New Card Drive Started @ AA--Mechanic and Related

And here is the official press release of the CIRB certifying AMFA as representative of the AME's, aircraft technicians and apprentices of the OSS, by an overwhelming majority vote.
More positive and great things happening within our airline mechanics industry and proof that more and more want the Class and Craft representation of AMFA.
Again, in hopes my fellow mechanics at AA can achieve the same and get AMFA in to represent them too...

Nothing to do with AA

I swear more and more every day that the guy doesn’t have many marbles floating around the top of his lighthouse.

New TWU Air Division Director, Andre Sutton​

October 4, 2022​

Andre Sutton FLEET SERVICE Crew chief.

Air Division Director
Effective October 10, 2022, Gary Peterson will be moving into the role of Chief of Staff (JOHN SAMUELSEN'S *****) to the International President. Andre Sutton will assume the position of Air Division Director; for some time Gary will continue to assist the Air Division thru the transitional period.

New TWU Air Division Director, Andre Sutton​

October 4, 2022​

Andre Sutton FLEET SERVICE Crew chief.

Air Division Director
Effective October 10, 2022, Gary Peterson will be moving into the role of Chief of Staff (JOHN SAMUELSEN'S *****) to the International President. Andre Sutton will assume the position of Air Division Director; for some time Gary will continue to assist the Air Division thru the transitional period.

Congratulations to Andre Sutton. And Gary has been a very effective International Representative and his role in the TWU will actually be expanding even more from what he’s doing now from what I’ve heard.

Stopped by to see if anything new here. Same usual suspects talking in circles and too each other. I'll check back in a few months.

Don’t bother. Your contributions were never worth much anyway.

Stopped by to see if anything new here. Same usual suspects talking in circles and too each other. I'll check back in a few months.
Here is something new that the twu/iam/asso. will not post. AMFA recently did their annual pay scale wage review and was successful in moving into 2nd place in passenger airline mechanics rankings. Also in 3rd place for the time frame to top out (all in rate). AMFA is proud to have 2 of their represented mechanics at the top in the industry. Also at the top in the regional airline mechanics all in rate, as well as, top out scale time frame in regional airlines.
Once again AMFA prevails at the top of the industry in pay and also the shortest time frame to all in rate. How in the world can the twu/iam sell their contract as industry leading when comparing the pay scales and time to top out all in rate? They can not.
Top2 Airline Mechanics are AMFA represented.
Top Regional Airline Mechanics are AMFA represented
ALL 3 are also at the top for time to top out all in rate (shortest amount of years)

Here are the Airline comparo's below:

• Haha
Reactions: WeAAsles
That's the pot calling the kettle black.
May I ask what AA Mechanics final all in rate is at AA at end of current contract??
Ours becomes amendable Aug 2024 at an all in rate above 60 + depending upon shifts add 6% for leads and inspectors and add another 6% for inspection leads. If you are able can someone post a link as I believe your union requires log in to see contract.

Here is something new that the twu/iam/asso. will not post. AMFA recently did their annual pay scale wage review and was successful in moving into 2nd place in passenger airline mechanics rankings. Also in 3rd place for the time frame to top out (all in rate). AMFA is proud to have 2 of their represented mechanics at the top in the industry. Also at the top in the regional airline mechanics all in rate, as well as, top out scale time frame in regional airlines.
Once again AMFA prevails at the top of the industry in pay and also the shortest time frame to all in rate. How in the world can the twu/iam sell their contract as industry leading when comparing the pay scales and time to top out all in rate? They can not.
Top2 Airline Mechanics are AMFA represented.
Top Regional Airline Mechanics are AMFA represented
ALL 3 are also at the top for time to top out all in rate (shortest amount of years)

Here are the Airline comparo's below:

Actually I have given SWA credit for having a wage scale that tops out in 5 years rather than 8 years. As far as wage rates those change when the yearly anniversary of DOS comes up. At this moment for the Association that is at the end of March where as it always works in the industry you will be passed.

Another reason though that SWA does have a 5 year scale is because they don’t employ as many M&R as are employed at American Airlines. SWA is only required under the AMFA Contract to employ 2.3 M&R per Aircraft. American by comparison has around 12 per Aircraft. So SWA has less maintenance costs than comes from the TWU/IAM Contracts.

Another item is that if an AMT can get a job with SWA which is extremely difficult to get because they don’t have many job opportunities an AMFA represented mechanic can expect to spend the majority of their career with horrible start times and days off.

This poster that I’m responding to claims to have me on ignore. The truth is he won’t engage me because I cut through the garbage he tries to sell. NEVER NEVER NEVER trust anyone who wont answer tough questions.

May I ask what AA Mechanics final all in rate is at AA at end of current contract??
Ours becomes amendable Aug 2024 at an all in rate above 60 + depending upon shifts add 6% for leads and inspectors and add another 6% for inspection leads. If you are able can someone post a link as I believe your union requires log in to see contract.

No log in. Extremely easy to find for anyone who “really” wants to find it. Make sure you compare SCOPE which is opportunities for someone to get the jobs. Very very important.

Compensation though starts on page 101.

And here is the current SWA AMFA AMT Contract.

I’m going to make a point to write that the AMFA Contract is only 143 Pages. The AA Association Contract is 228 Pages. That means the AA Mechanics enjoy 85 more pages of contractual language that the SWA don’t All language has value that leads to the ability to earn higher pay and benefits than those with less language.

For any readers have fun comparing the two. 😊

Swamp don’t forget to add 5%. That 5% is the “contribution” that AA makes to our retirement accounts that you don’t get.

At AA we have a 5% Contribution/ 4% Match for a total of 9%. We get 5% though even if we put nothing in at all.

You have a 9% Match. Your Company (Your Contract) gives you nothing at all if you don’t put anything in.

That’s also $$$$ “MONEY” $$$$

A7E4F21D-69A9-4034-90EB-0159A15E991A.jpeg

Let’s see if I have this right just to try and help you since I know you do read what I post.

At the end of March 2023 this is how I read the AMT’s scales.

BASE wage $52.20
License (2) $5.25
Crew Chief $2.40
Relief shift $.61

Total March 2023/ $60.46

Add $1.04 in March 2024/ $61.50

And that’s also not including the 5% Contractual 401K Contribution.

Union Industry Update:

WestJet just filed for AMFA Representation for their AME's. Could be the 7th Airline to bring in AMFA if successful vote is attained.
C'mon AA'ers, get them there cards collected and file. Don't miss the boat.