from me 17% paycut, lost vacation, holidays etc, with the help of the TWU and I had to pay them for that!!!

You brought up the fact that you would rather have a contract, this way you could manage your finances accordingly, thats perfectly logical. Well a TWU contract will not provide you with that because we had one too. We had a contract in place but the TWU decided to open it because the company told them to "or else". The "or else" included terminating $3million a year that the company paid to TWU officers. We had system protection for layoffs, so guys figured they had a job, however the TWU rolled the date back and allowed the company to lay them off anyway. So our contract was worth nothing. The company took everything they wanted to. When a local president brought up the idea of making non-economic changes to the contract that the members wanted the International said that we could "not ask for anything".

Last year the TWU agreed to another $20 million in cuts and this year agreed to another $95 million in cuts from just the line mechanics.No votes, no voice, the TWU dictates to us just like the company. Two years ago the mechanics tried to get rid of the TWU but the company inflted the eligibility list by including dead people, retired people and people who never worked for the company on the list. AA loves the TWU, because having the TWU on the property is like not having any union and it makes it harder for the workers to get a real union.

Like I said, get a union but dont go for the TWU, you will regret it. Sure the TWU may have expressed an interest but thats only because they desp[erately need more dues to cover the payroll, pensions and other perks for International officers. Why dont you try for the Teamsters like your mechanics? After all if you are going for an industrial union then you should have the structure for it. In industrial unions they usually try and get all the workers in a company into one union. Why would you want to go TWU when you already have the IBT there? Its like mixing oil and water, it wont work for you, buuuut the TWU doesnt care, 7500 new members will pump in some desperately needed dues to pay for all the Internationals perks!

Well it looks like the TWU is set on collecting dues from you guys. Nothing has changed. Get a union, just not Jim Little's TWU. Jim Little is a liar and a fraud, he says that you guys didnt get snap back, because you didnt have a union but he fails to mention that at American Airines the pilots got a snap back of nearly 10% while TWU members who lost nearly 25% of their compensation only got 1 and a half percent. Once inflation and the TWU negotiated increases to employee paid medical costs are figured in TWU members took an additional paycut.

"These workers know firsthand what happens when you go without a contract and representation," TWU President James C. Little said in a prepared statement. "Over the past couple of years they've seen very deep cuts."

TWU represented workers at American Aitrlines took a wage cut of 17% plus at least another8% in benifit cuts. TWU represented workers at American Airlines with less than 5 years only get one week of vacation a year. TWU represented workers at AA never get double time, are only paid four hours pay for eight hours worked on paid holidays of which their are only five, and have less paid time off than most workers in western civilization.

American Airlines workers represented by the TWU paid union dues yet they took bigger cuts than non-union Continental workers.

In 2005, Continental ground workers' wages were cut 10 percent, Little said. Unlike Continental's unionized workers, he said, the ground workers were not provided with "snap backs," which are written guarantees that lost wages would be restored as the airline returned to profitability.

The TWU did not negotiate snap backs at AA, despite the fact an other union at AA did negotiate a nearly 10% snapback for the first year. In fact the pilots at AA who have their own independant union negotiated more back the first year than the TWU did for the entire 5 years of their concessionary contract.

Dont believe Little, when he speaks he lies. Just look at the AA board for all you need to know about Jim Little and the TWU. If you think its hard getting a union, try getting rid of one like the TWU. The fact is that the TWU is the property of American Airlines. Just look at how all the top positions in the union are being filled by AA people despite the fact that the TWU takes dues from people who work at many different airlines. Little, Gordon, Yingst, Burchette, Conley, all the full time six figure paying jobs in the TWU, came from AA. People from other carriers are delegated to mostly title jobs, jobs that dont pay six figures or in some cases nothing at all. Jobs that will not entitle them to the extremely generous TWU International DB pension (for officers not members) that gets has a built in COLA of 5% a year, 2.5 multiplier and uses the best ever year as a basis.

Bob, you forgot one little detail. Jim little is ex-AA management.
Very true, if you CAL rampers do vote in the twu, your leader of the union will be coming to you compliments of AA managment. I bet that is one little thing he forgot to mention.

BTW...if you do have an election, you don't have to vote twu, you can do a write in vote for the Teamsters. Just get 50% to vote for any union, and the winner between the twu and any write-in would be your union. You could be Teamsters with as little as 26% of the vote. If you're up to it, let us know because we can help you pull that one off. <_<

The TWU Is not a union. They are a dues paying club who admits they are a company union. I am sad to say that even the TWA mechanics said that the TWU is a sad excuse for a union. They also said "as bad as the IAM was, they were a hell of alot better than the TWU. They are right!

Continental Rampers listen to the dissapointed and get a union. Just don't vote in a union (TWU)who continously sets the bar lower!

Call any American station and ask them for yourselves about their great representation just don't take my word for it.

Bob, you forgot one little detail. Jim little is ex-AA management.

The TWU Is not a union. They are a dues paying club who admits they are a company union. I am sad to say that even the TWA mechanics said that the TWU is a sad excuse for a union. They also said "as bad as the IAM was, they were a hell of alot better than the TWU. They are right!

Continental Rampers listen to the dissapointed and get a union. Just don't vote in a union (TWU)who continously sets the bar lower!

Call any American station and ask them for yourselves about their great representation just don't take my word for it.
EDITED for clarity and to include a question(s) regarding what potential TWU Members from CO expect from their Union.Boomer

On 09/07/2007 the TWU Endorsed John Edwards as the Democratic Nominee for President of the United States.
Jim Little endorses John Edwards on behalf of the entire TWU

Unions must be involved in politics: but, that involvement and Union dues spent in support of any cadidate must never happen without the approval of the membership. With the TWU, you will not be asked how your Union Dues are spent: you will be told, in the greatest favorable light, how your Union dollars were spent.

If you elect the TWU:
1) do you know that the TWU, as ruled by a Federal Judge, can sign off on any letter of agreement to your contract without a Membership vote; and,
2) do you know that the TWU, as ruled by a Federal Judge, can choose to accept any contract despite your vote; and,
3) do you know that the TWU, as ruled by a Federal Judge, can appoint anyone they choose to administer your contract; and,
4) do you know that the TWU, despite their own constituition, will take all dues from the members at the International and then choose what they give back to your Local; and,
5) do you know that the TWU, despite their own constitution, can choose NOT to represent your grievance even if it violates your CBA?

Find a Union, any Union, other than the TWU.

TWU may have expressed an interest but thats only because they desperately need more dues to cover the payroll, pensions and other perks for International officers.

This is what these guys don't get. The TWU has THEIR agenda and not the workers best interest at heart. Find another union.

gee bob,
Hou
I'm not much of a poster anymore but after reading the quotes from jim little about not having snap backs and the fact that you guys took a 10% pay cut because you weren't represented by a union my jaw fell open. I pay dues to the twu collection agency and have for 20 years. I took a 17.5% paycut and another 8 to 10% in vacation, sick, holidays, double time, shift differential, etc etc. What the hell is a snap back??????? I made a copy of this B.S. and showed all the mechanics in my shop and their reaction was the same as mine, total amazement. By the way management took a 10% paycut and lost nothing else in the form of holidays, (they stay home and we have to work memorial day) sick time etc. etc. Ask jimmy boy or whoever is trying to organize you guys about this. This man is a charlatan selling you guys snake oil.

gee bob,

We're just trying to help you guys and gals by steering you away from the TWU (Totally Worthless Union). Under Jim Little and Dennis Burchette, the twu has turned into a company union and definitely doesn't have the membership's well being in mind. Be aware - these two are people whom you can't remove from their appointed offices.

Back