New MBJ service....

Yes we do. There just not A319/320's. Which to me is a safety issue do to all the places west metal flies close to water. What if the sully splashdown happened in a west aircraft? What if some of those people couldn't swim? There's no excuse to NOT have ALL the west aircraft EOW equiped.

Now why do you all have to impugn the west pilots? Seriously. No fatalities ever in an AWA plane.

I went on our website ( should have done that to begin with ) and it looks like it will start in Sept. However, it's out of PHL. Not CLT.

I can't imagine being stuck on that little plane for 3 1/2 hrs. What a misery. :(

The E190 is 150Lbs heavier than the DC9 and is actually a little longer than the 737. It is funny how it is considered a "little" airplane. The LCC configuration is 99, so they only need 2 F/As; however, it is normally configured for 110, the same as the 737-200. The E195 is normally configured for 120...thus, it is important to get the pay up or we can all say byebye to the 319s and 737s, as it is said to be much, much cheaper to operate.

If I remember correctly, the 737-200 sat 110 pax. 8 in first & 102 in coach.

And it was a lot wider and taller in the cabin.

Well then the 190 has a larger first class cabin and not as many coach seats. I would think any passenger would greatly prefer sitting in the 190 verses any 737 - no middle seats and more room. The 190 is much more fuel efficient, It can fly higher and faster than the 737 too...

Well then the 190 has a larger first class cabin and not as many coach seats. I would think any passenger would greatly prefer sitting in the 190 verses any 737 - no middle seats and more room. The 190 is much more fuel efficient, It can fly higher and faster than the 737 too...

I am going to disagree on a few things.

No one likes smacking the hell out of their head on overhead bins like what happens on the E190. Our tall f/a's avoid this aircraft like the plague.

Not to mention the galleys are a poor excuse for a galley. Hell, we aren't even allowed to use the sink in the forward galley because of a design flaw that has never been corrected and never will be.

It may be more fuel efficient and faster. As it should be. The 737-200 is 30 years old or better. However, the E190 still has a much more narrow fuselage and a shorter ceiling which makes it " feel" like the sardine can that it is.

The Baby Boeing was fat and tall so you never felt like you were in a tuna can.

Oh, don't get me wrong...it had it's flaws. Too much yaw and loud because they never put hush kits on them. Yet I'd rather fly them than the skeeter.

:lol:

On another note talked to my friends in CLT Stores and they sold a bunch of 190 parts the other night, rumors are abound through the hangar.

Probably republic....And then we'll buy 'em back at a 20% profit for republic when we need the money....