New Card Drive Started @ AA--Mechanic and Related

On another note I just found out that the people running in TUL for office describing themselves as AMFA in front of their names got slaughtered by a 2 to 1 margin. Congratulations to still President Dale Danker.

Doesn’t bode well for that supposed Card Drive I must say.

New language in the AMFA/WN CBA letting them outsource 8 lines to foreign vendors. Don’t see IBT or IAM mentioned in the language
668711DB-2ED8-4C0B-9BC3-1FDFE482DAC5.jpeg
3ED21C57-6467-42E3-9170-52E9F6622030.jpeg
7EC59FB8-A1AE-4AB8-97AB-323DCAC7A647.jpeg
8272A33D-FB0A-4AD1-9863-D067BCF69956.jpeg

Completely untrue about added new work, get a clue.
I did not LET SWA to do foreign outsourcing period. Since you are newbie and uneducated I will be brief:
The teamsters contract language allowed the foreign outsourcing when SWA elected to go to Canada twice. Then they wanted to go to Aeroman, so with the blessing of the teamsters language they set off to try and go to Areoman.
AMFA stepped in and got the co. to the table and set rules, regs and caps on that outsourcing so the co could not go nuts with it. This was tied directly to the teamsters contract language that AMFA inherited when teamsters were fired and AMFA took over. SWA could have farmed out 12 lines, 14 lines or even all lines to Areoman with the toothless teamsters language. And that is all fact and even in writing to be proven. Man that crap was 20 years ago man, time for you to catch up.
And, AMFA was able to bring back in house the maint that was sent to Canada under teamsters language. That's added new work, helooo!!
AMFA also added 3 lines of heavy maint in Dallas all new work sir. Added 4 lines of "C" Checks in 4 cities, 2 in Dallas. Added all kinds of back shops work, it's all new work added. Even added 18 overnight maint lines all over the places (guess what junior) newly added work in house.
I never said SWA only outsources 4 lines there chief. I said we now do 4 lines of heavy maint in Dallas when we were only one line under teamsters. ADDED NEW WORK. The last 4th line of heavy also triggered a massive hiring of mechanics added as well (100's).
So go back in your corner until you get better educated on what you are talking about...

Case in point. The continuing “blame game” How many more years are you going to keep blaming the IBT for AMFA’s failures?

Next year will be 20 years. Will you still be making excuses 20 years from now?

New language in the AMFA/WN CBA letting them outsource 8 lines to foreign vendors. Don’t see IBT or IAM mentioned in the language View attachment 16894View attachment 16895View attachment 16896View attachment 16897
And AA doesn't outsource? All you are doing is throwing stones back and forth. No substance in your point since we all outsource.
Reminds me of a TV game show.
I can outsource in 4 lines.
I can outsource in 5 lines.
I can outsource in 6 lines.
Go ahead and outsource those lines.

This is great entertainment.

Reactions: topDawg
Overhaul and line are two different beasts. Line planes dive get torn down to the spars and stay in the hangar for 21 days or longer for scheduled maintenance, now do they?
All you described was a maintenance operation. Do I need an overhaul license to work overhaul? How about a line maintenance license to work line maintenance? Different manuals? Different FAR's?
Different regulations? Different responsibilities? Different accountability?
I seriously doubt you are in Aircraft maintenance. I'll leave it at that. Not worth my time.

Reactions: topDawg and SWAMECH
The scope article in your CBA didn’t change.
Hey where is the HI ETOPS? Where is the lawsuit AMFA said they’d file to stop those HI flights.

You negotiated for seven years and got no new scope language.

You have a lot to learn about our last nego's. Co. (1st co group at table) tried to dismantle all scope language. Once the top leaders saw they were getting nowhere with scope the entire co side replaced all negotiators on their side except for one person so he could keep all new nego's in the loop of what all has taken place. New group was dead set on trying to dismantle scope language and again got nowhere with the unity of the membership not budging. KK finally came in and got it done in the end after he took full control of everything and even making a deal over and above the $$ he was approved to allow by 2 million. Now, after new contract AMFA and SWA is still bringing in new maint work in house as well as new hangars and expanding maint in 6-7 cities currently. Now besides the very recent announcement of the newly 1.5 million being invested in Tulsa what has your union and co brought into the maint world after your new contract???

