New Destinations announced..

that relationship will enable Alaska to feed DAL International flights especially at LAX and SEA, its actually(in my opinion) "big news"..
yes i should rephrase that...no New news.. They already co-operate now they are "prefered"

I wonder what the combined strength is out of LA and SEA now for NW/DL?
Once the new marketing agreement between DAL/Alaska is approved by the D.O.T (which is pending).... combined with the merger I predict great things
for those based on the West Coast and the communities served with new markets and a strengthened relationship(the pacific route additions will have already helped). Time will tell.

Way to go Delta! Very impressive indeed, espically all the new routes to Africa. I was suprised by Luanda,Maputo and Monrovia. Can anyone shed some light as to why those three?
I would like larger cities like Addis Ababa,Dar es Salaam or Durban would have been chosen
Unfortunately not Maputo. Malabo.

I wouldn't be surprised to se the "rebuilt" of LA and a building up of SEA
for more transpacific flights...

I still for the life of me can't figure out why supvsrs would come to briefings, tell us Joanne Smith said LAX-SYD on 777LR starting June 09 and it's being loaded into the res system, yet not one single word. :unsure:

I still for the life of me can't figure out why supvsrs would come to briefings, tell us Joanne Smith said LAX-SYD on 777LR starting June 09 and it's being loaded into the res system, yet not one single word. :unsure:
Our supervisors operate different .. LOL...Ask them anything they just say "I don't know".
Thats why we call it the "I don't know desk".
I guess if you were to ask them what happened they will just blame it on "well thats what
Joanne said " I guess it could stil happen. Announce by Jan 9 for June9 ? 6 months to sell?
I am all for spreading the flying around to other bases. Selfish reasons of course ;)

That was the plan. The aircraft is 10 weeks later then the planned delivery date. So prioritys change and most profitable routes come first. That is what i've been told.

Is US-Australia still under a bilateral, or is it open skies? If not open skies, are there even frequencies available?
[/quot]

Its open skies.

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNew...D30262820080215

CANBERRA (Reuters) - Australia and the United States have agreed to open up trans-Pacific air routes between the two countries, prompting Australia's Qantas Airways Ltd on Friday to immediately increase its flights.

Australia's Transport Minister, Anthony Albanese, said talks with U.S. officials in Washington had reached agreement on an open-skies pact, which could see more U.S. carriers fly to Australia via ports in Asia, such as Tokyo.