New Route Application

ITRADE

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
DCA/IAD US2
www.geocities.com
US has applied for seasonal service (Saturday only) from Orlando to Bermuda.

They have asked that a dormant slot from ORD-BDA, DTW-BDA or MIA-BDA be reassigned to a gateway for MCO-BDA.

US will, by far, have the #1 quantity of service from the U.S. to BDA this summer.

Why all of the Attention around BDA?????

Is the "Bermuda Triangle" Alive and Well these Days ????

No need to Sell Assets....Just CLAIM THE INSURANCE !!!! :D

Well since US is selling off the SHUTTLE , a hub and other assets I heard that they are going to be the Carrier of Choice just for the Caribbean and give up all flying in the continental United States.

Ya Man!!

(totally tongue in cheek for those that think I'm serious)

:D B)

ITRADE said:

They have asked that a dormant slot from ORD-BDA, DTW-BDA or MIA-BDA be reassigned to a gateway for MCO-BDA.

US will, by far, have the #1 quantity of service from the U.S. to BDA this summer.
From what I read in the newspapers, this airline might not make the 90-day mark.

Did you happen to miss the news? Or are you speculating what might be?

1990Supra said:
ITRADE said:

From what I read in the newspapers, this airline might not make the 90-day mark.

What news sources and information are you referring to?

He is referring to Bully-Bronner himself....who stated the next 60-90 days will tell if U-S Airways survives or not. Quote, "I will not let it slowly bleed to death." Yeah....right Mr. Chapter 7.

I think the new route application will be more like PIT-MOJAVE, CLT-MOJAVE, PHL-MOJAVE etc...etc.... :huh:

E-TRONS said:
He is referring to Bully-Bronner himself....who stated the next 60-90 days will tell if U-S Airways survives or not. Quote, "I will not let it slowly bleed to death." Yeah....right Mr. Chapter 7.

I think the new route application will be more like PIT-MOJAVE, CLT-MOJAVE, PHL-MOJAVE etc...etc.... :huh:
60 to 90 days does not mean that the shut down on day 90. It would be the period in which Bronner/BOD will review the plan and assess how things will be likely to go down. Basically everybody concurs that things would not start occurring until at least June 2004.

Aircraft 428AU (B737-400) will soon be doing the less than lucrative PIT to MHV/GYR route soon enough. :down:

The engines are being swapped out to place the origional ones that came on it...back on it. This of course means an immediate return to the leasing company...no if , ands or buts about it.

Then we add in the rate of burn on timed out Airbus 319's.....and we still have a violation of the 279 aircraft fleet agreement. Where are the unions on this issue?

A/C 428 according to Merlin is being lease returned, the company has gone out and released the eight Airbii that were returned to Finova and State Street Bank.

And I believe all the unions are awaiting the outcome of the Appeal before addressing the 279 issues.

ITRADE,

These robber-barrons have employed nothing but strong-arm tactics, fear mongering, outright deceit, extortion and threats all along. To think Bronner and Seigel will adhere to any sort of business protocol is foolish.

Seigel will do whatever his rich-brat boss tells him to....that has become rather evident. And that includes tanking the company without notice.

Please recall the comittment to the PIT Airport Authority concerning the leases USAirways was obligated to.......the leases that were rejected 20 minutes prior to exiting bankruptcy. That is how these pirates do business. I expect nothing different this time around.

with ac428 going out of busniess, how many aircraft do we have left and is it enough to do the mco-bda run? i'm surprised we still have any jets left in the mainline fleet!

robbedagain said:
with ac428 going out of busniess, how many aircraft do we have left and is it enough to do the mco-bda run? i'm surprised we still have any jets left in the mainline fleet!
I you noticed the number of idle Acft sitting on the CLT hangar ramp on a given saturday...you would feel confident about freeing up something for a once a week jaunt to BDA at present....however , inspite of the fact that acft are returning from lessors...this cannot keep up with the rate of burn over the outsourcing debate itself.

1990Supra said:
ITRADE said:

To answer your other question, I'm basing it on what WAS the case last summer.

US was flying non-stops from FLL, CLT, DCA, PHL, LGA, and BOS.