Is there a card drive @ US?

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Just wondering if you guys at US have started a card drive for new union representation? Or are you guys just letting the AA mechanics fire the TWU and bring in AMFA? Then you guys would end up AMFA once the merger is complete. I have heard of rumors that you guys might be looking at the teamsters, hope this isn't true...

swamt if theyre doing that for maintaince.... do you or have you heard anything about fleet service if there any card drive i have not heard of any yet but anything is possible i guess

Nothing for fleet. I imagine that we will know a lot more by the end of this week. I did get a chance to read the MOU that US signed for the TWU Fleet people yesterday, and its looking more and more like they will represent all of Fleet Svc if this merger goes thru.

There is a rumor that The TWU and IAM have an agreement that maint. will go to the IAM and the Fleet guys will go to the TWU. But we in A/C maintenance are Hoping to bring AMFA to the USAir guys.
OUT with the industrial unions from maitenanace class and craft.

So if your a fleet guy Bend over because the TWU is coming, Maybe you can convince our fleet clerks to go IAM so that the TWU's Deal won't happen and them the TWU will be GONE from AA.

There is a rumor that The TWU and IAM have an agreement that maint. will go to the IAM and the Fleet guys will go to the TWU. But we in A/C maintenance are Hoping to bring AMFA to the USAir guys.
OUT with the industrial unions from maitenanace class and craft.

So if your a fleet guy Bend over because the TWU is coming, Maybe you can convince our fleet clerks to go IAM so that the TWU's Deal won't happen and them the TWU will be GONE from AA.

So far only a rumor, as it most likely does not work that way. From past merger experience, most likely we will ALL be voting on a new Transition Agreement for the combined group, and a vote on who will represent us. If you think it's nasty now, just wait. The fun is just beginning. My sleepy coworkers are most likely unaware of this fact. As for a card drive, there was a halfhearted attempt some weeks ago here in PIT, but really nothing. Don't worry though, There will be plenty of time for all that if and when we combine. In the mean time, you people need to continue on with what you are doing now. Our turn is coming if we merge.

wouldnt have to have an election to see who would be the fsa new union... id imagine that they just cannot make a deal to swap one union for anthr to represent the fsa and maintaince

I've heard that there are some people pushing Teamster cards, not sure how that is goin. I believe the IAM does more inhouse maintenance at US Airways than the other unions/carriers, except for maybe the TWU at American. But it sounds like the mechanics at American are fed up with the TWU.

Yes we are fed up with the twu. We have the teamsters pushing a diversionary drive to distract the real drive of AMFA. Teamsters continuously lies and makes false claims, promises and deceiving comments. They will not and cannot put it in writing because they know its pure bull. We are driving full speed with AMFA here at American. We are closing in on a filing soon. DO NOT BELIEVE THE TEAMSTERS CLAIMS. AMFA IS THE REAL DEAL.