Ms. Skankzilla

It is important to know ones own strengths and own up to ones weaknesses. I know I am not well versed on the contract. I must hash my way through it, then ask friends to interpret the legalese; or yes, I would run.
I don't buy that excuse. I heard it all the time when I was active at AFA/UAL and was trying to encourage others to get involved.

How do you think the people you consider to be experts in knowing your contract got that knowledge? They weren't magically born with it. They took the time to learn it.

So if that is truly the only thing holding you back, do a little work to bring yourself up to speed on it (it's not THAT difficult to learn the ins and outs with a little effort, at least what you would need to know to be an effective LEC officer as opposed to, say, the MEC grievance chairperson), and run.

I don't buy that excuse. I heard it all the time when I was active at AFA/UAL and was trying to encourage others to get involved.

How do you think the people you consider to be experts in knowing your contract got that knowledge? They weren't magically born with it. They took the time to learn it.

So if that is truly the only thing holding you back, do a little work to bring yourself up to speed on it (it's not THAT difficult to learn the ins and outs with a little effort, at least what you would need to know to be an effective LEC officer as opposed to, say, the MEC grievance chairperson), and run.

Words hold true.