17 years. Stop blaming the IBT and the IAM foe AMFA’s failures.
Hey dummy, you are the one that brought up the 20 year old question, not me. YOU said AMFA was responsible (as well as I) for allowing the outsourcing to Aeroman (again something that happened 20 yrs ago) when if fact it was tied directly to the teamsters language that AMFA inherited when they took over. When you ask a question about 20 years ago you get an answer from 20 years ago.
So now lets talk about all the added work, positions, headcount, hangars, maint lines etc added since AMFA has taken over. It's literally been nothing but growth and expansions. We now have nearly (staying correct here) 4X's the amount of Mechanics we had while the teamsters were here. The teamsters were NEVER able to add headcount language in the contract where AMFA has a many times including the big one triggering the massive hiring after the AT purchase. Co fought tooth and nail and even begged our union to let them out of that clause and AMFA's membership said no way in hell...
Now, what has your union done as far as growth and expansions since your new contract???

Reactions: 1AA
New language in the AMFA/WN CBA letting them outsource 8 lines to foreign vendors. Don’t see IBT or IAM mentioned in the language View attachment 16894View attachment 16895View attachment 16896View attachment 16897
The letter YOU provided was never agreed to nor signed by anyone of the parties. Yes it was passed across the table but never came to any kind of agreement. Stick with the facts and provide factual information sir. You are simply only showing wjat was passed at the table not the actual agreement. Nice try there skippy.

Reactions: 1AA
And AA doesn't outsource? All you are doing is throwing stones back and forth. No substance in your point since we all outsource.
Reminds me of a TV game show.
I can outsource in 4 lines.
I can outsource in 5 lines.
I can outsource in 6 lines.
Go ahead and outsource those lines.

This is great entertainment.
So true and he can't even provide the total number because he is not in the know.
Not sure what where this new guy came from, but it appears I was right that the AMFA drive is getting stronger and stronger at their carrier again. This crap always picks up when it does. It's always the same ole arguments too, and always from 20 years plus ago too.

Hey dummy, you are the one that brought up the 20 year old question, not me. YOU said AMFA was responsible (as well as I) for allowing the outsourcing to Aeroman (again something that happened 20 yrs ago) when if fact it was tied directly to the teamsters language that AMFA inherited when they took over. When you ask a question about 20 years ago you get an answer from 20 years ago.
So now lets talk about all the added work, positions, headcount, hangars, maint lines etc added since AMFA has taken over. It's literally been nothing but growth and expansions. We now have nearly (staying correct here) 4X's the amount of Mechanics we had while the teamsters were here. The teamsters were NEVER able to add headcount language in the contract where AMFA has a many times including the big one triggering the massive hiring after the AT purchase. Co fought tooth and nail and even begged our union to let them out of that clause and AMFA's membership said no way in hell...
Now, what has your union done as far as growth and expansions since your new contract???

I’ve posted that information throughout this thread but you keep wanting to “PRETEND” you’re ignoring it. Of course it doesn’t fit your narrative but AA has been bringing in AMT’s by the hundreds all over the system. All you had to do was look at AA Careers to see that. Or read AA Newsroom and they constantly mention expanded maintenance work.

Latest update July 15.

American continues to add resources and team members to better support our operation. That support starts at DFW where 40% of our aircraft pass through each day and 17% remain overnight. That’s why we’re putting more team members in place, streamlining processes and speeding up delivery of critical equipment and aircraft parts — making DFW more efficient and strengthening the operation across the network.

Streamlining maintenance processes at DFW​

Recognizing the crucial role the hub plays in our system, Tech Ops opened the DFW Maintenance Control Center (DMCC) earlier this year. The 24/7 center is staffed with experts from across the department who can make decisions quickly, ensuring we have the right people and resources in place to minimize maintenance delays.

