McCaskill-BOND federal law

Your question to MCI has been asked for the past 13 years... Had TW's unions dragged out the deal out by six months, 9/11 would have hit before the deal closed, and claimed them as another victim just like Midway was.

The TW folks will never admit it, but the AA deal was the best thing that could have happened at the time. The cuts sucked, but there is no recall list after a shutdown...

Reactions: 1 person
AMFAinMIAMI said:

MCI transplant

I have a question, do you actually think AA would of walked away from that deal? That is how they got rid of your master Carl Ichan. Wasn't he screwing you for yrs.
Didn't the IAM allow that to happen? How long did you work at TWA? How long did Carl take 20% of the ticket sales while you guys got zero?

Lots of guys here at AA thought you should be at the bottom. I am one that did not feel that it was done correct. They (aa) screwed the reno guys as well.
merging the list with one for one with the seniority of occupational as we call it here or classification as they call it at US is fair to both.

If I am not mistaken that is how they did the Aircal guys when AA took them.

when you guys did sign your rights away that is on you. the same happened at SWA when both the SWA and AT guys both agreed to the 4 to 1 ratio. but it was voted on.
I don't like that either but they thought it was a good deal so thats the way it went. SWA was amfa and AT was IBT.

How it gets done here will have to be worked out and that is why we are trying to get the USAirways guys to switch to AMFA as well so we can all move forward as one group and have a say rather than have the IAM/TWU assoc. force what ever down our throats.
It realy dosen't matter what I think. But someone must have.

What was done, is done. And fair depends on who you talk to. My point here was that the McCaskell- Bond Law was enacted because of how the TWA/ AA buyout was handeled. And for the TWU to hide behind the skirts of that act now, in my oppinon, is the height of hypocrisy!!!

What was done, is done. And fair depends on who you talk to. My point here was take the mcCaskell- Bond Law was inacted because of how the TWA/ AA buyout was handeled. And for the TWU to hide behind the skirts of that act now, in my oppinon, is the height of hypocrisy!!!

MCI

Well lets give the TWU no place to hide, do what you can to help us get rid of them...

AMFA at AA in 2014

AMFAinMIAMI said:

MCI

Well lets give the TWU no place to hide, do what you can to help us get rid of them...

AMFA at AA in 2014
AMFA----- I hear you, But there's not a lot I can do as a retiree. This is something you all should have done years ago! But let's hope with this injection of new blood, something might happen!

MCI transplant said:
AMFA----- I hear you, But there's not a lot I can do as a retiree. This is something you all should have done years ago! But let's hope with this injection of new blood, something might happen!

MCI

You are wrong, you can help as a retiree, you must know guys still working, many may even be close friends. If you have the time to put your two cents here you can send your co-workers an email. Tell them they need to get in the game and help us rid AA of the TWU.

jimntx
You must be one of the blue blood AA guys who since you got your A&P you have worked here and the TWU taught you the I GOT MINE way.
It's time we as A&P's look out for one another industry wide don't you think.
Companies come and go, TWA/Eastern/PanAM/Airflorida/Peidmont/NWA/Northeast and all the others that have been bought or just went out of business.
AMFA, you might try reading what was actually written instead of reading the first two or three words and then start a flamebait response.

Please note that mine was the 7th post in this thread. In the first 6 posts were stated what the law says and then THREE other posters listed THREE separate ideas of how the blending of union folk should be done--and that's just in 6 posts. I don't care how its done. I'm not a mechanic. It's just obvious that once again, no one is going to be happy because the result was not what they wanted.

Kev3188 said:
Bingo.

Classification seniority for shift bidding, transfers, and RIFS. DOH for everything else.

Without going back through all the comments, you mean to tell me someone is actually promoting
DOH for the things you mentioned Kev?

AMFAinMIAMI said:

The one big thing about the Air California merger, the Air California AMTs were represented by the TWU.

eolesen said:
Uh, unless Jim just recently went back to school, no, he's not an A&P.
But he asks a real good question. I was management for 17 years. Let's say I decided to go get my A&P, get hired on by AA, and after two years (which is when past seniority is recredited), jump to be a 19 year employee based on DOH.
Now, based on DOH, I just displaced someone else in a RIF. Fair?
Based on the way McB is written, if DOH is the key, you betcha. My "entire career" was a factor. Never mind what I was doing...
That's what happens when Congress meddles in crap they can't understand, and when unions have to turn to outsiders for help where they've failed their members...
The new American doesn't giveback seniority if you have been gone for more than 1 month. 31 days after you are separated from the company you come back as a new hire and remain with your new return date as your DOH.

AANOTOK said:
Without going back through all the comments, you mean to tell me someone is actually promoting
DOH for the things you mentioned Kev?
I honestly don't know if it's being pushed in any sort of "official" capacity, but a lot of responses (including mine)came after seeing this:

Ramp Rogue said:
Date Of Hire is the only Fair way to go!

AirLUVer said:
The new American doesn't giveback seniority if you have been gone for more than 1 month. 31 days after you are separated from the company you come back as a new hire and remain with your new return date as your DOH.
Is that in writing somewhere? One reason the rules on regaining seniority existed at AA was due to management not having recall rights after a RIF, and nobody in their right mind would come back without their seniority.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

MCI transplant

I have a question, do you actually think AA would of walked away from that deal? That is how they got rid of your master Carl Ichan. Wasn't he screwing you for yrs.
Didn't the IAM allow that to happen? How long did you work at TWA? How long did Carl take 20% of the ticket sales while you guys got zero?

Lots of guys here at AA thought you should be at the bottom. I am one that did not feel that it was done correct. They (aa) screwed the reno guys as well.
merging the list with one for one with the seniority of occupational as we call it here or classification as they call it at US is fair to both.

when you guys did sign your rights away that is on you. the same happened at SWA when both the SWA and AT guys both agreed to the 4 to 1 ratio. but it was voted on.
I don't like that either but they thought it was a good deal so thats the way it went. SWA was amfa and AT was IBT.

How it gets done here will have to be worked out and that is why we are trying to get the USAirways guys to switch to AMFA as well so we can all move forward as one group and have a say rather than have the IAM/TWU assoc. force what ever down our throats.
AMFA Let me explane a little further. "Do I feel AA would have just walked away?" ------- No I don't. The way most of us (at the overhaul base) felt, was that what they really meant was that they would withdrew any further financial help to TWA, and just let it fold in B/K. Which it would have at that point in time, just cherry pick what was left, and walk away from the employees! Anyway you happen to look at it, we were screwed! ------ A gun was put to our heads, and we took AA at it's word that they would do everything in their power to treat us fairly! as far as a stright percentage reduction of Senority, I fell that would have been a fairer way of going insted of that screwed up Arbatrators formula.