New Route Application

Because Bob the unions are not going to force the issue of 279 until the appellate court rules and the BOD has given Dave the autbority to re-lease 8 airbii, which they have three and one of them got parked last week and the other two get parked tomorrow.

And no one has filed a grievance against the 279 yet and a judge does not rule on our grievances so Bob, why do you post wrong thing?

Now fellas....

Bob, I guess that means I didn't run that stop sign unless a judge says so.

Now I'm just a farm boy that happened to go to flight school, but logic tells me that an airplane in MX could be waiting on parts, delayed by a backup in other work, etc. Waiting on some ultimate judicial ruling on who will do the MX seems to be a different thing.

Having said that, I suspect - no, that's too strong a word. I wonder if there aren't bigger fires to worry about than the fleet count, at least so far. There is the minimum block hour requirement and my math says that only 257 planes averaging 10 hours per day will meet that. Of course, this is an annual requirement and therefore susceptible to fudging too.

Just my thoughts...

Jim

OK Bill, back on topic...

Haven't been to BDA so don't personally know if new route is good or bad but it seems like most of the on-topic posts are favorable.

I do know that this Saturday-only flying helps A/C utilization. It's a little frustrating to get off an airplane at 4 - 4:30 on a Saturday and find that the plane sits the rest of the day.

Jim

Yesterday, DOT granted four US Airways applications.

The new one:

Authority for US to place its code on United flights to BKK and SIN.

Renewals:

Authority for US to fly from BWI, PHL, CLT, PIT, and (IIRC) BOS to CUN.

ringmaruf said:
UA suddenly felt the need to start ORD-BDA and is opposing US's application to make MCO a gateway instead of one of the existing unused gateways. :down:
Interestingly, the Embassy of the United Kingdom has weighed in and has filed in support of US Airways application and has propsed a slight modification to the route authorities to allow the service.

This morning, DOT granted US Airways request to fly saturday service from Orlando to Bermuda. Since the U.K. and U.S. governments exchanged letters of agreement on the routing, there was no need to substitute "gateways" per Bermuda II.

So, United keeps its ORD-BDA authority, and US Airways gets its MCO-BDA authority.

Nice to see the U.K. Embassy went to bat for US.