New line MX direction?

overheat

Sep 1, 2006
I keep hearing that the new Vp of Line Mx wants to cut stations and add vendors! :shock: I was told last night about a 3 year plan to add United Vendor Services to new line stations and add local AMT vendors when openings come up at the out stations. :down: Anyone have any info on this? It this just a bad rumor? I have asked Mgmt about it and it get the usual "don't worry about it" speech.

I keep hearing that the new Vp of Line Mx wants to cut stations and add vendors! :shock: I was told last night about a 3 year plan to add United Vendor Services to new line stations and add local AMT vendors when openings come up at the out stations. :down: Anyone have any info on this? It this just a bad rumor? I have asked Mgmt about it and it get the usual "don't worry about it" speech.
Welcome to what the AMT's at the major's have been dealing with the last 5+ years. All Managment wants to do is outsource our jobs. I hope it don't come to that for you guys.

What scares me is that the new VP is Greg Hall who came from United. Isn't this the same guy that converted alot of there line stations to vendor mx? Something gives me a bad feeling that the company knew they wanted this man from what he did at United by contracting some of there stations. Mgmt says that Nashville is vendored since it has very little work assigned. But they still have layovers and work assinged to them. I can only imagine what is going to happen to the stations that do not have layovers and do not have work assinged, at least 3 are in So. Cal. The last VP said the company didn't want vendors due to the quality overall. Judging by how fast they got Greg in, they couldn't wait 'till the last one retired. Also a few years back they stopped shift dif for new hires, but a wide body Captain that accepts the new union contract gets $30,000 just for singing his contract. :shock:

After a little web surfing I found that Greg Hall was at AA for a while, like long enough to see about 600 people walk out the door. I believe we (FDX) have a fox in the hen house!

What scares me is that the new VP is Greg Hall who came from United. Isn't this the same guy that converted alot of there line stations to vendor mx? Something gives me a bad feeling that the company knew they wanted this man from what he did at United by contracting some of there stations. Mgmt says that Nashville is vendored since it has very little work assigned. But they still have layovers and work assinged to them. I can only imagine what is going to happen to the stations that do not have layovers and do not have work assinged, at least 3 are in So. Cal. The last VP said the company didn't want vendors due to the quality overall. Judging by how fast they got Greg in, they couldn't wait 'till the last one retired. Also a few years back they stopped shift dif for new hires, but a wide body Captain that accepts the new union contract gets $30,000 just for singing his contract. :shock:
This is the same Greg Hall that was in charge of maintenance at AA before he went to UAL. He's a real SOB. He started the "No Check....check" at AA were an aircraft is on the ground from 8-24 hrs and no maintenance is done on it, not even an AMT walk around....its not needed according to Greggy for 1-3 days. Then when its scheduled for a flight the next day, its found that jeez....its not ready for fight...tires, brakes, leaks etc. :shock: What a way to run an airline. When Greggy's mouth is moving...he's lying. He is not to be trusted....ever.

He won't last at Fed Ex either. Enjoy. ;)

This is the same Greg Hall that was in charge of maintenance at AA before he went to UAL. He's a real SOB. He started the "No Check....check" at AA were an aircraft is on the ground from 8-24 hrs and no maintenance is done on it, not even an AMT walk around....its not needed according to Greggy for 1-3 days. Then when its scheduled for a flight the next day, its found that jeez....its not ready for fight...tires, brakes, leaks etc. :shock: What a way to run an airline. When Greggy's mouth is moving...he's lying. He is not to be trusted....ever.

He won't last at Fed Ex either. Enjoy. ;)

Bring back Super Dave! At least he was for FedEx AMT's.

And another thing...

Now we have to leave a "love note" to the crew. WTF!! Since when was it our job to make the crews happy? When is fred-X going worry about making the AMT's happy? I dont know about you guys buy I have felt when sh!t rolls down hill its always the AMT's that get hit with it.

The PSP really isn't there anymore. We out stations AMT's have been told several meanings of PSP and the one that I laughed at the most was that PSP was a rotating triangle. what ever fits first at that time. Well they rotated it once to profit! To me PSP means profit, screw the people! Believe me, I still bleed purple but its the old purple and not this diluted purple thats mixed with green! :down:

Hi overheat,
I have to agree with you, I miss Dave!!!!!!! :(
I know that if it wasn't for him we would have NEVER seen the raise that came our way, and now that he is gone, we will never see another one. The 3% that does land our way is sickenly off set by the health insurance increase, what a burn!!
As for those stupid, insulting "love notes" that we are supposed to leave with the ard, I say "to hell with that"!!
I'm not doing it. What I do is print the sign off page only and leave that for the files, that's all. As far as I'm concerned, the ard and MY professionalism and pride speaks for itself when I say the acft is ready to fly, not some stupid 'arse' wiping piece of paper that the crew could care less about. 99.999999% of out bound crews don't have a clue if the acft laid over anyway, or do they care for that matter. What are there concerns during pre flight? Hmm let me think. 1) crew meal 2) coffee 3) lav that isn't stinking 4) clean windows 5)tire pressures are good for there flt.
I have to stop, I'm getting upset now :blink:

Hi overheat,
I have to agree with you, I miss Dave!!!!!!! :(
I know that if it wasn't for him we would have NEVER seen the raise that came our way, and now that he is gone, we will never see another one. The 3% that does land our way is sickenly off set by the health insurance increase, what a burn!!
As for those stupid, insulting "love notes" that we are supposed to leave with the ard, I say "to hell with that"!!
I'm not doing it. What I do is print the sign off page only and leave that for the files, that's all. As far as I'm concerned, the ard and MY professionalism and pride speaks for itself when I say the acft is ready to fly, not some stupid 'arse' wiping piece of paper that the crew could care less about. 99.999999% of out bound crews don't have a clue if the acft laid over anyway, or do they care for that matter. What are there concerns during pre flight? Hmm let me think. 1) crew meal 2) coffee 3) lav that isn't stinking 4) clean windows 5)tire pressures are good for there flt.
I have to stop, I'm getting upset now :blink:

We do the same too. Until they make that piece of paper (love note) part of the log book requirements it isn't getting done. We pretty much were doing the extra checks anyway. I've asked the crews what they think about it and most either haven't heard of it or most just laugh and toss it. The 3% is another thing. Now, I'm grateful to get any raise but if all the employees get 3% then we should get 3% too not 2.3% or that ever it comes out too. The other issue that a vender will not be able to handle is 5-6 sqawks on a 35 min turn! Thats after the crew calls in a good aircraft! :rolleyes: I don't mean to #### about the crews because they have a job to do also and we have some good ones but lately I've been getting some real piss heads! :down:

Hey Speedbrake,
Dave had a liitle bit to do with the big pay raise BUT Don is the one that did the justification and pushed it thru the board.

Hi Strike Eagle,
I can understand how Don would have been the driving force behind our raise years ago. Dave was always the one at the LAX hangar telling people that he had a desk full of applications and if we didn't like our current pay "Do not let the door hit you on the way out!". I have been hearing stories that our next raise will be between 4 and 5 dollars and is supposed to put us between Southwest and UPS. We shal see......

Delta 777 - what am I supposed to get out of that Delta Employee link since I can't log into it?

Just a heads up to the AMTs at FedEx

Rumors flying from my former co-workers at UAL

VP Line maintenance Alan Butterfield is headed your way. He is M-A-J-O-R outsourcer. Even with UALs cuts to AMT pay and benefits he continued to outsource alot of line maintenance, this individual is bad news. For your sake I hope the rumors are wrong.