700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
'New' US Airways debuts today
Airline to offer more flights in Philadelphia, Charlotte and Florida
Sunday, February 06, 2005
By Dan Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Today is transformation day for US Airways -- the beginning of a big route reconfiguration designed to make the nation's seventh-largest airline more productive, more competitive and more profitable

Click for story

Does anyone know which cities are receiving additional flights from CLT? Any new cities being added to make up the 56 new flights?

Dan Fitzpatrick said:
Shortening the time its large jets stay on the ground by 15 percent, from 65 minutes to 55, and lengthening the hours an average plane spends in the air to 11.5 hours from 10.5 hours per day.
Oh, goodie! Now the airplanes will only be on the ground twice as long as WN, AS, and DL. :rolleyes: Some transformation.

Seems like the new Rolling PHL Hub is running much better this morning. I just looked at a random sampling of flights and out to off times were averaging 14 minutes up to 9am and 21 minutes up to noon. Average out to off delays in the banking hub were 30-45 minutes. Most flights I checked were arriving down line anywhere from 15-45 minutes EARLY!

This is a Sunday morning, but hopefully we will still see this kind of performance on a weekday schedule.

FINALLY!!!!!!

MarkMyWords said:
Seems like the new Rolling PHL Hub is running much better this morning. I just looked at a random sampling of flights and out to off times were averaging 14 minutes up to 9am and 21 minutes up to noon. Average out to off delays in the banking hub were 30-45 minutes. Most flights I checked were arriving down line anywhere from 15-45 minutes EARLY!

This is a Sunday morning, but hopefully we will still see this kind of performance on a weekday schedule.

FINALLY!!!!!!
[post="245848"][/post]​

Well, MMW, you've been advocating this for years. So best wishes.... I swear we've all been chatting about this for years. Good luck all.

Checking FLL flights and they seem to be having a good start of operations today too. No delay greater then 4 minutes. The only international service on mianline for today is SDQ and SJU.

Way to go FLL!

We were 30 min early this moring into PHL from BTV, we had parkers and a jetway person. Hope it stays this way. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had friends going from PHL to PUJ on flight 467 today......the flight left the gate 5 min early....14 min out to off.....and they arrived 1:02 EARLY!! And they got their bags! LOL

mweiss said:
Dan Fitzpatrick said:
Shortening the time its large jets stay on the ground by 15 percent, from 65 minutes to 55, and lengthening the hours an average plane spends in the air to 11.5 hours from 10.5 hours per day.
Oh, goodie! Now the airplanes will only be on the ground twice as long as WN, AS, and DL. :rolleyes: Some transformation.
[post="245844"][/post]​

I am sure on average US is better than or equal to DL.

With international and TransAtlantic flights, the average will always be above WN, B6 and the like. The key is how do they compare domestically with someone like HP?

bankernclt said:
Does anyone know which cities are receiving additional flights from CLT? Any new cities being added to make up the 56 new flights?
[post="245830"][/post]​

i heard that there will be a avp to clt flt but not sure what aircraft will fly it and i do know that in april abe will get 2 rjs to clt in addition to our daily clt 737-300

Great news! South Fl will be an awesome launch point.

MarkMyWords said:
I had friends going from PHL to PUJ on flight 467 today......the flight left the gate 5 min early....14 min out to off.....and they arrived 1:02 EARLY!! And they got their bags! LOL
[post="245870"][/post]​

Speaking of the 'new' US debut, US was in the local news yesterday. However, unlike other times US makes the local newscast, yesterday it was somewhat positive news. The local DC area stations mentioned new US service from DCA to DFW, ORD, ATL, etc.
Although I've been in the DC area for only a bit over a year, every time US made the local newscast it was always negative (labor concessions, baggage fiasco). Good to hear something positive for a change. Now if only US would do some real advertising (in addition to GoFares & Seth posters on Metrobuses).

Latest posts