Conversation With Lakefeild On Thurs In Clt

700UW:

I find your comments interesting since you no longer work at US Airways.

The latest fare increase was reinstated and the company's revenues from the 3 fare increases are holding up. There are more reasons than just revenue to extend the POR filing date such as lease negotiations, the Air Wisconsin-United agreement, completing the equity piece, electing to affirm, reject, or renegotiate aircraft and facility lease negotiations, etc.

Load factor does not equal profits but each incremental passenger adds revenue.

Your simplistic comment is inaccurate.

I am surpirsed at how close US Airways is to balancing the budget and completing the POR. There is more work to be done, but I believe the comapny will emerge.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Everything that etops posted rings true.Think about what each carrier
has done in bankruptcy,from shedding routes,pensions,people,aircraft,
hubs,leases,clubs,executives,and so on. Lakefield made his millions
long before he came to U and frankly as a naval officer and as an
executive at Lehman Bros. made his bones long ago.

This would be the third time a merger between these two carriers
has been proposed,the first back in the 90's ,UAL 's employees put
the kabosh to it.Then Goodwin and Wolfe tried it again,the economy
and the government nixed it.

In my opinion the third time will be the charm.U will be able to hang
on through the end of 2005.The merger will be worked on through
2006,to be consumated sometime in 2007.Most projections from the
industry have airlines making money by then.The reason and the
only reason for the merger is that the money guys know they can
make money.

Chip weighed in on this thread and he among all of the posters knows
the history and the inner workings of this the the best.I give credit
where credit is due.

So again ,think about what each carrier has done and is talking about
doing.Granted both must do what is needed to survive until they can
combine but that undoubtably is the end game.

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:
I find your comments interesting since you no longer work at US Airways.
Regards,
USA320Pilot
[post="259225"][/post]​

Gee Sparky, how can you be so wrong once again?

I don't? Gee then why am I still working for US Airways at an airport 40 hours a week?

Don't let the facts get in your way there once again.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I was not laid-off.

nycbusdriver said:
I don't know who etops is, but I could very well know him. At any rate, I wouldn't call him a liar, because I have no basis for doing so. Let's just say I refuse to believe that his post is gospel. Who knows what agenda Lakelfield might have been trying to promote when the chat took place? Also, unless etops recorded the conversation, his spin is present in the post. Sorry, but I have to assume etops is a human being and subject to our limitations of memory and interpretation. Finally, I can't really believe Lakefield would say such things to a front line employee without having a hidden agenda. It's called a "leak."

I too am having a hard time believing that a CEO would confide in someone he'd just met unless there was an agenda somewhere in the mix.

CapnCockroach said:
DELETED
[post="259231"][/post]​
Dude....it's a cartoon! If I ran like that every day, they'd be down to my knees by now!....BUT.....the REAL girls are better anyway, but no one here will ever know! :rolleyes:

Cleanup at aisle 69 Bob!

PineyBob:

Nobody likes closing the PBI, LAX, or SFO Clubs or the reduction of other services. Management must cut costs more to provide a POR that produces a profit because of fuel prices.

Was it the right decision? Maybe, maybe not. However, nobody likes reducing service to the most important people to US Airways: its customers and in particular FFOCUS members.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

700UW said:
Gee Sparky, how can you be so wrong once again?

I don't? Gee then why am I still working for US Airways at an airport 40 hours a week?

Don't let the facts get in your way there once again.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I was not laid-off.
[post="259227"][/post]​

Not yet, anyway. With an attitude like yours,
it's only a matter of time.

cybercat said:
nycbusdriver said:
I don't know who etops is, but I could very well know him. At any rate, I wouldn't call him a liar, because I have no basis for doing so. Let's just say I refuse to believe that his post is gospel. Who knows what agenda Lakelfield might have been trying to promote when the chat took place? Also, unless etops recorded the conversation, his spin is present in the post. Sorry, but I have to assume etops is a human being and subject to our limitations of memory and interpretation. Finally, I can't really believe Lakefield would say such things to a front line employee without having a hidden agenda. It's called a "leak."

I too am having a hard time believing that a CEO would confide in someone he'd just met unless there was an agenda somewhere in the mix.
[post="259230"][/post]​
no agenda buddy , none.if there is one, i sure as hell don't know of any.

PineyBob said:
Is that language really appropriate?? I prefer the descriptor "Mellons" or perhaps "ta-ta's"
[post="259251"][/post]​
What language? I didn't say anything pertaining to body parts. Nope, not me!

SpinDoc said:
Not yet, anyway. With an attitude like yours,
it's only a matter of time.
[post="259254"][/post]​
Care to elaborate, since you don't know jack?

700UW:

700UW said: "Gee Sparky, how can you be so wrong once again? I don't? Gee then why am I still working for US Airways at an airport 40 hours a week? Don't let the facts get in your way there once again.
Hate to burst your bubble, but I was not laid-off."

USA320Pilot comments; With all due respect, I believe name calling is an insult and lacks decorum. Can you prove you are still employed and if true, is it in CLT Utility?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I don't have to prove anything to you, but if you remember my posts you would know what I do, I hold time in more then one classification.

You would know nothing about decorum, shall I ask Lark or others to chime in about that?

Guess you want to know so you can rat me out to CCY.

700UW said:
Care to elaborate, since you don't know jack?
[post="259257"][/post]​

Who is this Jack person? You are correct.
I don't know anyone named Jack who works
for US.

I wish no harm or unemployment for anyone.
My point was that there is no room for radical
unionism in the new US Airways, and if you
continue down that road, you will be among
those who are asked to leave.

700UW said:
I don't have to prove anything to you, but if you remember my posts you would know what I do, I hold time in more then one classification.

You would know nothing about decorum, shall I ask Lark or others to chime in about that?
[post="259259"][/post]​
hey . please let this not become a 700UW USA320 pissing match.