Us Airways Ceo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are saying that the current trasformation plan , I use that term lightly, is too little too then we agree again. Status quo, ditto that. Revamping the entire airline, diito that too.

Could I see myself as a sales trainer? I do not think so I couldn't even see myself as a salesman. I tend to be too honest and point out the good and bad, if I was selling a car that was in great running condtion but there was a scratch and the headliner had small tear I would probably tell about the scratch and tear before I got around to saying how good it ran.

I think maybe you and others underestimate how much the employees understand about whats at stake here. I mean the livelyhood of their family and them are at stake and the only thing more important would be their life.

That said I have always supported the right to vote. If people want to vote with head or heart both/neither who is anyone to deny them that right? If someone chooses full pay to the last day for whatever reason what gves anyone the right to tell them to quit?

BTW what category would you put USA320Pilot speaking for or about? facts or fantasy?

BTW2 good to see you chipper today.

E-Trons,
Very well put. I totally agree with your take on incentives. I worked for the North Carolina carrier bought by USAir in 1989 and they had the same type of incentives and rewards.
Incedently as I'm sure you are aware, Bethune came from Piedmont and brought that same moral boosting style to Continental. Too bad Siegel did not pick up on this as he may still be on the premises if he did. As for Lakefield he has a tough assignment but could easily learn from Bethune if he plans on changing the culture. As for Wolf it does not surprise me in the least that he took the attitude that you described. Gangwal was a clone as well. I actually was a participant in a few of Gangwal's meetings and intimidation and embarassment was his forte. You usually left the meeting with zero incentive other than you would do what was necessary to keep your job. A real people person he was.

PineyBob said:
You know that comment would be funny if there wasn't so much truth in it. That is ONE area where I have consistantly faulted US Airways and the style of Jerry Glass.

I firmly agree that massive cuts in workforce, wages & benefits are REQUIRED in order for US Airways to survive. I do firmly believe that there is a right way and a wrong way.

IMO not enough "Selling" as to why the cuts were required and what the plan was to ultimately turn the place around. NOW after everyone is good and pissed off, the "New" guy comes in and plays it straight and now almost nobody wants to believe him.

The cutbacks both then and now should have been & should be coupled with "incentives" to motivate the workforce and energize it in the pursuit of company objectives. If you chop the heck out of pay & benefits you have to give them something to try to earn some of it back and earn it in ways that benefit the company.
what morale? we have had no morale since seigel destroyed this outfit instead of fixing it right when he had the shot!

PineyBob said:
Speaking for myself I do have specific goals in all of this and slowly I am reaching them
Bob,

Care to share? I can't speak for everyone but I am very interested in what those would be. All along I thought you were in it just to save Usairways at any cost just for the pleasure of continuing to fly them. If you are slowly reaching "them goals" that obvously couldn't be one of the goals you talking about.

PineyBob said:
Frankly if you are so miserable in your job that it effects your home life then you need to quit.

I say: I think when you said "you" you meant anyone not me specifically. I don't understand where in the quote "full pay to the last day" it implies anything about someones miserablity at work. Could be they are just fed up with a company that wants you to give and not fix anything.

No more concessions. When the place finally closes its doors or is sold off those concessions will lead to lower UE benefits for the workers and better golden parachutes for the top dogs. The ship has taken on more water than can be bailed out.

usairways_vote_NO said:
I say: I think when you said "you" you meant anyone not me specifically. I don't understand where in the quote "full pay to the last day" it implies anything about someones miserablity at work. Could be they are just fed up with a company that wants you to give and not fix anything.
I'm sick and tired of outsiders (nonemployees) telling us how we should vote, quit or anything. You LOSERS know who you are! :shock: I stand by the full pay and benefits until the last miserable day. And like I said in the past if the company wants to get rid of most of us then lets just sink this ship together so we can take all the RATS with us! :up:

Attachments

• CACX4TI7.jpg
    CACX4TI7.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 89
to much time to quit said:
I'm sick and tired of outsiders (nonemployees) telling us how we should vote, quit or anything. You LOSERS know who you are! :shock: I stand by the full pay and benefits until the last miserable day. And like I said in the past if the company wants to get rid of most of us then lets just sink this ship together so we can take all the RATS with us! :up:
Aren't you sick of the insiders (employees) that are saying that too?

to much time to quit said:
Now this guy I like…he tells it just as it is holding nothing back, just the way I live life, for the good or bad of it. :up:

FYI…I couldn’t have said it any better brother, good luck to you.

PineyBob said:
but for me when I think
BUT, it's NOT about "YOU" PINEYBOB!!!

You don't get it, this guy just said and I agree that posters like you are loathed by the U employee on here.

We don't care about what happened to your home town steel mill, we don't care if you think we can't find other work at 75%, we don't give two whits yet like the captain you keep up your mantra of preaching to the U employee what YOU think.

Here's what I think which is exactly what I PMed you about after your nasty gram PM to me, you are troubled. . . . . . . . .

cavalier said:
You don't get it, this guy just said and I agree that posters like you are loathed by the U employee on here.
Whoa. Hold on a bit. Posters need to speak only for themselves...don't speak for me and/or everyone else. I have seen post by PB, you, a certain capt, and others that I totally disagree with, that got my blood pressue up, but I, nor you have any right to say they shouldn't post here (as long as they are clean and not threatening). This is an open forum. Open to any and all who want to express their opinion, anger, praise, good news, sad news, etc. I, nor you have to agree with them. I and you, when we see their "Handle" can simply skip what they have written if we dont want to read what they have to say.
....Guys, type on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts