new service

Status
Not open for further replies.
----------------
On 8/20/2002 3:46:03 AM

Well, I looked at the Sept 4 sked change for JFK and it doesn't look that bad.GIG is gone, but we knew that was coming.LAX and SFO lose 1 each,SJU is at 7 daily.1 LHR trip has been pruned.
----------------
Miami will gladly take the extra LHR slot.

----------------
On 8/20/2002 1:01:37 AM

I know from a very reliable source AA is adding a new destination from Miami in the coming couple months. Any one care to guess. I wasn't able to pry the city or region. I hope for the sake of the Miami international bid sheet, that its a long haul flight.
----------------
Hey Mike..haven't heard anything new for IMA but I thought that the extra NRT slot is the one going to LAX next year for their trip. Carty's message in American Way mentions that, and also the completion of the LAX terminal remodel. By the way, nice to find a fellow 9139er on here!!!!!

Tim

[;)]

This is kind of early, but I was looking at the schedules for next spring and summer in sabre, and it showed all US-LHR flights operated by 777s. Both BOS-LHR and even the EWR-LHR is a 777.

Any chance of MIA-FRA coming back.....[:)] [:)]

----------------
On 8/21/2002 8:17:21 PM

Looks like Alaska is adding MIA-SEA non-stop this fall.
----------------

Yes, it's official now. So, what's AA going to do ?

a) "Well, Alaska, we're going out of business anyway so you can just have this route, along with most of the West Coast flying that we used to do. Screw the Aadvantage members and other customers that we attracted in the past with our West Coast service; we don't want'em anymore. You can have it all."

OR

B) "Who needs enemies when we have friends like you ? Prepare for WAR !"

Don't Advantage members earn milage on Alaska. I thought we had some sort of deal with AS anyway. I have been workig ANC all this month and we have a lot of people that are connecting to little frozen places all over Alaska on our flight and the tickets are all AA ticket stock?

----------------
On 8/21/2002 9:48:09 PM

Don't Advantage members earn milage on Alaska. I thought we had some sort of deal with AS anyway. I have been workig ANC all this month and we have a lot of people that are connecting to little frozen places all over Alaska on our flight and the tickets are all AA ticket stock?

----------------

Yes, Aadvantage members earn elite status miles on Alaska, but AS has used that to effectively drive AA out of West Coast markets. AS drove AA mainline out of SJC-SEA and SJC-PDX because Aadvantage members could take the cheaper AS flights instead and still earn their status miles. Granted, AA was caught with their pants down in the dot-bomb collapse and couldn't survive on those routes once the high fares disappeared, but nevertheless, AS runs like 10x daily between SJC-SEA, SFO-SEA, LAX-SEA, and AA is gone from the market. So it goes to show that AS is no longer a friendly little regional airline with which AA can afford to freely share its FF base... AA needs to start treating AS like the competitive threat that they are.

Let's remember we code-share with JAL on there 11 weekly flights from JFK-NRT. AA, JAL,ANA, UA, and NW all fly nonstop to NRT from JFK, adding another AA doesn't seem all that prudent. Another issue is Tokyo is 10 time zones away from New York, Most of these plane leave at noon plus or minus an hour, these flights get to NRT at 4 or 5 pm. You can't schedule a dinner hour flight to NRT it would arrive to late, too early in the morning would be of little value. So the schedule and distance make so all these flights leave at about the same time. CAL flies from EWR, so the only major airline missing the New York to Tokyo route is Delta, they flew it from the Spring of 2001 until 10/31/01. 9/11 did DAL in on JFk and LAX to NRT, too bad for DAL, AA took over the routes for nothing, it could have paid. Bos would round out AA's routs to Japan nicely, MIA would be the only missing link.

If you had the opportunity to fly to NRT from any US city which would it be for AA? MIA, BOS, STL, LAX OR STL, this is easy, the biggest destination for Japanesse and the biggest traffic generator for traffic to Tokyo AA doesn't already serve. The biggest traffic generator is going to be on the pacific ocean not the east coast( maybe JFK), LAX is the obvious choice. Unless some big St. Louis corporation like, Anhauser Busch, suddenly buys a huge block of tickets, tens of millions of dollars,there no chance of STL -NRT soon. If a situation like the RDU-LGW presents itself then that changes the entire dynamic of the thing. RDU-LGW is a 777 in the summer and a 763 in the winter with traffic from a pharmasutical firm.

----------------
On 8/24/2002 10:25:26 AM

If you had the opportunity to fly to NRT from any US city which would it be for AA? MIA, BOS, STL, LAX OR STL, this is easy, the biggest destination for Japanesse and the biggest traffic generator for traffic to Tokyo AA doesn't already serve. The biggest traffic generator is going to be on the pacific ocean not the east coast( maybe JFK), LAX is the obvious choice. Unless some big St. Louis corporation like, Anhauser Busch, suddenly buys a huge block of tickets, tens of millions of dollars,there no chance of STL -NRT soon. If a situation like the RDU-LGW presents itself then that changes the entire dynamic of the thing. RDU-LGW is a 777 in the summer and a 763 in the winter with traffic from a pharmasutical firm.
----------------

RDU-LGW is a 777 year-round. Also, LAX-NRT is now officialy in the sched. AA 169/170 starting 02Apr03. I would not look for STL-NRT, ever. I think MIA and BOS will eventually get NRT service from AA, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.