New boarding policy

AANOTOK said:
Well, there you have it folks, Boss Parker is going against the majority!
Good thing he didn't listen to the people as I prefer FCFS... B)
Yea..A real scientific poll....People seem to forget the fact that America West had FCFS..Parker has said it over and over that he believes FCFS is the fairer way.
All we hear is that LUS had and want DOH..I guess it doesn't matter what LAA had and want...let alone the America West people for that matter.

Reactions: 3 people
Boarding can be by FCFS, alphabetical order, or by height. I don't care, I will deal with the program. But no way will I ever believe that FCFS is a fairer way.

Reactions: 7 people
skinvalve said:
Boarding can be by FCFS, alphabetical order, or by height. I don't care, I will deal with the program. But no way will I ever believe that FCFS is a fairer way.
You don't have to believe it, but you WILL believe it because it is happening.

Reactions: 2 people
For everyine complaining about FCFS, the loss of boarding prioroity for Family & GP traverling with the employee is a much bigger issue and downgrade for Legacy US folks, not FCFS.

Reactions: 1 person
Why should your guest pass traveler/s shove me down the list when I work here? Whoever thought that up wasn't thinking clearly. If your parents are traveling with you they also travel at the same pass level, so which "family" is "downgraded"? IMO, only parents and minor children should travel at the employee level. Friends, neighbors, adult children and some hook up from the bar should be at the bottom. Even after retirees. At least the TW retirees were upgraded from the dregs of the bottom of the list. Good for them!

I think only minor children should get same level then everybody behind active employee then retirees then parents and so on.

The worst thing would be to have the DOH way. I know of a part time fireman who works minimal hours at AA, I would hate to be stuck traveling behind his adualt daughter, and I work about 180 hrs a month.

So what is non-reving? It certainly isn't the old take your family to Disneyland trip like it was intended to be.  Nope, now it's the I have to get to work, or board my neighborhood, per the maze of boarding priorities that make your head spin. Just like everything else, why does something that was so nice and simple have to turn into a crap fest? Like I said, I will deal with it, just like the rest of life, but posting amuses me.

Reactions: 3 people
skinvalve said:
Just like everything else, why does something that was so nice and simple have to turn into a crap fest?
Let's see... Load factors went up by about 10 points, making it no longer a guaranteed thing to get on a flight, and the entire industry went thru ten years of mergers, maintenance base and call center closings, hub drawdowns.

While this all happened, there was a financial meltdown and the real estate market collapsed pretty much nationwide, eliminating the ability for relocating employees to sell their houses and move to where their jobs were.

On a national scale, it wouldn't surprise me to find out there are more people commuting in the airline industry now than ever, at a time when there are fewer airline employees than there were 10 years ago.

Did I miss anything?

Reactions: 6 people
jimntx said:
Yeah, E, you did.  You forgot to add because the head honcho said so.   :lol:
Good point, but that would, again, be introducing some logic into a discussion where emotions are more important than the facts of the situation.

As I see it, Parker made the better of two bad choices, to paraphrase from local DFW fitness guru Larry North...

Time to move on.