new travel policy

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
Q. I am a 767 International Captain based in Philadelphia. Those of us who fly the international flights occasionally like to bring our wives, husbands, or domestic partners along to be with us on our layovers. Unfortunately, our present pass policy does not consider our family members as traveling with the employee when the employee is working the flight. Therefore, when we are working the flight our family members fall down to the S4 boarding priority. It would be rather difficult to leave our loved ones behind in a foreign country while a more junior employee is boarded. Will US Airways consider fixing this problem?

A. Consider it done! The policy has just been approved to allow the eligible family members of crewmembers to travel SA3P when on the same flight as that crewmember working the flight and is effective immediately. Airport Customer Service will verify that the crewmember is working the flight and that the accompanying traveler is traveling under the crewmembers benefits. A jumpseat-eligible employee who is non-revving with their family may elect to take the jumpseat in order to accommodate the whole party when there aren’t enough seats for everyone. When this happens the family does not lose their boarding priority status. Remember, when an employee travels on a SA1P pass, their guest pass traveler travels at a SA3P priority.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Kirby gets space positive already. Whats the point? Oh Etops. Laugh a little. Everyone should make a little fun of themselves now and again. Your a good guy but it was too easy.

hey anyone could come with me on my trips. you guys know i like to have a good time. :rolleyes:

Tempe shouldn't have messed with it in the first place, just to appease the whinny westies. It's a sin what they did to the retirees too. Thanks or the 35 years of service, now you can board after the new hire with 3 months.

Tempe shouldn't have messed with it in the first place, just to appease the whinny westies. It's a sin what they did to the retirees too. Thanks or the 35 years of service, now you can board after the new hire with 3 months.

That's funny, I thought they choose the boarding priority to appease the whinny Easties. "Aw, I gotta commute and my useless seniority DOH means nothing". Ride the jumpseat, crybaby. That's what it's for. If you really gotta get there, get your lazy ass out of bed and check-in like the other airline non-revs do. If you really, really gotta get there, buy a ticket like the rest of us you cheapskate.

What's also funny about that is ever since I was hired in '98 the America West policy was for any crewmember working the flight could bring their immediate family along as a SA2P. Dunno if it was US Airways policy premerger or not, but the merger messed that up for West.

What's also funny about that is ever since I was hired in '98 the America West policy was for any crewmember working the flight could bring their immediate family along as a SA2P. Dunno if it was US Airways policy premerger or not, but the merger messed that up for West.

It should be DOH, no SA1, SA2P, families should travel on employees seniority, and the retirees should travel SA3, they've earned it.

Do we ever! WOOF!
hey man. you only live once. you sleep when you die. :up: i try to have as much fun as i can and make as much friends as i can. i swear i was thinking we should throw a usaviation party. heck we will even invite 700UW. but that's a whole nuther thread. goodnight guys.
fly safe.

the policy never changed....at least it has been in the DRS since the merger and before with lil old HP that if you are a working crewmember on that particular flight then your family travels at your rating....or guests...I helped someone out on this months back she was a FA taking everyone to CDG....printed it out for her and told her to spread the word. I find it hilarious that the compnay wants all to think they changed the policy just like that...its the same as it was before.
A word to the wise...if you use your SA!P and take a guest they do not travel as SA!P....had a newhire try to tell me that and I told them they were wrong...watch those lists as many think this is fact....wouldn't want to see a guest get on before an employee...and I have seen it happen...I know many think a retiree deserves to keep their status...I too agree they earned it but what about those of us here and now earning it? What about the commuters being displaced that need that extra boost when all the flights are full? Times are different now...now every single plane is full...you can plan something and the day of the loads top out and go over the edge...its not a perk to fly for free anymore when you can never get on....

A party would be fun, but we might need security.

I hope someone gives chip a buddy pass, lol!

Do it in Charlotte.