AFA Tentative Details Released

Penalty pay for violations sounds good but how long will it take to see the $$ ? Is it like filing a grievance and winning but you've already been screwed? No thanks.
Also, weekend touch is gone but now it's holiday touch ? If you're not senior enough to hold a holiday off then you're stuck with it. That's the way I read it.

Holiday touch hasnt changed lol Weekend touch is gone. Cant have it all my friend! There are other jobs out there that tell you your work rules if you prefer! Real World 101

It is nice to see the hypocrisy. FA's who routinely post in the pilots thread telling pilots that they have no right to post in a FA thread...gotta love it... :lol:

Maybe the pilots can get a provision that only working FA's can sit on the cabin jumpseat - wouldn't that be some karma? Oh...and FA couldn't post on that subject since it's a pilot thread...

Jim

I am not totally sure that is the point of some here. I don't think everyone is agaist people that are not flight attendants posting here, just that the conversation is specifically about the details of the flight attendant agreement. Of course as pointed out there is provisions that will change the rules for the flight attendant junpseat. It is fair game for sure as it does affect half of the pilots in a negative way. Unfortunately this conversation has once again become a personal pilot argument that has taken away from the meat of the subject which it how this total agreement affects the flight attendant group. It is not just about the jumpseat issue, although it should be figured into the equation as it could affect them in unintended ways as evident by the conversation the last couple of pages.

I posted in a parallel thread to this I think, (hard to keep track) that my personal opinion is that I believe jump seate jumpseat opend be opent to pilots as long as it does not bump a flight attendant. Oh I actually found it. I hate to post myself but I also hate to write another book on the subject, so here it is:

A quote from Admiral James Stockdale in the 92 vice presidential debate about sums up the last couple pages of this thread. " I feel I am an observer at a ping pong game"! It has once again become a pilot argument over an issue, while I am sure is important (jump seat) should not be the main focus of conversation here. I don't know how all your rules work here. It appears the east coast folks had it as a contractual provision for a long time. The west folks allowed other folks to occupy this seat if it did not affect a flight attendant. My personal opinion for what it is worth would be as long as you do not bump a flight attendant it makes no sense to leave someone behind. Perhaps limiting to only US Airways pilots. That being said you as a flight attendant should be allowed in the cockpit as long as it does not take away from a pilot. Someone mentioned about DHS rules or whatever agency with three letter acronyms may be involved. IF the parties really wanted (company/union) I am sure after lots of lobbying it could accomplished. I think that is the key though. Probably not much interest with either party to spend the time and money on trying to make it happen. Maybe someday who knows. Also of note here. I would think that after almost seven years of negotiating that nobody should have been blind sided on this issue. I would certainly think that the west negotiators could have somehow thrown smoke signals or something to the folks that might loose this benefit. It could have actually been a moment where the pilots might have come together for a brief moment to work with the flight attendant union on this issue. It just seems like this could have been one shining moment that could have benefited all parties.

Alas, that is not what this thread is about though. It is about the ENTIRE AFA tentative agreement
."

So, while hypocrisy does exsist here, there is a faint message from some about the real issues. Hopefully people will be able to distinguish the two.

I am not totally sure that is the point of some here.

The point is that there are 2 or 3 FA's that post regularly in the pilot thread but have pointedly told pilots to stay out of FA issues and this thread in particular. While I recognize that this thread discusses issues of importance to FA's, the tentative does take a benefit away from pilots. You can be sure that if a pilot tentative is ever reached and it takes something away from FA's, those 2 or 3 will be among the first to comment about it and won't care that it's a "pilots" thread.

Jim

The point is that there are 2 or 3 FA's that post regularly in the pilot thread but have pointedly told pilots to stay out of FA issues and this thread in particular. While I recognize that this thread discusses issues of importance to FA's, the tentative does take a benefit away from pilots. You can be sure that if a pilot tentative is ever reached and it takes something away from FA's, those 2 or 3 will be among the first to comment about it and won't care that it's a "pilots" thread.

Jim

Yes, it does look like this TA does take away a benefit away from the"west" pilots. And who knows....maybe that will change down the road. I don't know.

