New Seasonal Service Announced

Philjr said:
tadjr said:
:up: Thax for the info Tadjr
Yeah. thanks for the info! These are the kind of routes US needs to be doing! BDA-MCO/FLL/BWI/BOS/LGA/DCA. When oh when will we begin BDL-SJU service? I know AA does it, but BDL has one of the largest Puerto Rican populations in the United States. I now that we can fill a A319 on that one! Other point to point flights I would like to see are: BOS-BGI/MEX/PUJ/MSY/LAX/SFO/LAS/FRA/CDG.....BDL-SJU/LAX/SFO.....BWI-AUA/BGI/NAS/SJU.....MCO-YUL/YYZ/LGW/FRA. Im almost sure I know we can make money going from MCO-LGW and FRA even if it is almost all tourist fares. Just my two cents worth.

I am glad to see that we are taking the intiative (finally) to increase capacity during major events in a city. I have said many times that I thought that station managers should work with marketing to adjust station capacity during special events. Things like superbowl and mardi-gras are a great start, but what about various nascar events, college football, races, conventions, etc. Things like the furniture mart in GSO where DL comes in and touts the tremendous increase in service and we sit there with the sme number of seats every day. We need to be much more inovative with our schedules for events like this.

Agreed. If you remember correctly though, US did substantially increase service to AGS during the Master's last year. This was about the same schedule as what was offered last time. Additionally, IIRC, they had some agents from CLT or CHS or somewhere volunteer to travel down to AGS and staff the station during the influx.

But in any event, I do concur that events like the DNC and RNC conventions, the Superbowl, the World Series, and other large, scheduled events deserve additional service.

The other thing is that the additional flights from CLT were 733's last year, it sounds like this years additional flying is all express. Why wouldn't we add a few mainline flights?

Because Dave is too busy parking mainline aircraft instead of having our mechanics overhaul them.

701, 702 and 703 all at GYR, soon to follow 704. 705, 706, 707 and 101.

didnt us have at one point a bos-lgw or bos-fra run? why not try something like that? just not with the little 50 seater erjs!!!

Great News for AGS. I remember last year they had 2 737's flying in full, and had great staff from other stations working the counter- hope they get them again this year!

Dave

the only non AGS agent that worked the counter last year was from LAN, and LAN was drpped NOV 1, 2003- so unless they took a job at another PSA station, I doubt they'll be back.

:(

Latest posts

Back