Mr. Parker Delta plus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
swamt said:
Kev, I may be reading into this too deep, but let's see.  You state that the pilots have a "me too" clause that kicks in 12-31.  Could it be that Delta is playing a back-door card by giving all non-union employees the 14.5% raise, the PS changes in order to exercise the "me too" clause come 12-31? Think about it.  The pilots were successful in getting the "me too" inserted and Delta very well might use this to their advantage and have it implemented on 12-31 so that the pilots have to take it per their contract---BAM---Delta get's what they want with the pilots after all and all by using their own contract language with the "me too" clause.  It may sound far fetch, but could it happen???  Just a thought, what's your opinion on this?
I doubt that the Pilots would have been stupid enough to have any language in their contract that would produce a carve out of any benefits they currently have.

Albert said:
Oh WeAAsles if you do finish the math, in comes out to a gazillion dollars. After the merger is complete I'm thinking of checking out that southern Fla lifestyle you speak so highly of. These NY winters have been brutal.Maybe I could get a locker right next to yours
First what I would like to know is how much time you have at US? Did you start at (LCC) America West?

Now some history and a little math project for you.

In 03 Fleet at AA was at about $23.00 headed towards $24.00 at the end of our contract. Now not including all of the lost value of jobs, language and benefits that had (financial) value, do this calculation.

Add a modest 2% per year on $23.00 × 12 years and see what the number ends up at?

(Again not including all the middle carve outs)

Then look at the analysts forecasts for the majors moving forward.

"Research, read"

eolesen said:
No, it says that DL will pay them just enough not to vote in a union.If you really expect to get 7% on top of what DL just raised their book to, you're overdue for a drug tap and/or psych eval. AA can't afford that.What you might be able to get is 7% above the current rates at DL, but not after the 14.5% bump in December.
Parker is on record as stating that he will pay us the higher of United or Delta, Plus 7%, whoever that is at the time of the negotiations.
Obviously, it will be Delta.

I don't understand why there should be Any backing away from that now.
The Company will report in the neighborhood of 8 Billion in Profits for THIS YEAR ALONE.

A good portion of that is on the backs of the give backs from the TWU.
I personally have relinquished over $300k in income since the 2003 cuts , and that's using conservative numbers, it might be more than that.
It is now time to get back what we gave up.

If the Association fails to get DL+7 , after their Dec1 raise, it will be considered a failure by any measure you want to use, and they should be removed as the representatives on the property.

WeAAsles said:
Ay yi yi. You see this is where you lose your credibility. Nothing? Ok.

Gain sharing received $0.00
Company prefunding $0.00
14% equity hold. $0.00
4% pay raise. $0.00
Delta plus 7%. Still waiting, $0.00

$0.00 from $0.00 equals nothing no matter how you look at it. Following past events we are at nothing as of today. Your right about one thing. No Credibility on the unions part. I could care less about fleet service because there are appointed fleet service people in control at the international level over seeing aircraft maintenance in the association.

WeAAsles said:
First what I would like to know is how much time you have at US? Did you start at (LCC) America West?

Now some history and a little math project for you.

In 03 Fleet at AA was at about $23.00 headed towards $24.00 at the end of our contract. Now not including all of the lost value of jobs, language and benefits that had (financial) value, do this calculation.

Add a modest 2% per year on $23.00 × 12 years and see what the number ends up at?

(Again not including all the middle carve outs)

Then look at the analysts forecasts for the majors moving forward.

"Research, read"
Hired in 1978 at AL then they changed the name to US. I would love what DL is getting but I am also being realistic. I'm not swayed by the union or company I also think the company would be willing to match DL if we matched their work rules . Keep in mind the man is trying to run a business

You know when a dog has been abused by his first owner and someone else either frees or winds up with him and treats him kindly, that dog still cringes anytime that new owner goes to pet him.

Not much different with people either. It's called a syndrome.

WeAAsles said:
You know when a dog has been abused by his first owner and someone else either frees or winds up with him and treats him kindly, that dog still cringes anytime that new owner goes to pet him.

Not much different with people either. It's called a syndrome.
Whats it called when someone thinks they could be compensated and enjoy better work rules  then their peers and remain competitive?

By now most of you should of seen the New Delta pay scale. Do the calculations from where we are to that point, and ask your self if you feel AA will give us the amount you calculate?

Here are some numbers to consider...

Combined UAL has 8000 mechanics with 700 aircraft numbers came (from UAL AMT)

Delta has 5900 mechanics this came from a brother of an MIA AMT. (who wks at Delta)

We have approx what 13k do you think if they pay us Delta wages they are going to keep us ALL?

Lets Hope there is a Early OUT Package....

Albert said:
Whats it called when someone thinks they could be compensated and enjoy better work rules  then their peers and remain competitive?
And so what was the difference between Delta plus 7 then and Delta plus 7 now?

And WHERE have you read me say ANYTHING about workrules?

I'm VERY keenly aware of those workrule differences. Keenly aware.

AMFAinMIAMI said:
By now most of you should of seen the New Delta pay scale. Do the calculations from where we are to that point, and ask your self if you feel AA will give us the amount you calculate?

Here are some numbers to consider...

Combined UAL has 8000 mechanics with 700 aircraft numbers came (from UAL AMT)

Delta has 5900 mechanics this came from a brother of an MIA AMT. (who wks at Delta)

We have approx what 13k do you think if they pay us Delta wages they are going to keep us ALL?

Lets Hope there is a Early OUT Package....
Weren't JOBS something that most of the AMFA crowd always wanted to ignore?

WeAAsles said:
And so what was the difference between Delta plus 7 then and Delta plus 7 now?

And WHERE have you read me say ANYTHING about workrules?

I'm VERY keenly aware of those workrule differences. Keenly aware.
The difference  might be close to 1billion dollars more per year for our salaries(thats pretty expensive goodwill isnt it) dont forget EVERY employee group gets the new rate. He's running a business,why dont you buy a business and pay your employees more than your competitor's employees and see how long you last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back