New United Livery?

unitednewbeauty.jpg

Reportedly debuting on a 777 (at the paint location in AMA right now) and CRJ in early february!

ua777new3.jpg

uax1.jpg

ua777new4.jpg

To add to the theories, UAL has a news site to order company logo apparel and other items. When you go to the site is has selections for UNITED, TED and STAR ALLIANCE items. The only active catalog is the TED site. The United and Star links take you to a page that says "Coming in February 2004". This would lead me to think that the page will be opened when the new livery is rolled out. Just my guess but I like the reported changes. Can not wait to see one in person.

Of course we always say "you can tell the paint scheme from the cockpit." But it is nice to think of a fresh new look for our jets. I think the 757 will look really nice in this paint (of course the 757 looks good in just about any paint, HA!).

Also, I am reading alot of rumors on the ALPA site that there is a deal for A321's coming soon. Anyone have any information to confirm or deny?

Thanks

magsau said:
To add to the theories, UAL has a news site to order company logo apparel and other items. When you go to the site is has selections for UNITED, TED and STAR ALLIANCE items. The only active catalog is the TED site. The United and Star links take you to a page that says "Coming in February 2004". This would lead me to think that the page will be opened when the new livery is rolled out. Just my guess but I like the reported changes. Can not wait to see one in person.

Of course we always say "you can tell the paint scheme from the cockpit." But it is nice to think of a fresh new look for our jets. I think the 757 will look really nice in this paint (of course the 757 looks good in just about any paint, HA!).

Also, I am reading alot of rumors on the ALPA site that there is a deal for A321's coming soon. Anyone have any information to confirm or deny?

Thanks
757 *does* look good. :)

ua757new2.jpg

magsau said:

Thanks
From what I've heard, the A321 deal is only a contract change that allows the co. to fly them at A32X (737) pay rates.

No word on when the company can or will actually order them. Prob not in Ch 11...

united777new3.jpg

Not sure if the color Pearl White is available, but would like to see something like that on top of the blue

FlyTed said:
From what I've heard, the A321 deal is only a contract change that allows the co. to fly them at A32X (737) pay rates.

No word on when the company can or will actually order them. Prob not in Ch 11...

The current rumor is that at least two v2500 equipped A321s have been seen in UAL colors at a paint shop and a storage facility. A further rumor is that Tilton told a UAL pilot that Airbus offered UAL a deal on A321s that they just couldn't pass up. Again, these are just rumors; the source is the cousin of a friend's wife's father's barber. :D

How rumors run the mill.... I, too, heard this rumor. The "rumor" I heard was: Airbus has offered United a contract similar to the original (supposed) JetBlue contract. United flies the planes now and pays later. The whole United story has been like a soap opera, can't wait to see what happens next. Stay tuned........

A321s, now that does make some sense, I heard through bankruptcy we were losing some 757s. Not to mention Boeing has killed the 757 line. And not to mention the 757s UA operates are not the youngest. Then add the cost saving of common pilot training for the Airbus narrow body fleet, even more of a win for the company.

Question, are all UA pilots that fly 757s type rated also for the 767s or vice versa? And the obvious follow up, do UA pilots make the same hourly rate flying a 767 as 757 or is different depending on the aircraft?

TravelDude said:
A321s, now that does make some sense, I heard through bankruptcy we were losing some 757s. Not to mention Boeing has killed the 757 line. And not to mention the 757s UA operates are not the youngest. Then add the cost saving of common pilot training for the Airbus narrow body fleet, even more of a win for the company.

Question, are all UA pilots that fly 757s type rated also for the 767s or vice versa? And the obvious follow up, do UA pilots make the same hourly rate flying a 767 as 757 or is different depending on the aircraft?
Under the contract, there are 3 pay scales are:

737-A32X
757-767
777-747

Can any pilots elaborate?

FlyTed said:
Under the contract, there are 3 pay scales are:

737-A32X
757-767
777-747

Can any pilots elaborate?
There are 3 pay scales.

737 & A320/319 are separate fleets. The pilots are paid the same.

757/767 are considered one fleet.

777 & 747 are separate fleets. The pilots are paid the same.

I see they have painted the Star Alliance aircraft. All white with STAR ALLIANCE across the whole side. Star Alliance logo on the tail. It looks much better than it did before.

Coming to an airport near you soon.

Even though I fly for the east coast U(formerly P), I have fond memories of the "old" United colors. As a kid of about 10 or 11 yrs. old, I remember riding on a DC-8 to the west coast and on to Hawaii. The most unusual part of the trip was riding in a lounge section with club seating. I still have a photo my parents took of me flying backwards(facing aft) all the way to Hawaii. Great memories. It's nice to see United in the "old" font again.