Putting people in place​

AMT Keith Hayes writes information in the logbook of a Boeing 737 at DFW.
Ahead of summer, Tech Ops onboarded more than 200 new aviation maintenance technicians (AMTs) in DFW. With the larger team in place, we now have the ability to assign a dedicated AMT to nearly every mainline flight at the hub. Positioning maintenance at every gate helps save time, reduce delays and deliver what our customers want most — a reliable operation.
Traditionally at DFW and other hubs, Tech Ops dispatches team members after maintenance is requested. But now, AMTs meet mainline flights arriving at the gate and can take immediate action to minimize potential delays. They’ll be on-site to speak with pilots and ensure the aircraft is ready for gate agents and flight attendants to begin boarding the next flight. The dedicated AMT will also be at the gate at least 15 minutes before the aircraft departs, ready to address issues that might delay the flight.
“At DFW, every second counts,” Senior Line Maintenance Manager Liz Wroten said. “By reducing maintenance time at our largest hub, we can improve operational reliability and the customer experience across the system.”

Reducing wait times for parts​

When we think about reducing the time an aircraft is on the ground, having access to parts when our AMTs need them is crucial. To make this process as seamless as possible for our largest hub and the central region, American is building a 365,000-square-foot Central Fulfillment Center (CFC).
The size of six football fields and located next to our Cargo facility at DFW, the building will be filled with a maze of racks stocked with aircraft parts. Robotics and autonomous forklifts will retrieve parts for prioritized aircraft on the ground, nightly aircraft maintenance and rapid replenishment services.
“Today’s system is very transactional and was built more than 50 years ago,” Director of Stores Ryan Duft said. “But we’re upgrading to a warehouse management system that will act as the brain of the facility, bringing a lot of automation and new technology to a key Tech Ops function.”

The Central Fulfillment Center will open next year.

The CFC is strategically located near our Cargo facility at DFW.
Serving as the primary and centralized location for housing and distributing our aircraft materials and parts, the CFC will be an addition to our current fulfillment centers at CLT, PHX and TUL.

The new fulfillment center will cut supply chain and inventory costs as well as the time it takes to deliver parts to aircraft at DFW — from 20 to 30 minutes down to around five minutes.

“When you look at the data, about half of the work we do in DFW is to support the DFW operation and the other half is distribution across the network,” said Paul Hill, Senior Manager of Stores and Project Manager for the CFC.

With the CFC’s proximity to our Cargo facility and updated automation systems, we can quickly and easily move parts to our other fulfillment centers and hubs. All these efforts are designed to improve on-time departure and turn performance, but Wroten believes the most important metric is how we measure up to our customers.

“Every minute an aircraft is delayed on the ground reduces the likelihood a customer will come back,” said Wroten. “We want to keep customers flying with us, and the way we do that is through a reliable operation.”

The letter YOU provided was never agreed to nor signed by anyone of the parties. Yes it was passed across the table but never came to any kind of agreement. Stick with the facts and provide factual information sir. You are simply only showing wjat was passed at the table not the actual agreement. Nice try there skippy.

Wrong skippy (liar) it’s in your contract and signed off on right here. Earl Clark

277A316B-C578-49FE-B7BB-D8395122A044.png

Reactions: JimmyBop
Oh Delta Delta Delta. My Love, My Darling. My life beyond life. How I love thee let me count the ways. Smooch Smooch, gulp.
Oh TWU TWU TWU. My Love, My darling. My life beyond life. How I love three let me count the ways. Smooch Smooch, gulp.

but I get it. You guys aren't mechanics, you are the "other" and are worried about unions and companies that actually look out for its mechanics.

Reactions: SWAMECH and 1AA
So true and he can't even provide the total number because he is not in the know.
Not sure what where this new guy came from, but it appears I was right that the AMFA drive is getting stronger and stronger at their carrier again. This crap always picks up when it does. It's always the same ole arguments too, and always from 20 years plus ago too.

How about this for a total number. I blotted out the names and employee numbers for privacy. This is ONLY the Aviation Maintenance Group tab and not Crew Chiefs or other “Related” groups which number many many thousand more.

Let’s see your list Skippy?

9656 updated July 1

22D3EC64-5FFD-41E6-A646-884A6C6A29EA.jpegA8BC6108-6E9F-4F71-AB14-F0377F6C8812.jpeg

Oh TWU TWU TWU. My Love, My darling. My life beyond life. How I love three let me count the ways. Smooch Smooch, gulp.

but I get it. You guys aren't mechanics, you are the "other" and are worried about unions and companies that actually look out for its mechanics.

Thank you for your participation in an Airline you don’t work for World Traveller.