US Airways opts for larger narrowbodies

US Airways opts for larger narrowbodies
21/01/08

By Lori Ranson

US Airways has reached a deal with Airbus to convert some of the narrowbodies it has on order with the manufacturer to larger members of the A320 family.

The amended deal allows US Airways to convert thirteen Airbus A319s to A320s, a single A319 to an A321 and eleven A320s to A321s. Deliveries are scheduled for 2009 and 2010.

Flight’s ACAS database shows US Airways has 19 A319s, 42 A320-200s and 25 A321-200s on order.

US Airways is also looking for long-haul aircraft for its Philadelphia-Beijing flight that’s scheduled to debut in 2009, and has noted its intent to fly A340s on the route “remains unchanged.â€￾

Source: flightglobal.com's premium news site Air Transport Intelligence news

Link

So they'll be gliders? What kind of engines are all those banks using?

If you're going to flamebait, come up with a new one.

Oh aw319 again. People ignore this freak. He is trying to flame bait. If i worked for America West I would feel insecure and childish too.

They are going to have the IAE engines that the acquiring company has been using.
Oh jesus, I mean really now. IAE engines yes because of the "Hot and High" performance. As for the rest of that sentence, if that really makes up for you not having any brains or anything down under then go right on ahead. The rest of us are perfectly secure in reality and knowing the facts.

We like to give everyone a chance.

Can you come up with something better?

The 'aquiring carrier' thing is not that great. There have been multiple threads on it, and is such a tired subject many simply skip over it. It's also a little too vague and abstract to be insulting, and worse, it's just not real funny.

If you want attention, you need a new gimmick. Be creative. Read through my posts for inspiration on how to really make fun of an airline. Sometimes picking a recurring theme is a winning formula. For example, the "trailer trash" motif has been a roaring success as it's easily expanded upon and consistently funny.

It's not hard to be humorous on the internet if you really try... if you are going to do something do it right. Don't half ass it.

I'm sure that desert education has provided you with all sorts of wit and humor. We are hoping you can do better... give it a try!

We like to give everyone a chance.

Can you come up with something better?

The 'aquiring carrier' thing is not that great. There have been multiple threads on it, and is such a tired subject many simply skip over it. It's also a little too vague and abstract to be insulting, and worse, it's just not real funny.

If you want attention, you need a new gimmick. Be creative. Read through my posts for inspiration on how to really make fun of an airline. Sometimes picking a recurring theme is a winning formula. For example, the "trailer trash" motif has been a roaring success as it's easily expanded upon and consistently funny.

It's not hard to be humorous on the internet if you really try... if you are going to do something do it right. Don't half ass it.

I'm sure that desert education has provided you with all sorts of wit and humor. We are hoping you can do better... give it a try!

EMBFA's 5 step internet comedy class

Step 1. Read all my posts for side splitting material, everyone thinks I'm the funniest/wittiest most intelligent person. (hint, be like me)

Step 2. Find a theme and just beat the crap out of it, the "we" crowd just love it.

Step 3. If you're not funny the first post keep posting "ad nauseam" to beat them into giggles.

Step 4. Get cute photos to back up your comedy and change avatar every 35 days to be "fresh"

And the step 5. Spend your life on this website and become a joke yourself, people will surely laugh.

Bingo!

See aw319? A little effort and you too can have people poring over thier laptops for hours trying to come up with responses half as good as yours (maybe a quarter in some cases). You'll be amazed at how seriously people take it!

Go on, try!

EMBFA's 5 step internet comedy class

Step 1. Read all my posts for side splitting material, everyone thinks I'm the funniest/wittiest most intelligent person. (hint, be like me)

Step 2. Find a theme and just beat the crap out of it, the "we" crowd just love it.

Step 3. If you're not funny the first post keep posting "ad nauseam" to beat them into giggles.

Step 4. Get cute photos to back up your comedy and change avatar every 35 days to be "fresh"

And the step 5. Spend your life on this website and become a joke yourself, people will surely laugh.
:lol: ..... look out, he'll get ya now, Elevation! Scared?

You may or may not have "Aquired" it. That is a topic for debate. What is NOT a topic for debate is the fact that the alledged "aquiring" airline has FAILED by every measurable standard to actually operate the combined entity, aquired or otherwise.

I distinctly recall the day what the "Aquiring" company was nearly grounded by the FAA. Neverminding that splendid record of one of the highest fines in aviation history.

I would submit that there is plently of dirty laundry in both baskets, so what really is your point?
TOUCHE'! That "Acquiring Argument" gets REAL OLD, is NOT The Fact and is one of the primary reasons that many Eastie's Bash Tempe for EVERYTHING. One VERY FACTUAL Tidbit is the CURRENT Management resides in the WEST and all the poor management decisions, operational snafus and p*ss poor customer intiatives originate in the WEST. And as far as EMBFA is concerned..........she knows a HELLUVA lot more about THIS INDUSTRY than some of you even know your OWN JOB. (But I know.........The Truth hurts!)

Returning to the thread topic....

USAir has re-worked and re-announced the same Airbus order for a decade now.

When was the last time you took delivery of factory-fresh planes? During the Wolf era?

US will never use these planes but perhaps the delivery options can be sold at a profit.

That fat lady is on the horizon...

Latest posts

Back