PIT invited to compete for US Airways center

Heck bring the OCC to PHL and put it on the island at the end of the runway. Then US can cut the pay to hmmm let's say the $7 to $8.00 an hour. Not consider PHL due to the cost of living? That does NOT seem to be a factor in what US wants to pay ANYONE. lol :lol: Maybe even put it where the Lagoon hotel is. Yeah there ya go.

AND ALLEGHENY COUNTY HAS JUST BEEN A "PLEASURE" TO WORK WITH !!!!!!!!

Sure. All they did want float 2 billion in bonds to build US the exact terminal it wanted only to be subsequently shafted in bankruptcy.

That same sarcasm might be applicable to the unions on the property: Jerry G going "AFA HAS BEEN A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH!!!".

:rolleyes:

Oh, get a Ouija board out -- it's all about money. They'll go with the city that offers the most money. Personally, I hope PIT tells them to shove it up their anus.

Later,
Eye
I think you are right. I think some of the phx cities may offer bigger tax incentives. I think they really want to be chosen and because they have not been shafted in bk, may offer alot more money. Some of the phx cities have recently competed for Google, Intel and other companies and have some good insight into what to offer and the benefits of succeeding. Again the money will talk.

We Arizonans love our hot summers and mild winters :)

CLT would be sort of "middle ground" between the 2 climates.
Hopefully it will be in The Valley (PHX) or The Carolinas (CLT).....both are great places to live and BOTH are "Hub" cities. The constant boohooing from western PA is tiresome and most of US- Don't Want to Hear it.....it's all about money, it's called BUSINESS (and nobody said you are going to like it).

Phoenix/Tempe and Arizona will come through. They have always supported America West Airlines through thick and thin and they have no intention of letting this go to another city. I think it will be a battle between Phoenix and Tempe, but don't be surprised if Glendale with it's new stadium tries to get into the mix as well. Mayor of Phoenix Phil Gordon seems to be fully committed to this airline and supports it wholeheartedly.

As a Pittsburgh area taxpayer I hope CLT or PHX gets it. USAirways is a thing of the past in this area now, and no need to get anyone's hope up that will ever change. Take all that incentive money and put it towards a new arena! :)

Latest posts