More MEM cuts

Yet it is ranked as the sixth busiest airport by movement, and is profitable.

He is just a US Airways hater, plain and simple.

CLT is one of the easiest airports to navigate and is very passenger friendly.

And many companies have headquarters or a large presence in CLT because of the ease of travel.

What does 700 have to do with any of this? CLT is a dump of an airport, it is only a hub for US due to their low costs. Seriously no one cares about CLT.

Josh

back in 99 to 00  bos was actually the worst     i remember how awful hot it was in the terminal esp btwn b and c  where ua aa and dl were at that time....  i do not know if it changed since but i would hope it has

clt actually is a nice airport   easy to get around and as far as im concerned  clt is better than phl  and certainly in my own opin  much better than atlanta

robbedagain said:
back in 99 to 00  bos was actually the worst     i remember how awful hot it was in the terminal esp btwn b and c  where ua aa and dl were at that time....  i do not know if it changed since but i would hope it has

clt actually is a nice airport   easy to get around and as far as im concerned  clt is better than phl  and certainly in my own opin  much better than atlanta
BOS has come a long way, no doubt and the opening of the Ted Williams tunnel helped considerably. But as it is now US has the dumpiest gates in the entire airport, at least the parking is convenient.

Josh

737823 said:
Seriously no one cares about MEM, it is a nothing market that brings nothing to the table in the DL network. The local community and demographics could never sustain the amount of service they have maintained all these years, too bad it has taken DL this long to make the adjustments. At least CVG has the support of the business community and has worked with DL to make the hub work.

Hopefully the same will happen at CLT in a few years with AA/US.

Josh
"Hopefully the same thing will happen at CLT in a few years with AA/US."

Healthy debate is good.
Different veiwpoints, no big deal. 
But wishing for a hub to close, a very "smarmy" post.

robbedagain said:

I agree. CLT is a nice airport and a nice town.

I do not understand why this number guy 787373 or whatever his handle, is down on the airport?

Force Majeure said:
I agree. CLT is a nice airport and a nice town.
I do not understand why this number guy 787373 or whatever his handle, is down on the airport?
Been there several times for client work, do not like Charlotte or CLT airport. No culture, no good restaurants or areas to walk around around, very hot and unpleasant in the summer and no ocean. Airport facilities are old and inadequate certainly compared to AA's hub facilities.

Josh

not sure what ocean or not has to do with the airport but CLT is handling way more passengers than it was designed to handle and it is obvious that an airport that was never designed as a hub airport has been cobbled into a large one.

that said, I don't think there is much risk of CLT being dehubbed given that it is the only real competition to ATL, which is itself bursting at the seems for DL. The market is there and no other AA/US hubs can replicate what CLT does.

AA has spent a lot of money on rebuilding its hub facilities but it also takes being able to win in the marketplace in order to justify huge terminal expenses. If anything, CLT is secure precisely because it is a low-cost, viable airport and very likely quite profitable for US, not much different from what ATL is for DL although on a much larger scale.

737823 said:
Been there several times for client work, do not like Charlotte or CLT airport. No culture, no good restaurants or areas to walk around around, very hot and unpleasant in the summer and no ocean. Airport facilities are old and inadequate certainly compared to AA's hub facilities.
Josh
Sounds like you just described ATL 10 months out of the year, except the ocean thing, which would be 12 months of course.

Force Majeure said:
Sounds like you just described ATL 10 months out of the year, except the ocean thing, which would be 12 months of course.
ATL has much better dining options, and I fly DL nonstop, not USAIR! Our ATL office is in Buckhead, many nice shops, restaurants and great hotel options. CLT, not so much. CLT is a dump.

Josh

Clt was a hub for Eastern, Piedmont and US Airways.

You are just a hater.

737823 said:

Josh
No culture?

Lets see there is the Mint Museum Uptown, Mint Museum on Randolph, the Harvey Gantt African American Museum, the Levine Museum of the New South and several others.

Johnson and Wales Main Campus Uptown has brought so many new restaurants, Emeril has a place here now, along with many other four and five star restaurants.

BOS is a dump.

Get a clue on CLT.

http://www.charlottecultureguide.com/

Back