New Clubs

They probably also value variety in discussion topics. Co-opting every thread does them no favors.

You know your going to regret making that statement when Ding Dong turns everything into a DL thread....

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
My perspective is that I do not like any language that allows non-covered personnel to routinely perform covered work. Note that I said "routinely." During an emergency or extreme IROPs, I'm okay with them assisting if there are no other options.

Specific to AS, the language you note is too murky. I see scope is currently on the table. I hope the 142 NC cleans that wording up, and crafts something more in line w/ what I wrote above...
Fair enough, so you are agreeing the language is deficient and weak. Great. Do you recognize this has been in place for 14 going on 15 years, so its unlikely the company would be willing to agree to change it now if they haven't in the past? I will say as a passenger it would be nice to have full agent capabilities at AS so I wouldn't need to leave the club to get flight assistance beyond seat assignments and informational questions. Let's see if Ira Levy and DL 141 are able to turn things around at HA. You have often covered up these weak TAs saying its restricted to 141, but 142 also has its share of baggage and involvement at HA.

Kev3188 said:
Now can we talk about clubs?
Yes, although the part above pertains to clubs...

Here's a question: Will the US clubs be brought upto the AA standard in terms of amenities and finishes? AA has very high end Herman Miller Eames chaise lounge chairs, marble, designed lighting in their clubs. On the other hand, US furniture and interior design work is no where near that level of quality.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
737823 said:
Fair enough, so you are agreeing the language is deficient and weak. Great. Do you recognize this has been in place for 14 going on 15 years, so its unlikely the company would be willing to agree to change it now if they haven't in the past?
Great. They're at the table now, right? No time like the present to turn it around- and that assumes it's what the agent group at AS wants. I can't imagine they're too into that sort of murky language, but I'm not there...

Kev3188 said:
Great. They're at the table now, right? No time like the present to turn it around- and that assumes it's what the agent group at AS wants. I can't imagine they're too into that sort of murky language, but I'm not there...
Well my point is they have let it stay around this long so I doubt that fine detail in the CBA is of utmost importance to the NC or the membership they supposedly negotiate on behalf of. More importantly, with the shake up in handling agreements hopefully the District is going to work to protect some larger stations that are currently handled by DL or other vendors. Peak season AS has upto five flights at Logan, DCA has a good number of flights too, as does DFW. Maybe they will try and enhance that language. But then again, this is the union with a ramp contract that allows hubs to be outsourced so I wouldn't hold my breath for anything great.

Speaking of which, approximately how many mainline rampers does AS have? Roughly 700 was posted on here sometime ago, all in various AK stations. Maybe this is something the IAM can work its way up to (down to) at UAL next!

Josh

Kev3188 said:
If it's been there that long, then maybe the membership doesn't much mind it? I dunno what you want to hear here... (shrugs)
Likely, what are your thoughts of them capitalizing on this opportunity to bring more stations in house as the DL agreement is ending in March 2014?

Josh

I think they should just close the clubs since it's amazing we can start this talking about expanding service and we go to how bad the labor situation is - it really would have been better for US to file for Chapter 7 and close - that would make everyone happy - you be thrilled because you are now miserable because you don't have a job - I can't believe this was turned into a labor discussion.

Could someone list the topics that can be discussed that would avoid labor

Could someone list the topics that can be discussed that would avoid labor
Well, I would've thought that a "where will the clubs be?" thread would've been pretty safe, but here we are.

That said, maybe we can get back to it? I'm especially interested in what might seem like odd picks (such as DTW), and why they might make sense for the combined carrier...

Well, I would've thought that a "where will the clubs be?" thread would've been pretty safe, but here we are.

That said, maybe we can get back to it? I'm especially interested in what might seem like odd picks (such as DTW), and why they might make sense for the combined carrier...
given that the network presence of the big 3 carriers will be much more "in each other's face" in order to remove whatever competitive advantage one has over the other, it is a given that amenities will have to increase in large hubs.

Your suggestion of more competitor clubs in DTW seems quite logical.

There is an Admiral's Club at IAH that sits mothballed at the AA gates, some furniture still sitting inside. Would love to see it re-open. If you're ever there, you can peer through the shuttered doors and see the abandoned bar. The soda fountain still sits there. 

MAH4546 said:
There is an Admiral's Club at IAH that sits mothballed at the AA gates, some furniture still sitting inside. Would love to see it re-open. If you're ever there, you can peer through the shuttered doors and see the abandoned bar. The soda fountain still sits there.
I know exactly the space you are referring to. Hopefully AA can reach an agreement with IAH to take the space back, as it is already a decent sized operation and adding the club back could go a long way to win over more local business from UA. Any chance LAX-IAH sees mainline?

Josh

Latest posts