Mr. Parker Delta plus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
By time the "association" is done arranging the chairs for its negotiation sessions, the economy will likely be in recession again, profits will plummet, and the tentative agreement will not be impressive. Par for the course for AA's mechanics.

Time to clean house.

Reactions: 7 people
FWAAA said:
By time the "association" is done arranging the chairs for its negotiation sessions, the economy will likely be in recession again, profits will plummet, and the tentative agreement will not be impressive. Par for the course for AA's mechanics.

Time to clean house.

You are correct, our contracts in maintenance have usually been negotiated about the time the economic pendulum is starting to swing the wrong way. I hope it does not happen on this one. I only wish we could clean house, too many sheep and Kool-Aid drinkers have prevented us from doing just that. All I gotta say is, what has the TWU or IAM done for you lately? Or anytime in the past for that matter.

Reactions: 7 people
By the time this ass gets to a completed JCBA you guys will be down to no raise at all.  With Parker back pedaling from the Delta plus 7 now down to the Delta plus 3% as the ass drags out the nego's process soon Parker will be down to just matching Delta +0%.  I am surprised the union(s) are not doing informational picketing about Parker back pedaling from D+7 down to now D+3. Some guys has posted that,"oh well, we will still be making 47, that's still good money."  What he doesn't realize is that's 2 bucks per every single hour worked in reg, O/T, D/T, T/T and so on.  It will not be compounded in ANY future % increases that the union might gain. The 4% being removed is 2 bucks an hour, 4,160.00 per year and every year afterwards, plus the compounding of the percentile of ALL future % raises.  In a simple 5 year contract (as an example) every mech just lost a minimum of 20,800.  Not counting any O/T worked or the loss of percentile for the next contract, but rest assured it is a lost for every 5 years in the future of 20,800. In 20 years it comes to well over 100,000.  Now to the guy that posted no big deal we will still be making good money, now how does it look??   Look at the whole picture not just the immediate future or now...
swamt, I fully realize and understand what I posted. I stand by my belief that 47+/hr is still good money. Do not misunderstand, I absolutely in no way am happy with the company's backpedaling on Delta+7. In fact Parker has stated several times the company offer would be the HIGHER of Delta or United. This backpedaling speaks to a lack of integrity on the companys part. No real surprise there. The wage is one piece of a larger equation. Personally, I`m looking for everything restored and then some. I would like to see us raise the bar and start thinking outside of the box. Shift differential as a % of base pay is one example. Do I have any faith in my imposed representation? Absolutely not. As to the tone of your post. I`m going to let it slide. I generally agree with your positions. However on this one you went personal. You are better than that.

Reactions: 5 people
dvlhog212 said:
swamt, I fully realize and understand what I posted. I stand by my belief that 47+/hr is still good money. Do not misunderstand, I absolutely in no way am happy with the company's backpedaling on Delta+7. In fact Parker has stated several times the company offer would be the HIGHER of Delta or United. This backpedaling speaks to a lack of integrity on the companys part. No real surprise there. The wage is one piece of a larger equation. Personally, I`m looking for everything restored and then some. I would like to see us raise the bar and start thinking outside of the box. Shift differential as a % of base pay is one example. Do I have any faith in my imposed representation? Absolutely not. As to the tone of your post. I`m going to let it slide. I generally agree with your positions. However on this one you went personal. You are better than that.
and when did the company have integrity? that is not something i have seen in the 25 years i have been with aa.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts