New Clubs

jcw

Veteran
Aug 12, 2004
What cities would make sense to add clubs now since there is enough traffic at an airport now that US and AA will be combined?

RIC
MSY
MCO

Others?

Kev3188 said:
Interesting question. Outside of the hubs, where does each carrier have them now?
AA: http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AdmiralsLocations.jsp

US: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/traveltools/club/default.html

I think business travel centers and former hubs/large stations that are well served will maintain or possibly have clubs added. IAH won't have UA as an option for US pax once US leaves Star, and as it is there is space on the A concourse AA could use and the station is well served by AA. Possibly DTW too but I imagine that would be less likely than IAH but could be wrong.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
IND would be a nice location;   Delta built a Skyclub in the new airport and there's a similar space near the AA/US gates that would make a perfect location.    New AA flies from IND to ORD, DFW, LAX, MIA, JFK, CLT, PHX, DCA and PHL for a current total of 40 daily flights (22 US/18 AA).   

Additionally, CMH has about as much service as IND and probably has a former HP club space somewhere (from the hub era),   
There are two locations, plus some of the former locations that others have listed (IAH, SEA, etc).   

MCI, IAD, SDQ, PTY and BOG closed in 2012 as part of the bankruptcy cost savings.   The DTW club closed after September 11, 2001, along with a few others.    

Kev3188 said:
Curious pick, but if US has them in BUF & GSO now, why not DTW as well for the combined carrier?
IDK why US has clubs there but I assume they hold their own in terms of revenue and performance or else they would close. These were both hubs of carriers folded into USAIR, (Empire and Piemond), no? I'm just saying AA comparatively isn't as strong at DTW as IAH, never been a strong market for AA while IAH is in AA's back yard and both a larger, more healthy and robust business community and local economy than DTW. I'm sure the bean counters at Centerport know all this and more.

Josh

robbedagain said:
What about Atl Bwi Pdx Sea etc
Robbed, BWI has a common lounge people with certain Amex cards and other lounge passes can access or pay a daily fee.

AA has a club at ATL in the T concourse.

AA has an arrangement with AS to allow AA members to access their boardroom locations, so lounge facilities are already available at PDX and SEA.

Josh

Speaking of lounges Kev, enlighten me why the AS COPS IAM agreement allows management to staff the Boardrooms? The AS agreement is a very weak CBA, but it's amazing the IAM was willing to allow the company to have non union personnel in those roles.

Josh

Latest posts