Is This Going To Be The Future?

Comments
As a former NWA mechanic , I do find some relief knowing that I am no longer being misrepresented by amfa anymore. To those of you still working, go down swinging and for your own good get rid of of your current association that does not have your best interest in mind.I visited the new local office last week, what a disgrace! I bet this was a big embarrassment to the hardcore amfa puppets. What happened to your original office? You know the one that you were all so proud of? Remember laughing at some of us when we said it was too expensive, it wouldnt work, that it was too big? The only time it was filled to capacity is when the meetings for laid of members were held there. How many members do you get at a business meeting these days? (and yes I do attend and I do know) Is this another let down? I remember the amfa boys telling me how different it would be once they were in control. Yes it is different, just walk thru some of the hangars (you know, the ones that still have the lights on), shops, break rooms and you will see how different it is. The only positive thing I see and hear from those still working is that at least these days parking is no longer a problem. So on behalf of all the mechanics that you have screwed in the past and for those yet to come, thank you for clearing up the parking problem at NWA. And for any mechanics thinking of jumping on the amfa express to doomsville, please research their track record and accomplishments.

Compliments of a concerned mechanic, amfanuts

NyQuill said:
Hey now Hopeful, wasn't to long ago your boyzzzz were calling ole Quill a communist ,now you're worried about him and his grave?.... let's get the story and play right...might try e-mailing Davey for proper responses here...HAHAHAHAHAH
Maye, unlike in the TWU, in AMFA there can be differences of opinion?

Just because you feel you must agree with everything Sonny says and does that does not mean that all unions are that way.

CIO: What keeps a company from hiring mechanics and then hanging their jobs over the Unions head so they would be forced to accept concessions for all workers?

If we have a problem with a stable workforce at AA why not increase SCOPE CLAUSE PROTECTION! If the company plays games with hiring and laying off- increase SEVERANCE PACKAGE that would penalize companies!

The one thing you will not get away from in this industry, is the cyclic nature of it, and the acceptance of everyone that understands what field they are getting into.

Are you really trying to change economic factors and the industry?

Attachments

• Youca027_1_.gif
    Youca027_1_.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 162
Following amfa's history, and they do have quite a history now, if amfa were to gain BA you can kiss MCIE goodbye, possibly AFW and a whole bunch more "protected " employees from TULE.

Of course..the two remaining mechanics will have a great benefits package...there lies our future as seen by amfa.

Dead bolt, we at AA have control over our destiny! Unlike some of the others. Why do we need to increase scope language? It is working very well right now! With one of the lowest in the Industry on outsourcing!

You talk about the ups and downs in the industry, The public has told the Airlines they want cheaper tickets, this is different than in the past. With low cost the norm, you either compete or die a slow death! The employees here choose to allow AA to stay a viable airline. others have choose to go down the tubes. The latest is Great Planes. So do we as Union members adapt to change? And choose our own destiny or listen to the minority and go into BK and allow a high priced Attorney make choices for us?

I believe the majority who voted made the best Choice and we will be able to go forward and make decisions on our own. Now you can go out the door and apply at NW! They do make more money! But answer this for me? When would you expect to be hired if you apply? And what will you make in the mean time?

Quill:
So you are concerned that AMFA would sacrifice the overhaul bases.
I can understand your concern.

But for years, the TWU has sacrificed line station work to save other classification work and overhaul base jobs. The TWU gladly gave up push backs and deicing starting in 1983. The overhaul bases could have cared less because those job functions meant nothing to TUL.

The TWU has allowed outsourcing of cabin cleaning at the line stations. Again, TUL could care less about cabin cleaners!

And to boot, TUL has also been affected because of the OSM classification, formally known as the SRP.

How much viable does AA have to be against Low-Cost Carriers that make up 25% of the airline market? Why are we comparing ourselves to Southwest?
They have a different business model flying point-to-point! We have hub and spoke!

All AMFA is saying is TAKE THE Competition out of Wages, raise all boats with the tide!

Low cost carriers are dictating fares well over 70% of the routes AA flies. In order to make a profit you either leave the airline business or you adjust to the changing times! We at AA choose to change and adapt to the industry. Others have not! Now look at the devastation it has caused in the communities and family members in those areas!

Delle admitted last year his system is not achievable under the scheme of things today! It may have worked in the 60's but not today!

And what was ya got for the OSM/SRP program? Wasn't it the protectionary clause? I haven't witnessed a contract yet that hasn't been "negotiated", and "voted" upon.

