New AA Logo and Livery

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
Is the new AA logo and livery growing on anyone? I actually thought it was pretty cool when I saw it but, it seems most did not receive it well. If you do not like it can you comment as to why?
cn_image.size.american-airlines-logo.png

As someone with no vested feelings for it I can say it is kinda bleh, Ditch the two bottom red stripes and I could live with the tail, but the real problem is the "greyhound bus" eagle. That is just horrible as a logo.

It doesnt matter what employees think of it, they are not buying tickets. It only matter how the public reacts to it. Since they are moving very fast it seems it is here to stay.

CR7
N505AE 505
N506AE 506
N507AE 507
N508AE 508
N511AE 511
N535EA 535
N536EA 6EA
N537EA 537 Currently at AMA

ERJ
N668HH 668
N925AE 925
N928AE 928
N939AE 939
N942LL 942

N980AN 3DN
N981AN 3DP
N982AN 3DR
N983AN 3DS
N987AN 3DT
N989AN 3DU
N801NN 3EA Currently at GUS
N803NN 3EC
N804NN/3ED
N908NN 3JT
N922NN 3KH
N923NN 3KJ
N924NN/3KK

N366AA 366
N368AA 368
N374AA 374
N7375A 375
N376AN 376 currently at VCV
N382AN 382 currently at GUS
N383AN 383
N369AA 369

N774AN/7AE currently at VCV
N775AN 7AE
N776AN 7AG
N781AN 7AM currently at GUS
N782AN 7AN
N786AN/7AT

77W
N717AN 7LA
N718AN 7LB
N719AN 7LC
N720AN 7LD
N721AN 7LE
N722AN 7LF

The tail design is suppose to represent the American flag of this country. It is actually the best interpretation of the Bastardization of the American Flag. How pathetic that the top executives of AA decided on this scheme and then had the audacity to publicly say that they surveyed the employees of American on the design. Never happened. Again American lied. I hope Parker decides on restoring the great American Eagle logo on the tail. A newly designed eagle with the AA logo should be the only thing up on the tail with the American flag decal at the very top of the tail.

Reactions: 4 people
This current livery is absolute crap. It looks very amateurish. Where did the eagle go? And the white smudge mark on the red and white thingy is NOT an eagle. It seems to be poorly done and not very well thought out. They put in all this effort to explain it to all, even employees. Problem is that you shouldn't need to explain it to the employees. We live it everyday and should understand it. That just means that the livery and logo are just ####. At least Parker says it is just paint, meaning it can be changed easily. I do wish he could get them to stop painting the existing fleet in this crazy ass design and just paint new aircraft coming from Boeing and Airbus. Parker also mentioned that USair employees would want a livery and logo representative of their history as well. I read his comments to mean that the logo and livery are NOT set in stone and that they will change, however slight that may be. In my opinion, almost any change from the current redesign will be positive and a step in the righting of this ridiculous wrong. Horton is leaving soon, let him take his stupid design with him.

Reactions: 2 people
It doesnt matter what employees think of it, they are not buying tickets. It only matter how the public reacts to it.

Actually DP said just the opposite, he said studies show consumer don't even notice Liverys and could care less, but they matter to employees!

Reactions: 2 people
Has anybody else notice that the commercial and the above picture show the new livery as a metallic silver paint job, and the actual plane as battleship grey. I think the marketing firm lacks imagination as the new livery looks like an American version of BA. And the new eagle or as known amongst the employees as the slash mark, or the pidgin beak is not a good representation of the AA Eagle. I think it's more important to upgrade the interior to leather seats and in seat entertainment, sinse that is what the PAX cares about the most. Other then that, the new scheme is OK. If I was a fan of abstract art I would probably really like it.

I do think there should be a couple of livery designs that is acceptable to the new executives, and then have the employees of the New American (meaning AA and USair employees) vote on which livery would be the New American Livery going forward, rather then having the outgoing CEO decide what the New American would be after he is gone, with no input from the USair execs and employees, not to mention the old AA employees.

Reactions: 1 person
It actually represents the management of this Airline quite well. Like something not well thought out and without direction or vision. Not a suprise when you really think about it that way.

Reactions: 6 people
It's a good thing that the much-hated temporary CEO designed and approved a logo and livery that nearly everyone despises. Imagine how conflicted you'd all be if Horton had approved a terrific new look. Like if he'd improved upon the current red, white and blue stripes on polished aluminum. But instead, save for a few airliners.net fanbois (who tend to think airlines should change liveries every spring and fall like fashion), the Horton livery and logo are almost universally panned.

RUMOR ALERT! RUMOR ALERT! Rumor from friends at US Airways...Parker hates the new logo. Wonder if that is why conversion to the new logo seems to have stopped or at least slowed? I haven't seen any additional planes with the logo in some time.

There are newly painted planes every week. I hear that rumor from FAs all the time but its just wrong.

Thank you for the comments. As a side note my enter button does not work on Internet Explorer but it works fine in Firefox. Any suggestions?

Parker has already estimated the integration costs (including integrating technology, standardizing aircraft and merging management and services) at a whopping $1.2 billion. Repainting a few dozen hideously-painted AA planes isn't even a drop in that bucket.

Parker has already estimated the integration costs (including integrating technology, standardizing aircraft and merging management and services) at a whopping $1.2 billion. Repainting a few dozen hideously-painted AA planes isn't even a drop in that bucket.
A waste of any money at this point is just stupid. They could easily STOP painting the current fleet and just paint the new deliveries. There is no reason to waste even more money on this English abomination! Parker should be able to get that done with one phone call.

Latest posts