New Destinations announced..

JFK and NRT perfect together....connecting two hubs together.

JFK-LHR....soon to be upgraded to a 764 with Layflat business seats.

JFK and NRT perfect together....connecting two hubs together.
I agree, because it makes sense connecting an Asian Hub with a US hub(JFK) that has an International focus, if NRT flights are positioned at SLC, its just a matter of time until JFK-NRT resumes or should..time will tell.

I was under the impression that was awaiting government approval and an application for approval was pending...however you may be right.

No, you are correct. Slated to start Jun 4th. Pending govt. approval... I didn't see
the tiny print :) along with Luanda and Malabo.

Is the JFK-PRG by DL seasonal or year round? There may be plenty of tourists in the summer as the USA recently dropped visa requirements for CZ citizens (and couple other former commie countries), and PRG is a nice alternative for connecting to OK instead of to AF in CDG (and KL in AMS).

Is the JFK-PRG by DL seasonal or year round? There may be plenty of tourists in the summer as the USA recently dropped visa requirements for CZ citizens (and couple other former commie countries), and PRG is a nice alternative for connecting to OK instead of to AF in CDG (and KL in AMS).
JFK-PRG 3 times weekly not sesonal. At least not yet.

Way to go Delta! Very impressive indeed, espically all the new routes to Africa. I was suprised by Luanda,Maputo and Monrovia. Can anyone shed some light as to why those three?
I would like larger cities like Addis Ababa,Dar es Salaam or Durban would have been chosen

Way to go Delta! Very impressive indeed, espically all the new routes to Africa. I was suprised by Luanda,Maputo and Monrovia. Can anyone shed some light as to why those three?
I would like larger cities like Addis Ababa,Dar es Salaam or Durban would have been chosen

Luanda= Oil $$$, but other that, I'm curious as well...

Abuja and especially Malabo equal oil money as well.

Monrovia has military/government traffic.
China and Africa have been on a fast track regarding relations for some time (China has pumped hundreds of billions $ into some African countries)..especially the oil producing countries...
and that has resulted in steady growth in some economies..and of course when there is growth, the need for air travel becomes more in demand.

It looks like they will have more route announcements on Monday 11/17
to coincide with the Alaska Air arrangement...
stay tuned for more...