The debates of the OSM and '83 B-scale are weak, yet ya still like to throw them in to sway unknowing persons, well, we're not all unknowing, but nice try.

Even amfa is changing their tune now...used to be a "no concession" stance...now it's a "no UNWARRANTED concession" stance..and that will evolve also or their history will continue to be a losing record, and you want part of that?

Checking it Out said:
Low cost carriers are dictating fares well over 70% of the routes AA flies. In order to make a profit you either leave the airline business or you adjust to the changing times! We at AA choose to change and adapt to the industry. Others have not! Now look at the devastation it has caused in the communities and family members in those areas!

Delle admitted last year his system is not achievable under the scheme of things today! It may have worked in the 60's but not today!
So are you AA or TWU? Is there a difference?

No other industry has suffered like this industry has as far as lost wages and benifits. No other copmpany in this industry has slashed wages and benifits with the cooperation of a union like AA has. I cant think of any job that would be considered a career where you only get one week of vacation and no holidays. Calling the TWU a union is an insult to unionism.

Look at the stuff you write! Right out of the union busters script. Same lies, same fear mongering, same message.

NyQuill said:
And what was ya got for the OSM/SRP program? Wasn't it the protectionary clause? I haven't witnessed a contract yet that hasn't been "negotiated", and "voted" upon.

The debates of the OSM and '83 B-scale are weak, yet ya still like to throw them in to sway unknowing persons, well, we're not all unknowing, but nice try.

Even amfa is changing their tune now...used to be a "no concession" stance...now it's a "no UNWARRANTED concession" stance..and that will evolve also or their history will continue to be a losing record, and you want part of that?
Of course you havent witnessed it, the TWU does not allow observers.

But this agreement was not the result of a negotiation, the company did not negotiate. They said they wanted $660 million and thats what they got, and then some. The only negotiations there were was between the International and the Presidents as they tried to minimize the effect of the cuts to the dues. Why do you think we lost all those benifits? Because while they do translate into dollars they do not affect the dues.

And if you remember, they changed the agreement and put it in place without further ratification.

Checking it Out said:
Dead bolt, we at AA have control over our destiny! Unlike some of the others. Why do we need to increase scope language? It is working very well right now! With one of the lowest in the Industry on outsourcing!

You talk about the ups and downs in the industry, The public has told the Airlines they want cheaper tickets, this is different than in the past. With low cost the norm, you either compete or die a slow death! The employees here choose to allow AA to stay a viable airline. others have choose to go down the tubes. The latest is Great Planes. So do we as Union members adapt to change? And choose our own destiny or listen to the minority and go into BK and allow a high priced Attorney make choices for us?

I believe the majority who voted made the best Choice and we will be able to go forward and make decisions on our own. Now you can go out the door and apply at NW! They do make more money! But answer this for me? When would you expect to be hired if you apply? And what will you make in the mean time?
cio, by posting that "we at AA have control over our destiny! Unlike some of the others." is pure stand up comedy material. Explain how we have control at AA with the twu. Posting behind an alias while posting such lies is another indication of your fear and ineptness. But who takes your posts serious? Step into the light and post your real name then post your comedy.

Ken Great Post! Why are you advocating Your Brothers and Sister should follow blindly into an organization that has 35% of their members on Layoff?

Control our destiny, we did not like the concessions but the members did vote to except the contract.

It was held up in court as you are aware of Bob!

Comedy? I think I may go tonight! Thanks for the suggestion!

*At United with the new contract and recent talks of spinning maintenance off. You will see a steady decline of employees in maintenance to around 2500. With unlimited scope language, the new 2 billion dollar contract on engines and the closing of the maintenance bases this will take place in short order. (Note current employment is 8400 +/- down from 13,200 less than 2 years ago, source Amfa)

I thought I would repost part of the original thread content!

Checking it Out said:
Ken Great Post! Why are you advocating Your Brothers and Sister should follow blindly into an organization that has 35% of their members on Layoff?

Control our destiny, we did not like the concessions but the members did vote to except the contract.

It was held up in court as you are aware of Bob!

Comedy? I think I may go tonight! Thanks for the suggestion!
except or accept?

If they voted to except the contract that means they voted against the contract.

Are you involved in writing our contract language? No wonder we are in such trouble.

Somehow I can picture to sitting on an talking to a bolt. When asked why you might reply "Well, it says right here to "talk" it down to 180ftlbs."