The Good And The Bad

Hatu

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
MIA
From the APFA:

The good:
We have secured a minimum of eight hours "behind the door" effective December 2, 2005, on both Domestic and Caribbean sequences, as well as crew meals on International Long-Range, with the Extended Long Range flights effective November 15, 2005. We have also agreed to meet with the Company quarterly to review other food options for the most egregious sequences where it would be difficult for an F/A to obtain food.

The bad:
Since the reduction in our level of on-board passenger food service earlier this year when BOB began, many of us have been anticipating staffing reductions on certain aircraft because of the reduced workloads in the main cabin. The Company noticed us this week that in December '05, there will be changes to short-haul beverage-only flights under 1 1/2 hours, and in January '06 a further reduction will take place on both Hawaii and two-class Transcon Buy-on-Board flights. The Company's actual "notice letter" with all specifics can be found on the AA Flight Service website.

As a furloughed FA I have access to the APFA site but not to Flight Service. Does anyone say just what the headcount reduction might be?

I have been expecting this reduction in staffing. I don't think it will be a huge number, but it certainly won't help get us back to work.

MK

Latest posts