New low for the TWU...IMO

Memo to Gless from Donnelly about the 4.3%

http://www.twubkfact...1kk=&tabid=1494

The TWU did not "trade" profit sharing for the pay increase. US Airways was adamant that an MOU that contained any money for our members would require removal of the profit sharing provision. This is taken from the memo. I would say that requiring removal of profit sharing for any money is in fact, trading profit sharing for a raise. But I am guessing if you drink the Koolaid you would think otherwise. You guys are on crack.

Sure guy. I will put down the kool aide. I will suggest you are right, and I am wrong. That James Little and the union he represents has well overstepped his boundaries and that SWA Board of directors and their leadership team is right in all their decisions including outsourcing. Just in the name of keeping you amfa boys in line with management, I will suggest I could possibly be incorrect.

.....But I doubt it.There has to be something wrong when the members choose to defend the company over their union. Perhaps WN mechanics could do better without amfa? Perhaps all of us could do without the association confusing the important issues?
The Teamsters allowed most all heavy overhaul to be outsourced (or never be insourced) at SWA until they were fired by the M&R and brought in AMFA. Since then SWA has doubled their heavy maintenance program due to the new AMFA contract language. I think you are saying the IBT should not have negotiated to allow most Heavy Maintenance work to be outsourced, thus much less outsourcing today? These guys are going against the flow of UAL, USAir, AA, UPS and the rest of the industry. Perhaps we should be taking notes? To see you stick up for Jim Little's comments is interesting enough though.

The Teamsters allowed most all heavy overhaul to be outsourced (or never be insourced) at SWA until they were fired by the M&R and brought in AMFA. Since then SWA has doubled their heavy maintenance program due to the new AMFA contract language. I think you are saying the IBT should not have negotiated to allow most Heavy Maintenance work to be outsourced, thus much less outsourcing today? These guys are going against the flow of UAL, USAir, AA, UPS and the rest of the industry. Perhaps we should be taking notes? To see you stick up for Jim Little's comments is interesting enough though.
Both Anomaly and Travis have been told this, and shown this since our 4th line commenced operation last Monday in Dallas with all kinds of new hires stating on the floor as well. They both choose to ignor the fact that AMFA has brought maint in house, and has more than doubled the in house maint since we fired the teamsters. We have also doubled the mechanic headcount from when the teamsters were here, AND we are still hiring. The teamsters always agreed with the company on outsourcing, which is one of the reasons they were fired as they only had a hand full of arbitrations and grievences for decades of representation. Pathetic representation by the teamsters...

Memo to Gless from Donnelly about the 4.3%

http://www.twubkfact...1kk=&tabid=1494
Donnelly, the baggage handler with a calculator who bought into and sold the Roll Up Adjustment (which gave the company two bites at the apple in the 2003 concessions) and overestimated our cost out in 2010 by at least $250 million in favor of the company(at least 25% off). The company not only gladly accepted his F$%# up numbers but used them in their press release. He assigned full face value for restoring sick time with an assumption that if we were restored to 12 days per year every worker would use 12 days. I suspect he got his degrees the same way Little did. Yea, "Donnelly Said" isn't going to carry much weight amongst mechanics who know him.

.....There has to be something wrong when the members choose to defend the company over their union...
There has to be something wrong with someone who thinks that a union and company can not live in harmony.

That statement of yours epitomizes what is wrong with big labor in this country.

A paradigm shift is long overdue.

There has to be something wrong with someone who thinks that a union and company can not live in harmony.

That statement of yours epitomizes what is wrong with big labor in this country.

A paradigm shift is long overdue.
Well said, they do the same with the Republican Party, instead of respecting and debating opinions, they alienate the conservative thinking members, and destroy all chance of getting political help from the GOP. And then they live in complete denial of where the problem really lies. On one hand they demand respect from the employer, then show none in return. Want to be treated like professionals? Then try conduct the deserves that treatment!

Here is something else, kind of fits in for the LOWS of the TWU, the FA's and their "association" are getting a 1,5% raise, FA's over 50 are getting a 9.9% 401k match and other contractual expenses, along with a $40k buyout for a max of 1500 FA's on exit of bankruptcy. In addition their hours revert back to their last contract meaning, they don't have to fly a minimum amount of hours to be employed, to get sick time, health ins., and vacation they only have to fly 35 hours a month.

The TWU gets a 4.3% raise...........
and we LOSE our Me Too clause.

can we join their union?
How about we join the stock clerk's union. They max out at 6 weeks of vacation and get full sick time pay.......... Wait, we are in the stock clerk's union..............TWU gets it wrong again. But the I-Team is out in force wondering why we are angry. Let's start another AMFA card drive now.

Reactions: 1 person
I think if we were non-union, AA would feel to guilty to have the work rules we have had for the past 10 years, but since the TWU is signing those contracts in, their conscience is clear, we're "represented"

Just thought of another low, coming up with the joint representation BS, what about the strength in numbers slogan.

Fellow AMT pointed out the missing Drag Strut Bolt. Looks like it walked out of the nose gear boss. The drag strut was not connected to the gear but looks like the boss is intact and undamaged question is where is the bolt...Will see what the NTSB says JMO

Attachments

• rsz_nlg.jpg
    rsz_nlg.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 217
Fellow AMT pointed out the missing Drag Strut Bolt. Looks like it walked out of the nose gear boss. The drag strut was not connected to the gear but looks like the boss is intact and undamaged question is where is the bolt...Will see what the NTSB says JMO
If the bolt fell out how did they get the gear up? If its missing it probably sheared when the plane landed nose first. IIRC they are hollow.

From what I heard they shipped in another Nose gear, installed it so they they hook up the tractor, raise the Nose and get it ion the Hangar, word is they are repairing it. They plane is fully in the Hangar now.

Maybe it walked out after gear retraction or upon gear exstension. if that bolt sheared you think there would have been a piece still in the attach point on the gear but maybe not ...Looks like they used the old gear with a new drag strut and bolt to get it all the way in the hanger. Not much going on around the airplane I guess they are hammering out the numbers and who will do the work.

100 yuan is the largest bank note available in China. This is currently worth around US$13. So they are figuring out how many Yuan they are willing to fork out. ;)

So basically the APFA got 9% 401k match for its members over 50, plus got everything back that they gave up in BK, and we got a 4.3% raise and gave up profit sharing, me too. And are going to lose even more work and jobs. I think we could have gotten that without paying union dues.

The question is, are AAs negotiators that good or is the TWU that bad. Based on the APA and APFA, and the troubleshooting chart. It points to one component.

So basically the APFA got 9% 401k match for its members over 50, plus got everything back that they gave up in BK, and we got a 4.3% raise and gave up profit sharing, me too. And are going to lose even more work and jobs. I think we could have gotten that without paying union dues.

The question is, are AAs negotiators that good or is the TWU that bad. Based on the APA and APFA, and the troubleshooting chart. It points to one component.

If you notice, APA and APFA only represent pilots and flight attendants. Seems to me you need a union that only represents mechanics.

1airborne

Yup I agree. We need our own union. Too bad we have knuckleheads here at AA who can't think for themselves. Btw the pilots have a 14% contribution in their 401k. We have up to 5.5% with a match. Key word is match vs contribution. We have to match to get anything from the company. Pilots don't have to match squat. Yup I say we need our own union.

Reactions: 2 people