Company to eliminate Availability Lines

If you served reserve in March then the company cannot put you back on again until July. You cannot be bumped on or scheduled on except by your own doing for 3 months following a month you served reserve.

Oh, ok. As I have been bumped off reserve before, I thought I could be bumped on as well. In any case, reduction of availability is going to make the reserve numbers go more senior.

ok believe what you want to believe. Even Jim a f/a pointed it out plane as day that there is not contractual obligation to AVBL lines. I think the saying goes to us Management drink company (Kool AAide). I tend to think sometimes some of you who do not care to read or research the contract. End up drinking the gAAley Kool Aide and let uninformed others make your mind up for you. That is why there are so many issues between Crewscheduling and Flight Attendants. There are plenty of Crewschedulers that have no clue what they are doing and make crap up. And there are plenty of F/A that do the same. there is not contractual abligation to keep AVBL lines.

What I posted above is straight out of the contract. So, how can this be "gAAley Kool-Aide" as you call it? All you need to do is read Article 10.S.1.a. page 158, it's clear as black and white. :blink:

No, there is no contractual obligation to keep AVBL. There is contractual obligation to keep the one/on-off and one/on and three off rotations, as stated in Article 10.S.1.a. page 158.

Trust me, it is not just roy who wants that. We all want that. They are accutually talking about changing the sk clear time? Wooooo Hoooooooo. Man I hope that changes. No reason it can't clear by 10 or 11a. That seems lke it would work so much better for all. AVBL will have acrack at the seq, MU on the first round can cover all the open time, We can trans, pair up or what ever before it is to late to do anything with the early depts. Man, that would be sweet. Which of course means it won't happen. Whats good for the company and actually makes sense never seems to happen.

Guys got to have dreams I guess.

Garf-Undersonnd...amd get this, I agree...(wow,hua..?)
but
the 1600 SK time is AGREED to by both parties...so there it will stay till the book is opened...and we all(apfa)shutter to think what will happen when that can of worms is open...

There is no benefit for us to hold trips. Not like we get commision on them depending on who gets them. If trips "pop" after 12n it is just coincidence. Sick calls, PO's, PE's, etc. Before we were told not to do it anymore most of us would go through the sick seq and look at the clear date. If it was a future date, we would go ahead and clear the trip early. AVBL will always be a crap shoot. People bomb in sick when ever. A trip might come open right after you plot, or one might never open. There is no way of knowing.

Rest assured, there is no conspiracy. We don’t hold back trips. We have too much going on to give a crap who gets what trip. As long as there is a warm body, we could not give a rats ass who flys what. Besides, the more trips that go prior to 12n, the shorter our MU list is and the happier we are.
Garf--You were "told" not to open up non-firm SK trips because its a CONTRACTUAL VIOLATION...seems, at times you take that book and its mutualy agreed upon terms pretty lightly... when it works for you all.....The "order" comes from people who are guarding whats left of the contract-we hope you will respect that and work within the rules..
AC

Garf--You were "told" not to open up non-firm SK trips because its a CONTRACTUAL VIOLATION...seems, at times you take that book and its mutualy agreed upon terms pretty lightly... when it works for you all.....The "order" comes from people who are guarding whats left of the contract-we hope you will respect that and work within the rules..
AC

I was told to do so by the seniors and then we were told by the seniors not to. I did not knowingly violate the contract and I do not violate the contract on a whim as you seem to be implying. I do as instructed. If we were as free to violate the contract as "you all" seem to think were are, things would be run quite a bit differently.

I was told to do so by the seniors and then we were told by the seniors not to. I did not knowingly violate the contract and I do not violate the contract on a whim as you seem to be implying. I do as instructed. If we were as free to violate the contract as "you all" seem to think were are, things would be run quite a bit differently.

...O dont I know it..

So which is it? Can't have it both ways.

Yes... you/we are bound by the contract, I would think tho-when someone, anyone, asks you to "violate" the contract by opening up SK trips early you might say....hummm....

but

no, it works for CRSKED so, you " do what you are told to do"
Lets not make this personal, the order was give to sease, and thats that...
AC

IIRC, the contract only specifies that sick must be cleared prior to 1600 to keep the sequence for the subsequent day. It does not refer to removing sequences prior to that time. Granted with the advent of the firm v. tentative one could assume that is what is ment but it does not specifically say anything.

It should be interesting to see what happens in the next few months. My friend who flies for AA was awarded the April 2006, JFK proffer and is currently in training for INTL. The instructors told the class that AA is going to have another JFK proffer this summer and it's going to be HUGE as they said.

With all of the domestic flight attendants going to INTL, how is AA going to keep the staffing up on the DOM side?

Just how many people was the proffer to JFK? As a furloughee I have no access to Sabre and would appreciate any numbers anyone could come up with, both for this and future proffers.

MK

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='364962' date='Mar 20 2006, 11:05 PM']With all of the domestic flight attendants going to INTL, how is AA going to keep the staffing up on the DOM side?[/quote]

I would imagine that eventually there will be a fair amount of fall offs and people forced back to domestic. Junior people being those forced back. Otherwise, we will eventually have a combined intl/dom system and junior people will really be flying crud. Just guessing.

I keep hearing about this "huge" proffer to JFK. We have big proffers every year in the spring to staff the seasonal flying that we do in the summer months. Maybe the rumors are true, but from past experience I don't think so.