New Open Replacement (AVBL) 2000-2999

I don't see straight reserve happening either.

I agree. If (god forbid) AA starts furloughing again, you might have some bases with VERY senior straight reserve. US Airways is closing the PIT base, as I understand it, but at one point they had furloughed so many people that f/as with up to 29 years were on straight reserve at that base.

I don't see straight reserve happening either. It would likely be enough to pull me off. I am just be against it. Making anyone go through that waiting for a call living by the next ring of the phone for 12 months straight is way to much to ask of anyone. Complaining because you have to do it 3 times a year, Ohh boo hoo. So tired of 12-18 years f/a who believe they are superior to reserve and shouldn't have to do it anymore. The proverbial I am too good for it, and my stuff don't stink complex.
Thanks for the support, Mikey. It's good to know that there are some more senior f/as who support the junior f/as.

Update on 2000/3000 Availability

(Remember the statements that "You can pick up trips on MU on your days off" and "There will be no change to 3000-series availability lines"?)

There are 5 2000-series lines on the SLT bid sheet. None of them have a block of days off more than 4 consecutive days. Most of the days off are 2 or 3 day blocks. When you are on availability you can't pick up any trip on MU that might create a 30-in-7 or 7-day legality problem on an available day. Therefore, at best, someone with a 2000 line will be able to pick up a turn on day 2 of a 3-day block of days off, or maybe a 2-day on days 2-3 of a 4-day block. It's unlikely that you would be allowed to pick a trip that touches a block of available days. So much for MU.

As there are NO 3000-series lines, I would call that a MAJOR change.

I just checked all the domestic base bid sheets. What is true at SLT with the days off blocks and the total absence of 3000-series lines is true of all domestic bases.

Thanks for the support, Mikey. It's good to know that there are some more senior f/as who support the junior f/as.

Update on 2000/3000 Availability

(Remember the statements that "You can pick up trips on MU on your days off" and "There will be no change to 3000-series availability lines"?)

As there are NO 3000-series lines, I would call that a MAJOR change.

I did not mean to imply that you could no longer bid line 3000. But, that is a crapshoot. I've almost never gotten the days off I requested. And, no I didn't request all weekends. Personally, I would just as soon have weekdays off.

I did not mean to imply that you could no longer bid line 3000. But, that is a crapshoot. I've almost never gotten the days off I requested. And, no I didn't request all weekends. Personally, I would just as soon have weekdays off.

Not to get you all cranked up, but, were you inputting days off the prescribed way? They get kind of cranky if you don't.

I bid Availability when I need certain days off and have always gotten them, even Thanksgiving and Christmas and whenever I need most weekends off and I am not that senior, a 97 hire here. Only one month has planning not given me everything I asked for. As I said before I'd bid the 2000 lines but according to the bidsheet my base/division isn't offering it for June.

mikeBOS

Wouldn't it be wonderful if instead of reserve we had this 2000 availability during our reserve months? No preplot,just day before and no make-up. I would be willing to sit stand-by for AA once a week with no pay besides gurantee! It would make life so much less stressful, and the sicklist for reserves would be down considerably. At JFK this month it is a senior rotation for reserve, I am betting that at least 40% if not higher are out on sick by now. Garfield do you have any stats?
Mikey, are you on reserve? You are just too much at times. Sorry...

I spent over 20 years in the computer industry. Yes, I know how to enter codes correctly.

Jim, 20 years or 80 years in the computer industry doesn't mean you know which sabre codes to enter correctly. I just asked because I know some smart people who didn't get their choices because they didn't enter the codes in the format that was required and because I know extremely junior people who always get their desired days off.

Well, of course, you would know better than I what I did or did not enter.

Oh no, I wouldn't presume to tell you anything. After all you've worked for five other companies at 20 years each and you're probably one of the inventors of the internet........ :rolleyes:

As I said before I'd bid the 2000 lines but according to the bidsheet my base/division isn't offering it for June.

mikeBOS

Are you BOS-D or BOS-I? BOS-D has 5 2000-series lines on the bidsheet for May. BOS-I has none, but they do have 1 4000 line which is just regular Availability (aka PDF selection).

If BOS in your "handle" has nothing to do with where you are based, sorry. In the website blurb about the 2000 lines there was a statement that 2000 lines were only being offered in bases with an overage.

As near as I can tell, the only bases which did not get any 2000 lines are BOS-I, DCA-I, and LAX-I. For those of you in the other bases who are being reassigned on line months and working your fannies off on reserve months, I hope you take great comfort in knowing that the company considers your base (and mine) to be overstaffed. :lol:

SFO has 10 2000 lines
LAX has 11 at twice the head count

SFO f/as are pissed and rightfully so...the most expensive city in the system plagued with a healthy helpen of 2000 lines for the jr folk to choke on

someone at Allocations has some esplainen to do...

Are you BOS-D or BOS-I? BOS-D has 5 2000-series lines on the bidsheet for May. BOS-I has none, but they do have 1 4000 line which is just regular Availability (aka PDF selection).

If BOS in your "handle" has nothing to do with where you are based, sorry. In the website blurb about the 2000 lines there was a statement that 2000 lines were only being offered in bases with an overage.

As near as I can tell, the only bases which did not get any 2000 lines are BOS-I, DCA-I, and LAX-I. For those of you in the other bases who are being reassigned on line months and working your fannies off on reserve months, I hope you take great comfort in knowing that the company considers your base (and mine) to be overstaffed. :lol:

Sorry about that, I am International and was going to bid the 2000 since I don't care about maxing out, just planning on the days I get off in advance.

mikeBOS

Sorry about that, I am International and was going to bid the 2000 since I don't care about maxing out, just planning on the days I get off in advance.

mikeBOS

Well, the problem with the 2000 lines is that it would be pure happenstance if the days off you wanted were in fact plotted. The five lines at SLT have the days off plotted as either as a block of 4, a block of 3, and 3 blocks of 2 or as 2 blocks of 4, 1, block of 3, and 1 block of 2. Almost none of the days off are on a weekend which doesn't bother me, but it is important to a lot of people. And, all of the lines are good for the last 4 days of the month or the last 5.

Well, the problem with the 2000 lines is that it would be pure happenstance if the days off you wanted were in fact plotted. The five lines at SLT have the days off plotted as either as a block of 4, a block of 3, and 3 blocks of 2 or as 2 blocks of 4, 1, block of 3, and 1 block of 2. Almost none of the days off are on a weekend which doesn't bother me, but it is important to a lot of people. And, all of the lines are good for the last 4 days of the month or the last 5.

Jim,

How did the 2000 lines go in STL? In JFK they went:

4-17000 seniority
2-16,000
1-15000
1-14000
1-13000
1-11000

I would be curious to find out if they people in question bid it, bid 4000, or didn't bid.