New A321s Ordered

USFlyer

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060830/law053.html?.v=65

Press Release Source: US Airways

US Airways Restructures and Increases Airbus Order
Wednesday August 30, 4:43 pm ET
Transaction Increases Commitment to A321 Family; Accelerates Delivery Schedule and Improves Fleet Flexibility

TEMPE, Ariz., Aug. 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways (NYSE: LCC - News) today added seven new Airbus A321s to an existing order for 30 Airbus A320 family aircraft. The amendment also converts existing orders for one A320 aircraft and seven A319 aircraft to an order for eight A321 aircraft. Deliveries of the 15 A321 aircraft will begin in July 2008 and run through 2010. Deliveries under the prior order were not scheduled to begin until 2009. The A321 aircraft will be configured to accommodate 183 passengers in two classes of service (16 first class, 167 main cabin). US Airways has certain conversion flexibility within the A320 family on the remaining 22 aircraft.
ADVERTISEMENT

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20050223/LAW097LOGO)

"This transaction provides important fleet flexibility to US Airways," said Chairman, President and CEO Doug Parker. "The expanded and accelerated order positions will either allow US Airways to replace less efficient aircraft more quickly or allow for modest expansion should market conditions warrant."

US Airways and America West's recent merger creates the fifth largest domestic airline employing nearly 35,000 aviation professionals. US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express operate approximately 3,800 flights per day and serve more than 230 communities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America. US Airways is a member of Star Alliance, which provides connections for our customers to 842 destinations in 152 countries worldwide. This press release and additional information on US Airways can be found at www.usairways.com. (LCCG)

FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS

Certain of the statements contained herein should be considered "forward- looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements may be identified by words such as "may," "will," "expect," "intend," "indicate," "anticipate," "believe," "forecast," "estimate," "plan," "guidance," "outlook," "could," "should," and "continue" and similar terms. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about the outlook of US Airways Group, Inc. (the "Company"), expected fuel costs, the revenue and pricing environment, expected financial performance, and the benefits of the business combination transaction involving America West Holdings Corporation and US Airways Group, including future financial and operating results, the combined companies' plans, objectives, expectations and intentions, as well as other statements that are not historical facts. These statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of the Company's management and are subject to significant risks and uncertainties that could cause the Company's actual results and financial position to differ materially from these statements. These risks and additional factors that may affect the future results of the Company are set forth in detail in the section entitled "Risk Factors" in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2006, which is available at www.usairways.com. The Company assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement to reflect actual results, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting such estimates other than as required by law.

-Fly with US-

Great news.

Negative posts starting in 5...4...3...2..1

A321 only has 16 first this is awful
They are going to the east side, Doug is screwing the west
They are going to the west side, Doug is screwing the east
Bigger planes less pay
Money for planes not raises
A321 is an awful plane

....yeah,yeah,yeah

Did I miss any,lol

You forgot the rest of the negative posts

Airbus sucks, Boeing rules
Boeing sucks, Airbus rules

The 737 fleet will be in the boneyard next week.
The 757 fleet will be in the boneyard next week.

Sidesticks are for wusses.
Control columns are for old folks.

Great news.

Bigger planes less pay
A321 is an awful plane
....yeah,yeah,yeah
Did I miss any,lol
Just one more....

No transcons with that configuration. Don't think they'll make it with a full load.

Great news.

Bigger planes less pay
A321 is an awful plane
....yeah,yeah,yeah
Did I miss any,lol
Who cares if they will be East or West. By the time they come online, the company will be one.

Be happy US isn't just all 1 class.

Bigger planes less pay.......
Money for planes not raises.....
Be damn happy that you have a company that wants to survive in the long run, renewing their committment to survive. They could have ordered more E-170/175's for the EXPRESS side.

Wages are down and now they can bring back big jets to lower seat mile costs. RJ's are becoming a thing of the past. Their product cycle is maturing. Basic business 101.

with the new orders beginning july 08, is it possible that they will do away with the oldest 757s, use the remaining ones for cross country and use the 321s for florida runs and may be caribbean?

I thought I had read somewhere a good while ago that they intended to put the 757 on more transcon as it was before and free up the airbus for other routes? Anyone else remember hearing this?

Who cares if they will be East or West. By the time they come online, the company will be one.

Be happy US isn't just all 1 class.

Bigger planes less pay.......
Money for planes not raises.....
Be damn happy that you have a company that wants to survive in the long run, renewing their committment to survive. They could have ordered more E-170/175's for the EXPRESS side.

You missed the sarcasm of this post, for that I forgive you :D

with the new orders beginning july 08, is it possible that they will do away with the oldest 757s, use the remaining ones for cross country and use the 321s for florida runs and may be caribbean?

No way will an A321 make it off the ground on some of those short runways in the islands. In my experience, a B757 seems to use every INCH of runway getting out of STT. A321 uses almost the whole runway in CLT (much longer) to get to PHX. I'm not a pilot, but looking out the window and saying "ok, now, rotate" on A321 flights to PHX from CLT's nice long runway, I don't see how an A321 could do the same in STT.

Wait, you forgot...."we have suffered for so long, why can't they take the $ for the A321's and give it to us because we have suffered for so long" :lol:

Good stuff, though I'd rather see a bunch of 733-800's in there.

Oh well....you forgot the replacement aircraft only. US is the top of the heap at doing this. You'll see some of the 320's go away with the 321's replace it....with no new routes announced. Basically the same cities, same frequencies, just change size of equipment around city to city...

No way will an A321 make it off the ground on some of those short runways in the islands. In my experience, a B757 seems to use every INCH of runway getting out of STT. A321 uses almost the whole runway in CLT (much longer) to get to PHX. I'm not a pilot, but looking out the window and saying "ok, now, rotate" on A321 flights to PHX from CLT's nice long runway, I don't see how an A321 could do the same in STT.
We always were short on 321 motors in PIT FAB as they seemed to run the dickens outa them...under powered was what we always heard.Always taking 320 or 19 motors and re-rating them for spares. ;)