New United Livery?

I agee with the "old" paint job. Would really like to see a UAL retro paint job, similar to what AA did with the 737 and 757 in the Astrojet paint. A UAL 777 in the Bars and Star from the 70's would be a nice look........

magsau said:
I agee with the "old" paint job. Would really like to see a UAL retro paint job, similar to what AA did with the 737 and 757 in the Astrojet paint. A UAL 777 in the Bars and Star from the 70's would be a nice look........
When I have some time I will do a 777 paint kit of "United's Bold past".

The 777 will be painted in:
- 1930s mainliner colors
- Boeing 720 Delivery Colors
- 1970s Stars and Bars Friendship Colors
- 1970s-1990s Saul Bass colors

The first in a series... check my webpage for more in the future.

777main4.jpg

230UA,

Thanks so much for the pics. I have put those on my computer background. Excellent work. Sure wish I knew how you do that......Sorta like watching a magician.

I you ever have time to teach drop me an message.

Thanks again. They look brillant

very cool n230ua! i'm very impressed. wouldn't it be cool to have a plane represent all of the previous liveries?

ok - so when the f are they unveiling the new design???????? Sunday is feb 1 so it's gotta happen in 29 days...

UnitedChicago said:
very cool n230ua! i'm very impressed. wouldn't it be cool to have a plane represent all of the previous liveries?

ok - so when the f are they unveiling the new design???????? Sunday is feb 1 so it's gotta happen in 29 days...
777main01.jpg

It will be unveiled somewhere between Feb 12 and Feg 18, inclusive.

It's supposed to roll out of the paint shop at AMA on the 11th...

Anyone have an update on when the NEW livery will be unvailed officially? Also, I heard a rumor that a 777 is sitting in a hangar painted up all pretty for its debut. Who is going to be the first stud to post a real pic of the new livery not an artists rendering!

The graphics are great. It would be nice to se a new livery BUT they have some in house money management issues to deal with first. Remember in any future graphics that all Airbus aircraft must have paint on all surfaces. This is due to the extensive use of composites(both Airbus and Boeing) and the metal skin areas on Airbus do not have "cladding"(thin film of pure aluminum for corrosion protection) on them. This information is meant to assist you in your graphic endeavors. Again I will state they look great. My vote is for the "Stars and Bars"

The intial photo formation flight with the Lear jet this morning was delayed until Saturday afternoon account they were having trouble removing masking tape on the plane due to the cold temperature in AMA. After some delay, the early morning light they were shooting for was lost as the sun rose into the North Texas sky so the flight is now delayed until later this afternoon. :D

Jetphotos said:
The intial photo formation flight with the Lear jet this morning was delayed until Saturday afternoon account they were having trouble removing masking tape on the plane due to the cold temperature in AMA. After some delay, the early morning light they were shooting for was lost as the sun rose into the North Texas sky so the flight is now delayed until later this afternoon. :D
Thanks for the great information...keep us posted! I am sooo excited to see the new livery!
:D