They are so many issues at stake here...most if not all really do not have this issue on their radar. I find it hard to believe that anyone would vote this TA up or down based on this one fact alone.

This TA has it's good and bad points and we'll just have research and ask a lot of questions and vote according.

Reactions: 2 people
I am not totally sure that is the point of some here. I don't think everyone is agaist people that are not flight attendants posting here, just that the conversation is specifically about the details of the flight attendant agreement. Of course as pointed out there is provisions that will change the rules for the flight attendant junpseat. It is fair game for sure as it does affect half of the pilots in a negative way. Unfortunately this conversation has once again become a personal pilot argument that has taken away from the meat of the subject which it how this total agreement affects the flight attendant group. It is not just about the jumpseat issue, although it should be figured into the equation as it could affect them in unintended ways as evident by the conversation the last couple of pages.

I posted in a parallel thread to this I think, (hard to keep track) that my personal opinion is that I believe jump seate jumpseat opend be opent to pilots as long as it does not bump a flight attendant. Oh I actually found it. I hate to post myself but I also hate to write another book on the subject, so here it is:

A quote from Admiral James Stockdale in the 92 vice presidential debate about sums up the last couple pages of this thread. " I feel I am an observer at a ping pong game"! It has once again become a pilot argument over an issue, while I am sure is important (jump seat) should not be the main focus of conversation here. I don't know how all your rules work here. It appears the east coast folks had it as a contractual provision for a long time. The west folks allowed other folks to occupy this seat if it did not affect a flight attendant. My personal opinion for what it is worth would be as long as you do not bump a flight attendant it makes no sense to leave someone behind. Perhaps limiting to only US Airways pilots. That being said you as a flight attendant should be allowed in the cockpit as long as it does not take away from a pilot. Someone mentioned about DHS rules or whatever agency with three letter acronyms may be involved. IF the parties really wanted (company/union) I am sure after lots of lobbying it could accomplished. I think that is the key though. Probably not much interest with either party to spend the time and money on trying to make it happen. Maybe someday who knows. Also of note here. I would think that after almost seven years of negotiating that nobody should have been blind sided on this issue. I would certainly think that the west negotiators could have somehow thrown smoke signals or something to the folks that might loose this benefit. It could have actually been a moment where the pilots might have come together for a brief moment to work with the flight attendant union on this issue. It just seems like this could have been one shining moment that could have benefited all parties.

Alas, that is not what this thread is about though. It is about the ENTIRE AFA tentative agreement
."

So, while hypocrisy does exsist here, there is a faint message from some about the real issues. Hopefully people will be able to distinguish the two.

Excellent post.

Uh oh. Looks like grandma got her panties in a tangle.

You see what I mean about the quality of some FAs. ggiby is the perfect example of why your profession has lost respect. This volley of verbal diarrhea shows what gets into an aircraft and is responsible for a passenger's safety.

She's so pitiful that she ends up quoting her own post in the end.

I feel a bit sorry for her. And she thinks that her being senior means something to mean if that's what she was trying to spit out. Those last few posts were borderline psychotic.

It's time she retired.

Yes the remark was not of quality I agree. You continue to insult many here on this board who have opinions. And people can agree to disagree. When at work I am a professional, and take my job seriously. As all safety professionals do. Its too bad we can't block those who's comments are not some we wish to see. Yours being on my list.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes the remark was not of quality I agree. You continue to insult many here on this board who have opinions. And people can agree to disagree. When at work I am a professional, and take my job seriously. As all safety professionals do. Its too bad we can't block those who's comments are not some we wish to see. Yours being on my list.

This board has an ignore feature. Next time you want to spout off maybe you should do a few seconds of research first.

Holiday touch hasnt changed lol Weekend touch is gone. Cant have it all my friend! There are other jobs out there that tell you your work rules if you prefer! Real World 101
The pilots have to actually touch the holiday. The F/As could trip improve into the trip touching the holiday and it would drop. So if i had a trip Dec. 22-25 I could touch the 22nd and the trip would be gone. Now in this new T/A we have to touch the actual day. No lol there.