New system protection

B

bagsmasher

*** After we have reached agreement on all 7 TWU contracts, the parties will establish a new system protection date to be used after the one-time system protection relief needed for these work rule changes.

Can anyone tell me what this means? It sounds to me like no one will get $12,500 if laid off due to implementation of this agreement, but after that they would?

Any interpretation out there? Maybe we should call Mr. Kasher for interpretation of our contract language again.

It just means that the company can lay off some people that were not able to be touched under the previous contract due to the system protection clause. Don''t take my word for it, but I don''t think this has anything to do with the $12,500.

----------------
On 3/31/2003 5:22:52 PM Connected1 wrote:

It just means that the company can lay off some people that were not able to be touched under the previous contract due to the system protection clause. Don''t take my word for it, but I don''t think this has anything to do with the $12,500.

----------------​
-----------------------------------------------------------

Connected;
You did''nt "spark up" that crack pipe again, did you ???????

When the first missle was shot out of a torpedo tube, (from one of our "nukes"), and broke the surface, heading for "the wild blue yonder", our $12,500 went along for the ride !!!!!!!

"SO SORRY(union brother and sisters), FORCE MAJURE, YOU KNOW" !!!!!!!!!

NH/BB''s

Bags is talking about the new deal, not force majeure. Perhaps I am behind on my news, but I don''t think that we ever invoked force majeure for the sake of getting these contracts done more quickly. As far as I know, the $12,500 is still in place - we just can''t RIF anyone right now because of the system protection limitation.

I''m probably not the best informed guy on this issue, but I do know that we are/were carrying extra heads after the last RIF due to system protection.

System protection does not mean that the Company cannot lay off right now. 30 FSC''s got their layoff notices this week at MCIE, and 12 of them were original AAer''s with system protection. As far as we know, the $12,500 is still in place.

----------------
On 4/1/2003 9:15:01 AM Connected1 wrote:

Bags is talking about the new deal, not force majeure. Perhaps I am behind on my news, but I don''t think that we ever invoked force majeure for the sake of getting these contracts done more quickly. As far as I know, the $12,500 is still in place - we just can''t RIF anyone right now because of the system protection limitation.

----------------​

Connected1;
Out of respect for you, I''ll defer on the $12,500, because I don''t have anything in "black and white" to back up my claim.
BUT,
I gotta tell ya'' that I''d be shocked beyond belief, given a WAR, and this "new deal" that we''re about to vote on, that gives AA a "pass" on article 42(job security, which drives the $12,500 language), If our wonderful employer will be "cutting" $12,500 checks any day soon.

Regards,
NH/BB''s

Connected 1
We are working short everday we have holes that are not being filled. People on vacation and no-one to fill their spot. Others on ID. This is a great one. The walking wounded back injuries and shoulder injuries most common. They are made to come into work are, on a "no lifting restriction" sit there all day, but hey "you have a body so you won''t get a replacement to fill the hole". And no, we don''t have those desk jobs where people can be productive.
They say [manning control] "we ain''t got anybody to give you". "Work it out the best you can" is another response we often get. So we bite the bullet and do the best we can but sometimes it just doesn''t get done.

They want the elimination of the $12,500.00 in place before the big layoff numbers come.

Bags,
I don''t know for sure but I beleive the $12-5 goes away or it will be limited to a new protected date. That being a lot higher seniority date.
Our bottom full time FSC at DFW is Jul 92. There have been so many retiring here lately that it is creating a severe shortage. They are holding 6 hr OT almost on a daily basis. Some areas are short 15 to 20% everyday. This generates a lot of OT. I know of some guys with 64hrs OT since FEB 1st.
We have had 48 CCs retire since Feb 1st. I moved up 49 spots on the list but guess what, they are not replacing the 48 laid-off. So I''ll still never see good days off.

----------------
On 4/1/2003 10:40:32 AM DFWCC wrote:

Connected 1
We are working short everday we have holes that are not being filled. People on vacation and no-one to fill their spot. Others on ID. This is a great one. The walking wounded back injuries and shoulder injuries most common. They are made to come into work are, on a "no lifting restriction" sit there all day, but hey "you have a body so you won''t get a replacement to fill the hole". And no, we don''t have those desk jobs where people can be productive.
They say [manning control] "we ain''t got anybody to give you". "Work it out the best you can" is another response we often get. So we bite the bullet and do the best we can but sometimes it just doesn''t get done.
----------------​
Yeah, I remember hearing that attrition had run its course. However, I''m sure you can understand that the company is hesitant to hire back people that they are likely to lay off as soon as the concessions go into effect. Hopefully things will get better for you in the next couple of months.

----------------
On 4/1/2003 10:40:32 AM DFWCC wrote:

Connected 1
And no, we don''t have those desk jobs where people can be productive.

----------------​

Exactly what I say everyday, we have CC''s at JFK who sit around playing cards, or in the corner sleeping while supervisors scurry around trying to avoid having any reprimand issues with the TWU.

I hope the new and improved contract deals with this gross negligence pronto, or we may still end up in the p''oh house.

I dont think interpretation is possible with the language in our contract. im still waitin on my 12,500 grievance for being relocated after 9/11.what kind of language is national war emergency? lol

It means that once this is signed, anyone with 97 or less is gone. If they can bump it will be on their own dime. When they do come back they get to work for 20% less, gradually increasing to 26% in 2008.

With the language that allows the company to take away lisence pay the first to go will be all the OSMs. Without the lisence an A&P makes the same as a topped out OSM. The A&P is more valuable and harder to replace so the company will make an effort to keep as many as possible. When the company starts to expand they will just boot the A&Ps out of the shops again and get new OSMs.