New Clubs

737823 said:
Robbed, BWI has a common lounge people with certain Amex cards and other lounge passes can access or pay a daily fee.

Josh
And this is the way the airlines would like to see it go independent airport clubs aka outsourced. Maybe you should look into opening some. Right down you alley

john john said:
And this is the way the airlines would like to see it go independent airport clubs aka outsourced. Maybe you should look into opening some. Right down you alley
Are the US club agents covered under your CWA CBA? DL and AA are both non-union, although UA club reps are IAM, and as I posted above AS is management so they aren't dues paying union members.

Not a bad idea, although several are already operating along with a very premium AMEX lounge at DFW and LAS. Working full time and managing my rental properties keeps me busy enough.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

I disagree that Detroit has never been an important city for AA.    At the time of deregulation,  AA flew nonstop from Detroit to BUF, SYR, ORD, BOS, LGA, EWR,  STL, IND, SFO, LAX, DFW and PHX.   Of course, as Republic grew in Detroit, AA moved its focus to ORD and DFW.   Things are grim right now for the city of Detroit, but it's still a huge metro area that, although it's not growing, will take a long time to wither away.   With consolidation, and the new 2-class 76-seaters, new AA should be able to serve DTW nonstop from ORD, DFW, LGA, JFK,  PHL, CLT, DCA, PHX and MIA.    That should be enough for a club even if AA or US separately could not justify one.    

737823 said:
Speaking of lounges Kev, enlighten me why the AS COPS IAM agreement allows management to staff the Boardrooms? The AS agreement is a very weak CBA, but it's amazing the IAM was willing to allow the company to have non union personnel in those roles.

Josh
Couldn't tell you; I haven't looked at a COPFS agreement for AS in quite awhile. If you're that into it, post the language, and we can talk about it.

FWAAA said:
   That should be enough for a club even if AA or US separately could not justify one.
I agree; that's why I thought it was an interesting pick.

hp-csr-phx said:
US club desks are staffed by CWA/IBT agents, the bar is contracted out.
Is that a liability issue?

because labor debates generate more volume than a dry conversation about where new clubs will be located?

The owners of this forum do know what it takes to attract lookers.

Kev I posted the AS COPS language, appreciate your perspective on a CBA that allows management/non dues paying employees to perform certain functions covered in the CBA.

Josh

737823 said:
Kev I posted the AS COPS language, appreciate your perspective on a CBA that allows management/non dues paying employees to perform certain functions covered in the CBA.

Josh
My perspective is that I do not like any language that allows non-covered personnel to routinely perform covered work. Note that I said "routinely." During an emergency or extreme IROPs, I'm okay with them assisting if there are no other options.

Specific to AS, the language you note is too murky. I see scope is currently on the table. I hope the 142 NC cleans that wording up, and crafts something more in line w/ what I wrote above...

Now can we talk about clubs?

Latest posts