Msy Land Weather Policy Only Good Thru 05sep

JAXPax said:
Southwest apparently has at least one bird in the air bound for MSY from DAL right now.

An article came out today discussing the chaos at the airport the day prior. Southwest flew in a planeload of agents from DAL and HOU to take over and process passengers so the local agents could go home to get evacuated with their families, then flew the agents back to Texas on the last flight out.
[post="295157"][/post]​

Southwest is one seriously classy, well-run, and well operated carrier. I read about an AA 757 going in on the AA board with relief supplies, but I wonder if they took such good care of their employees. WN's ability to do the right thing, and do it quickly, is still the industry standard.

IMHO it sure would be nice for the airlines to take the approach SWA has for quite sometime now....Be able to cancel your flight (up to the time of loading) and have FULL credit and to use that credit within one year of the date of purchase. AND to do it WITHOUT penalty. Even on the most restricted fares.
Now there is an ingenious idea for all those manager's in charge of customer service. Amazing how a few SIMPLE rules allow an airline to function so smoothly.

I WAS scheduled to fly to MSY on Friday for a bachelor party in New Orleans this weekend. I can't tell you how thankful I am we picked this coming weekend months ago over this past weekend. I called US Airways to cancel my ticket and got two different people that didn't speak English very well at all. One guy said, "yes you are confirmed" as if I still wanted to go. I had to tell him there was no airport to fly to. I was able to cancel and use my ticket for up to a year. Then a few hours later I got a call from a friend that said the flight we were supposed to be on was canceled and they were able to get a full refund. I called US Airways again today and got a very nice lady after about 45 minutes on hold. She was in Winston Salem. She didn't even question me after I said New Orleans, She asked for my ticket number and she gave me a refund. My best suggestion would be to wait until your flight is canceled and then get a refund. Even if you want to wait for a later time to re-use your ticket, New Orleans is still going to have major problems a year from now.

CLT-Douglas said:
New Orleans is still going to have major problems a year from now.
[post="295386"][/post]​

A city official was on one of the cable news channels tonite - said it'd take up to 6 months to pump all the water out once the levees were repaired.....

Jim

someone has made an executive decision and extended policy for MSY area-- to reaccomodate to alternative destinations waiving the change fee/advance purchase rest...etc .....if tkt qualifies...sometime additional collection may apply - for MSY passengers that were travelling thru 31oct.....almost impressive - the company has never moved quite this quickly usually it takes weeks of complaints.....maybe this is a sign of what's to come.....lets hope....things are looking up except for the outsourcing and misinformation being provided.

those flights are only being allowed to clear the airport of customers stranded there since the hurricane hit. after they are clear NO airport will turn into a giant MASH unit. only relief flights to evac medical and bring in supplies will be allowed. right now (all things are tenative) target is SEPT 8 to open MSY but again nothing is firm....

god bless them all down there.

BoeingBoy said:
A city official was on one of the cable news channels tonite - said it'd take up to 6 months to pump all the water out once the levees were repaired.....

Jim
[post="295387"][/post]​
Gee maybe we should be spending US taxpayer money on our American cities instead of IRAQ!

TheLarkAscending said:
Geebus, Eye, you're not allowed to question authority, that's a hair-raising issue! ;) :blink:
[post="295725"][/post]​

I just keep 'pluggin' away for the 'hair-raising' (or is that transplanted) facts. :lol:

javaboy said:
right now (all things are tenative) target is SEPT 8 to open MSY but again nothing is firm....

god bless them all down there.
[post="295513"][/post]​

I just called to cancel my Sept 9th-11th MSY flights...no problem, as they were already canceled. I was asked if I'd like a refund or reticket. I chose the refund, as I've already booked travel to BTR instead (which actually turns out more convenient, as that's where all of my family has evacuated to...)

I think US is actually on top of things for once! B)