My name is Bond............

Status
Not open for further replies.
(KSDK) -- Missouri Senator Kit Bond wants to open a congressional hearing into the seniority system that made former TWA employees the first target for layoffs by American Airlines.
Yesterday. Bond asked for a hearing of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee. Bond says former TWA employees are losing their careers and livelihoods through no fault of their own. As part of the airlines'' merger, about 60 percent of TWA''s 2,100 pilots were placed at the bottom of the seniority list at American.

Maybe Sen Bond should look at ways to help the airlines stay in business so they don't have to lay off employees. Intead of spending money to investigate which employees should be laid off first. I guess if AA wasn't in the finacial shape its in right now Sen Bond wouldn't have to worry about this issue.

If Mr Bond wants to find out why the TWA workers are suffering perhaps he should look at Mr Ichann. All in all the TWA workers fared far better than Lorenzos victims.

I'd like to ask anyone from USAIRWAYS if they now expect to get a 40% raise now that their company has declared bankrupcy. I think they would concider the TWA'ers pretty lucky. OR how about the Delta F/A's that that just found out that another 1500 could be on the streets soon. Maybe Sen Bond should look a little further than his voting district to see whats going on in the airline business.

[blockquote]
All in all the TWA workers fared far better than Lorenzos victims.
[/blockquote]

And, as fate would have it, Icahn's chosen few are probably doing far better than Steven Wolf's victims.

UAL's problems didn't really start until the ESOP was formed (which he encouraged, and ultimately removed him from UAL), and I guess the same can be said of USAir's problems from the time of his arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts