New Payroll Numbers

Rebadging numbers is the ONLY way to go......eliminates any bias and preconceived opinions. I am only interested in working with people that are HERE to work, not tell me where they came from or how they used to do it at airline "X,Y or Z". Slotting people into deactivated employeee numbers was tried in the past and some of those people thought they could use that NUMBER to their advantage and circumvent the seniority system to their advantage.....and I should not have to check someones ACTUAL seniority everytime I report to work to "call them on it". (If people were honest about it that would be a different story)

I AGREE

They need to rebadge everyone. Do it alphabetically by last name, leaving enough holes to add people as they come on board. De identify everyone. You'd have to think twice about trashing some group not easily knowing where the listener hails from.

The Piedmont, Allegheny, PSA transition was a mess. I came from Eastern and had to listen to all the trash talking between groups that were, in reality, almost identical in every way. We're almost all much more alike than different.

It was only some of the PI people that had the problem with their emp. no. It's a non-issue to most I think.

It was only some of the PI people that had the problem with their emp. no. It's a non-issue to most I think.

you're kidding right? You are going to point fingers at an entire work group based on what?

that is utterly assinine. There are Allegheny/usair people that dont like the system either.
In the late 70's they started to recycle numbers, so a new hire in 79 could end up with a
2 digit or 3 digit number instead of the 5 digit numbers .

Rebadge, it's the only way to go. Eliminate the rhetoric.

Not true. Don't forget when they integrated the Trump Shuttle into the seniority list.

Going in alphabetical order would be a smart way to go, and you could do something similar to USwest with their letters for job or position.

I personally think it's time for re badging anyway. Most of us are walking around with id's that have such old pictures it's amazing that security even lets us through.

I get a chuckle out of my ID everytime I look at it....

Big glasses..BROWN HAIR!!!!! Heck, I've had gray
hair for 10 years! and....more than 10 pounds ago,
not gonna be too specific on that count...lol

The pic looks nothing like me,

What about crazy 8's how will we know

When you fly with us you will know! :groovy: Just kidding. I have to say I would love to loose the title of "crazy 8". It's no fun to have someones opinion set before you even show up. In the past I've always felt like I had to prove myself to be competent as a f/a.

I dont know how the f/a's who's payroll starts with "8" got the title Crazy 8.
They really are no worse than any other f/a.

I'd like to see rebadging done myself. Maybe keep the lettering system West has now and start over. Fun thing is, we cannot do that until all the seniority lists are integrated. Lord only knows how long that mess will take to figure out.

I have 21 years to go til retirement......think they can have it worked out by then? lol

I dont know how the f/a's who's payroll starts with "8" got the title Crazy 8.
They really are no worse than any other f/a.
Well unfortuneatly it was a small few that coined the phrase "crazy 8's" for the entire lot. Sadly, the ones that did, fit the bill. I think though for the most part, they have grown out of that mold. Of course, in PIT we dont have anymore crazy 8's. LOL

Latest posts

Back