new travel policy

Does anyone remember the Goldenpass that was given to us if we had 25 years with the company and age 45? I guess it isn't around anymore. Haven't seen any details on it in years. Anyone know where it went or if it is still in existance? Looked on the Hub and there is no info. Please advise.

Does anyone remember the Goldenpass that was given to us if we had 25 years with the company and age 45? I guess it isn't around anymore. Haven't seen any details on it in years. Anyone know where it went or if it is still in existance? Looked on the Hub and there is no info. Please advise.

That went the way of most things for expence savings. Remember when you got to go to PIT for a big night out on your 25th anniversary? Everytime I approached a milestone in seniority, they did away with the perk that went along with it right up to retirement when they took away my SA3 status. :(

The gold pass was discontinued when we stopped paying for our term pass. In the days of yore, you paid a fee for your term pass up to your 25th anniversary at which time you got the gold pass and never paid again.

Ahhhhh.....those were the days.

That went the way of most things for expence savings. Remember when you got to go to PIT for a big night out on your 25th anniversary? Everytime I approached a milestone in seniority, they did away with the perk that went along with it right up to retirement when they took away my SA3 status. :(

Man, I feel your pain. Every time I was due to get an extra week of vacation, they revised something and took it away and I had to work another 5 yrs before I got that week. The 2nd bankruptcy took to much away in the form of vacation/holidays not to mention less pay, I had to bail. Of course this was just before the buyout/merger of HP/U when they changed the boarding priority and your age + yrs of service for"retirement". I always seemed to be in that group of hirees that was a day late and a dollar short. Unfortunately, after a while I was no longer surprised and almost expected to wind up holding the s*** end of the stick. :shock:
I check in here occasionally just to see if things have improved. I can only imagine how those who began their career with a real airline must feel. It was bad enough with the PI/U merger, but compared to the garbage you now have to deal with, it was a cake walk....
Best of luck to all the old timers that remember what it was like to work for a real airline.

the policy never changed....at least it has been in the DRS since the merger and before with lil old HP that if you are a working crewmember on that particular flight then your family travels at your rating....or guests...I helped someone out on this months back she was a FA taking everyone to CDG....printed it out for her and told her to spread the word. I find it hilarious that the compnay wants all to think they changed the policy just like that...its the same as it was before.
A word to the wise...if you use your SA!P and take a guest they do not travel as SA!P....had a newhire try to tell me that and I told them they were wrong...watch those lists as many think this is fact....wouldn't want to see a guest get on before an employee...and I have seen it happen...I know many think a retiree deserves to keep their status...I too agree they earned it but what about those of us here and now earning it? What about the commuters being displaced that need that extra boost when all the flights are full? Times are different now...now every single plane is full...you can plan something and the day of the loads top out and go over the edge...its not a perk to fly for free anymore when you can never get on....
I just looked this up on compass, check out what it says about using SA1P and who boards with you.

SA1P Vacation pass electronically credited in travel profile. Allows employee and all accompanying family members one round trip per pass. 3 per year per active employee and 2 per year per retired employee. Pre-approved business travel for Union officials. Boarding by year of hire, then check-in time

I not only remember the Gold Pass, my mom still has hers with a 52 hire date. My father was hired by Lake Central in that year. Of the 27 years he flew, only the first 6 months of his career was he a FO. Year of hire should be DOH. The IAM has grieved it but I do not know the status of the grievance.

bird

Q. I am a 767 International Captain based in Philadelphia. Those of us who fly the international flights occasionally like to bring our wives, husbands, or domestic partners along to be with us on our layovers. Unfortunately, our present pass policy does not consider our family members as traveling with the employee when the employee is working the flight. Therefore, when we are working the flight our family members fall down to the S4 boarding priority. It would be rather difficult to leave our loved ones behind in a foreign country while a more junior employee is boarded. Will US Airways consider fixing this problem?

A. Consider it done! The policy has just been approved to allow the eligible family members of crewmembers to travel SA3P when on the same flight as that crewmember working the flight and is effective immediately. Airport Customer Service will verify that the crewmember is working the flight and that the accompanying traveler is traveling under the crewmembers benefits. A jumpseat-eligible employee who is non-revving with their family may elect to take the jumpseat in order to accommodate the whole party when there aren’t enough seats for everyone. When this happens the family does not lose their boarding priority status. Remember, when an employee travels on a SA1P pass, their guest pass traveler travels at a SA3P priority.
So If you have 20 plus years you are a SA3A you can be bumped by a SA3P who has 6 months? Looks like non reving home just got harder for station based agents.

Yes those were the days. I remember when I was hired they told you all about the perks, the gold pass at 25 years, lunch and a pin on your anniversary and a small amount of $$ from Colodney every Christmas. You knew even when money got scarce you would get something, even if it was a box of stale cookies or 2 month old cheese. I miss those days. All the promises, all the Putting People First or Usairways begins with you.

You see, unless you have a contract (which the company abhors) you cannot rely on the verbal promises that this Company promised from inception.

Does anyone have any memorabilia from the gold pass or remember how the company presented this to all of us? It would be nice to go down memory lane once again.

PR

you have to watch everthing now. 3 times i had a buddypass and people with less seniority than myself get on i finally wrote a letter to pass travel and inflight. the agents are having a hard time with the new system
and once they give out a seat they seem not to be able to correct it. the second time it happened i had to tell the agent i would jumpseat so i coud tell the A what we t on. I had my son and boyfriend with me. The A told the Captain and he was livid. told the supervisor to get the buddy people off the flight. the supersvisor said we are taking a delay the Captain stated in no uncertain terms to get those people off or he was not moving the plane! All I can say is he took a stand because he said it happened to him and his family and he was tired of this crap.

you have to watch everthing now. 3 times i had a buddypass and people with less seniority than myself get on i finally wrote a letter to pass travel and inflight. the agents are having a hard time with the new system
and once they give out a seat they seem not to be able to correct it. the second time it happened i had to tell the agent i would jumpseat so i coud tell the A what we t on. I had my son and boyfriend with me. The A told the Captain and he was livid. told the supervisor to get the buddy people off the flight. the supersvisor said we are taking a delay the Captain stated in no uncertain terms to get those people off or he was not moving the plane! All I can say is he took a stand because he said it happened to him and his family and he was tired of this crap.