More res layoffs bakc to April 98 ....

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/2/2002 1:04:04 AM flyonthewall wrote:

Any word on the number of voluntary furloughs this time in each office?
----------------
[/blockquote]
Hearing of very few in PIT....maybe 10....Kinda glad I am in this round because the Job Market will be tough when we go Under...7 to 8 hundred people in PIT looking for jobs kinda SCARY !!!!!
----------------
On 11/2/2002 1:04:04 AM flyonthewall wrote:

Any word on the number of voluntary furloughs this time in each office?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Anyone hearing how many vol furloughs yet???? Keep hearing 24 here in PIT. Also heard that this was the JAN 03 cut and another to follow in March 03 taking us back to 87 leaving 900 agents???? How is this possible???? And how about the new message when calls are holding??? Thank You for calling UsAirways all of our agents are busy, please visit us at UsAirways.com or try your call again later. Thanks. Then is disconnects??? How nice is that!!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard the 950 total agent number myself several times prior to the contract signing...That number would result in having about 300-400 agents taking calls during peak times due to days off sickness and schedules...so if on a bad weather day you have more than a handfull of cancelations you know what will happen...Of course the company only staffs for good weather days...That would be considered irregular operations...No it never snows in the NE...

[BR][FONT face=Courier New size=3][STRONG]That's a ton of severance going back to '87, if this rumor comes to pass.[BR][BR]It is pleasing to know, thanks to the new contract, that many eventually will be asked back on at 13 an hour,and those that decline will be replaced by new hires at 7 an hour or so. Siegels sound leadership wishes come true. And CS voted for it. And then everyone's happy. Good job!
FONT]

Latest posts