new clubs?

gso2pit

Advanced
Mar 2, 2004
Now that the merger is in full swing, could anyone actually see US take advantage of the following scenarios?

1. SEA: AA closed their club on 10/31. This is a very nice facility located above the US gates that actually has showers! Combined, US has 13 daily flights including
2x phl 1xclt 5xlas 5xphx. Could this be enough to justify a club? There is alot of cruise traffic in the summer which would keep it quite busy from around March-October/November and they could reduce the hours the rest of the year. Seatacus, any comments?

2. IND/CMH: With the combined US/HP operations, could the company justify reopening these clubs? The CMH club would be the former HP club... HP still has 4 flights in CMH and I believe 8-10 in IND. I had heard something about the IND club being turned into a Fridays but i'm not sure.

FLL is in dire need of a CLUB. I can't tell you how many times a day our customers ask for it and the passenger loads and percentage of Dividend Preferred members alone can certainly justify the need for it. ;)

Maybe they could reopen the Pit Club on "A".....set a trend and have an airline Brothel....remember its Pittsburgh they may have to import the help. *ANYTHING to stimulate business with oil prices climbing*

Maybe they could reopen the Pit Club on "A".....set a trend and have an airline Brothel....remember its Pittsburgh they may have to import the help. *ANYTHING to stimulate business with oil prices climbing*

or get them out of their MOTHERS BASEMENTS, when all grown adults live in pittsburgh

Now that the merger is in full swing, could anyone actually see US take advantage of the following scenarios?

1. SEA: AA closed their club on 10/31. This is a very nice facility located above the US gates that actually has showers! Combined, US has 13 daily flights including
2x phl 1xclt 5xlas 5xphx. Could this be enough to justify a club? There is alot of cruise traffic in the summer which would keep it quite busy from around March-October/November and they could reduce the hours the rest of the year. Seatacus, any comments?

2. IND/CMH: With the combined US/HP operations, could the company justify reopening these clubs? The CMH club would be the former HP club... HP still has 4 flights in CMH and I believe 8-10 in IND. I had heard something about the IND club being turned into a Fridays but i'm not sure.

US does just unbelievably awful in SEA. I don't know why, but they do. I don't know how HP has historically done there, but I can't see this one happening.

As for IND, yes, the Club space is now gone and turned into a restaurant or something, so I don't think there's room for a new one. Sucks, as they never should have closed it.

I think CMH could absolutely support a Club again. I'd say that SFO and then CMH are the two cities most likely to be reopened.

FLL is in dire need of a CLUB. I can't tell you how many times a day our customers ask for it and the passenger loads and percentage of Dividend Preferred members alone can certainly justify the need for it. ;)

From what I understand, US did want to open a Club there, but that there's just no room at all, and that several other airlines would love to have Clubs there as well, but can't due to the lack of space.

I think it would be great to have a club in Seattle.
I heard a rumour the other day that they might open up a small inflight hub or an inflight satelite base in Hawaii and expanding the inflight base in Vegas for possible future routes to Asia.

Has anyone heard this?

I think it would be great to have a club in Seattle.
I heard a rumour the other day that they might open up a small inflight hub or an inflight satelite base in Hawaii and expanding the inflight base in Vegas for possible future routes to Asia.

Has anyone heard this?
Did hear about service to Guam/Saipan/FIJI/Tahiti....converting E170s into some type of flying boat operation. Luaus in the gate areas, doing the limbo and WET T-shirt/loin cloth competitions. They were considering adding All-U-Can-Drink Mai Tais but remember US is "Low cost" :lol:

Oh HELL lets just put a Sea Shell Lounge of MOON TWP in every airport then the burgers can feel at home.....

Absent half naked Thursday and/or the giant fish sammich, I'm not going to the club :lol: . The other fundamental problem with this theory is you then have to place the men's room on the exterior wall and insure it's not heated.....

(I've not been in some time, but last I was, using the can was still a rather chilling experience at the Seat Shell Lounge).

It really sucked having a delay at MCO this afternoon (a PHL flight delayed, there's a shock) and having to walk by the closed US Airways Club door, half-heartedly hidden by one of those Star Alliance stand-up signs. They *really* ought to reopen that one, it's a *huge* station.

At SFO, they'd have to build an entire new club, as the old US terminal is now closed. From my trips through the new US concourse, I'm not quite sure where there'd be room to put one. However, ATA is going to abandon its gates, so could they turn one of those areas into a club?

It really sucked having a delay at MCO this afternoon (a PHL flight delayed, there's a shock) and having to walk by the closed US Airways Club door, half-heartedly hidden by one of those Star Alliance stand-up signs. They *really* ought to reopen that one, it's a *huge* station.

At SFO, they'd have to build an entire new club, as the old US terminal is now closed. From my trips through the new US concourse, I'm not quite sure where there'd be room to put one. However, ATA is going to abandon its gates, so could they turn one of those areas into a club?

The US Airways club in MCO was far and away the most astheticly pleasing club in the system. The sprial staircase blew me away every time. Plus, they were the last non-hub club to have a smoking room too!

The gals that worked there were the best. I agree that even though the majority of the traffic is leisure, MCO could still support a club.

They need a new one in LAS. The current one was almost shut down by the health department twice and its outside security, so what good does that do for our connecting PAX.